Home

NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

Please welcome Da_Czar to the Operation Sports staff. He will be giving us exclusive videos and content in the very near future. Here is his first piece.

----------------------------------------------

What's happening family? It's your friendly neighborhood Czar coming at you from New York City. EA invited Czar out to the Change the Game event at the Cellar Bar in the Bryant Park Hotel. At this event, the NBA was well represented by the the new cover athlete Kevin Durant, as well as Steph Curry, John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins.

With an open bar and 9th Wonder on the turntables, the mood could not have been better for a video game enthusiast to get a first look at NBA Elite 11. In a show of raw professionalism and sheer strength of will, Czar avoided the bar until both NBA Jam and NBA Elite 11 could be properly examined.

Read More - NBA Elite, NBA Jam Impressions from New York
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 23
Soo....did the controls actually feel like u were playing basketball...i mean i understand that u have control over everything but is it the type of control and moves that a basketball player would make in real life?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
Pro

TalenT's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm actually impressed by Elite. I'm just a little afraid that there's a little TOO much control. I think you HAVE to have some two player animations to keep a realistic appearance. I hope they find that balance because from what I've seen/heard thus far...things are shaping up.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 46
bold and assertive is right.
if this new control scheme paysoff as its being sold and promoted it will revolutionize the hoops gaming industry and push Elite to the forefront as 2k did years ago.
now granted, the gameplay has to be on par as well, so a lot needs to go right.
but, these are the chances u take, and Ea was in a position to take it.
low risk/high reward.

good to see Da Czar be like George and Weezie and 'moving on up'.

Last edited by econoodle; 06-25-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz3v3ry504
Soo....did the controls actually feel like u were playing basketball...i mean i understand that u have control over everything but is it the type of control and moves that a basketball player would make in real life?
Whats up mz3v3 ?

Do you mean how the moves appear visually ?or how do the moves feel on the controller ? The control scheme is real intuitive. It makes a lot of sense and is fairly easy to pick up.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

Last edited by Da_Czar; 06-25-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalenT
I'm actually impressed by Elite. I'm just a little afraid that there's a little TOO much control. I think you HAVE to have some two player animations to keep a realistic appearance. I hope they find that balance because from what I've seen/heard thus far...things are shaping up.
That is the thing TalenT once you give all that control its up to the users.... So the game can look brilliant and then terrible depending on who your watching and this is without including the fact that its an early build and not everything is added and turned on. So outside of the normal warts you would have looking at an early game you can have the game look really good or really bad.

I actually took some video but it would be unfair to the Elite 11 crew to show because its not a good representation of the game, since the guys playing were new to the control.

and who knows how this will come together in 5 on 5 ? that is the real key. Because honestly last year live already had much better control than 2k. So for me its the implementation of these controls into the 5 v 5 that will tell the real story for most here. After the control becomes second nature how will the game hold up ? I think that is a fair question that most of us will have to wait until the demo to see.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Whats up mz3v3 ?

Do you mean how the moves appear visually ?or how do the moves feel on the controller ? The control scheme is real intuitive. It makes a lot of sense and is fairly easy to pick up.
Hey! but yeh i meant how do they feel on the controller. Does it make your hands cramp up after a while like fight night or is it more of a flick of the analog stick? Visually i got a glimpse of because of the video posted in another thread with KD and LBJ and i just didn't like it.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
As I understand it, ratings determine how big of a sweet spot each player has during the shooting motion. This sweet spot will also be affected by difficulty level and defensive presence. So just like in real life, your wide-open shots should be easier for you to make, but if you are being closely guarded by a good defender with good defensive ratings, his pressure will change your sweet spot (As opposed to having an effect on your percentage). Basically, that means hitting a pressured shot will require more skill on your part. This whole breakdown rewards the great skill of the player shooting the ball, and it is reinforced by the ratings. In addition, a player like Kobe will have a greater sweet spot under pressure than a player like Joakim Noah.
This.
October can't come any faster, or september for the demo. can't wait to try this game.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »