Home

Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now

This is a discussion on Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
Whew - PRO-TAK is Much Better Now

I was a bit concerned with the E3 build (like most of you probably were) that were a lot of times where defenders would just bounce off instead of wrapping up. I am happy to say it is much improved...just played a full game against Donny (I was Vikings, he was Cardinals - he killed me BTW), and it was WAY better ... much more predictable and reliable than the E3 build.

I dug deeper to see what happened and found out that before E3 there was some tuning being done to dictate when gang tackles could be triggered, and the primary criteria was the angle of the ballcarrier in relation to the ground. Meaning, if a player was about to fall / touch the ground, he shouldn't be able to be gang tackled (obviously because he would warp back to upright). Apparently there were a few bugs in this calculation though, so often times it would think he was leaned over when in fact he wasn't. Now it has been tuned much more appropriately, and the gang tackles are really looking great.

As a side note, the momentum in PRO-TAK is also much more pronounced as well (and also finally doesn't stop when the players engage...it keeps moving throughout the tackle) Both Beanie Wells and Peterson really felt like they were carrying those first 2 defenders when they had a head of steam...which looked and felt great. Unfortunately I don't have vids but I'll try to get some soon.

Thought you'd like the update...on to looking at everyone's other favorite issue - the pass rush!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Whew - PRO-TAK is much better now.

Thanks a lot for the update Ian, keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I was a bit concerned with the E3 build (like most of you probably were) that were a lot of times where defenders would just bounce off instead of wrapping up. I am happy to say it is much improved...just played a full game against Donny (I was Vikings, he was Cardinals - he killed me BTW), and it was WAY better ... much more predictable and reliable than the E3 build.

I dug deeper to see what happened and found out that before E3 there was some tuning being done to dictate when gang tackles could be triggered, and the primary criteria was the angle of the ballcarrier in relation to the ground. Meaning, if a player was about to fall / touch the ground, he shouldn't be able to be gang tackled (obviously because he would warp back to upright). Apparently there were a few bugs in this calculation though, so often times it would think he was leaned over when in fact he wasn't. Now it has been tuned much more appropriately, and the gang tackles are really looking great.

As a side note, the momentum in PRO-TAK is also much more pronounced as well (and also finally doesn't stop when the players engage...it keeps moving throughout the tackle) Both Beanie Wells and Peterson really felt like they were carrying those first 2 defenders when they had a head of steam...which looked and felt great. Unfortunately I don't have vids but I'll try to get some soon.

Thought you'd like the update...on to looking at everyone's other favorite issue - the pass rush!
Sweet!

And welcome back

Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Ian the Pass Rush seems to be the final thing you guys need to knock this out of the park!

Get those DE's down field!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Pro TAk look awesome

good job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Sounds good! I definitely though some of the tackles in the E3 vids looked weird, glad to see it's been fixed.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks, Ian. Sounds great.

We welcome all gameplay vids man, so please try your best to get as many up

Thanks man, because of you and the rest of the gang, yall got my $60.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Thanks for the update Ian.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »