Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #89
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: New Madden 10 Blog

Wow i didnt read any of the posts in this thread so im hoping everyone is staying positive

AHHH this game cannot come faster enough!

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Playbooks and CPU Playcalling Improvements

Fellas -

This might be the coolest thing they've done to Madden. IRL - what I see on EVERY Sunday - is 32 teams and 32 distinct styles of football being played, based around each team's respective personnel and philosophies.

There was this mental connection I had worked up when I was younger - throughout the season, watching NFL Teams is like watching a Heavyweight fight. Each team, or boxer if you will, has their own individual style. One example being that some teams 'jab' with the run, wearing down their opponents defense, before hitting them with the power shot - the deep vertical pass to a speedy receiver.

Sometimes I'd watch Saints games and just KNOW when they were going deep - you could feel them setting up that punch.

The idea of having just a tiny bit of this emulated in Madden is extremely cool. Just the idea that they did research and based the tendencies on real life statistics - that's just a solid approach from the core. Great foundation. And if they can evolve the feature - another legitimate reason to buy a new game every year.

-SeventhWard
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 1

This particular AI is still tuned to personnel so if peterson gets injured or if moss goes down for the patriots then expect a shift in the focus of plays in the playbook.
If you start putting 8 or 9 men in the box agains't AP thats when the adaptive AI will kick in and take advantage of you over playing the run on 1st down.
The game is becoming more like real football and this adds incredible longjevity to the offline franchise. ALong with logic changes tis may be the best franchise ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is awesome. i am very pleased with this. if this works out right, it will finally really feel like the NFL when we play Madden.

I am also hoping on day they will revamp the generic playbooks as well. add in a run and shoot one for me!

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 AM   #93
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
This is awesome. i am very pleased with this. if this works out right, it will finally really feel like the NFL when we play Madden.

I am also hoping on day they will revamp the generic playbooks as well. add in a run and shoot one for me!
Yeah, the defensive playbooks are all boring and generic.

But gotta give props for the offensive playbooks. They were killer in 09. And with 35 new formation and over 1000 more new plays in M10. Offense is gonna be awesome.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #94
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
To accomplish this, we used our Play Designer tool to totally re-vamp the "AI Groups" to change the way the CPU calls their plays.
I want this.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #95
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I want this.
But can you use it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #96
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
But can you use it
I'll figure it out.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »