Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #145
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The icons don't mean they are expecting the ball. It means they are looking so they aren't telling you really anything.
I would agree if the icons said when they were open etc..
You have to remember this is a video game trying to copy a "real world" experience on field with quick repsonses "visually".

What is the problem with some of us not wanting it on at all? The USER should know exactly what route every WR is doing on the field and the exact time there heads should be turning around.. I don't want an icon telling me when there heads are turned.. I want to be able to figure it out myself and time the throw.. With the Icons lighting up and letting you know that the WRs heads are turned it's making it easier on the USER to time the throw and find the open WRs.. IMO it's a CHALLENGE trying to time the pass and figure out when the WR is going to turn his head.. All they have to do is make this an option for us gamers who don't want to use it and for the gamers who want to use it.. It's that simple..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #146
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Actually, it's not as simple as it appears on the surface.

Options are always great, but if both games don't have the option as we speak, people who are in favor of turning it off should also plead their case on the NCAA side.

Options/controls will be the same this year.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #147
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, so according to bold, why shouldn't people that want to, have an option to turn the VISUALS off then?

I really don't see what the issue is with people asking for that option. This same thing seems to happen when someone says they would like an option to hide OVR and other people chime in that OVR doesn't matter.

Cool then, there shouldn't be any confusion about why some people want an option to hide something that is no benefit to them, when displayed.
No its fine to want to have the option of the icons fading being turned off. My point is it is not doing anything other than a visual aid of when they are looking.
They could be double teamed but looking...

And lastly the icons will be there regardless. Yo'ull only be turning off the fade.
So actually if you really want less "clutter" you should want to keep this turned on as at some points there will be faded icons...

And yes I want more vids and info lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #148
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
What is the problem with some of us not wanting it on at all? The USER should know exactly what route every WR is doing on the field and the exact time there heads should be turning around.. I don't want an icon telling me when there heads are turned.. I want to be able to figure it out myself and time the throw.. With the Icons lighting up and letting you know that the WRs heads are turned it's making it easier on the USER to time the throw and find the open WRs.. IMO it's a CHALLENGE trying to time the pass and figure out when the WR is going to turn his head.. All they have to do is make this an option for us gamers who don't want to use it and for the gamers who want to use it.. It's that simple..
There's nothing wrong with having the option to turn it off except the icons cant be turned off. You'll simply be turning off the fade.
And no it does not make it easier. It again does not mean they are open etc..
It simply means they are looking. You the user still need to pick the appropriate wr etc based on coverage etc..they could be double teamed and still looking.

In any case having the option to leave icons on at all times is an option that would be fine for those that want it.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #149
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with having the option to turn it off except the icons cant be turned off. You'll simply be turning off the fade.
And no it does not make it easier. It again does not mean they are open etc..
It simply means they are looking. You the user still need to pick the appropriate wr etc based on coverage etc..they could be double teamed and still looking.

In any case having the option to leave icons on at all times is an option that would be fine for those that want it.
I'm not saying the WRs are open but it makes it easier on the USER locate the WRs who got there heads turned.. I like the challenge of finding the WRs on my own instead of an icon telling me the WRs are looking for the ball.. But the simple solution is to have this as an option.. That's all I'm asking for..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #150
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, it's not as simple as it appears on the surface.

Options are always great, but if both games don't have the option as we speak, people who are in favor of turning it off should also plead their case on the NCAA side.

Options/controls will be the same this year.
I feel you Road and I am not directing this at you but it irks me the way EA/Tiburon seems to handle visual options, as a whole.

Back when they were doing podcasts for M12 and they directly addressed people asking for an option to hide OVR. They actually said they could easily add that option but that they would not because that would make it too hard for people. WTF? LOL

OVR is the best correlation to this because both have an under the hood and visual component. I respect the visual component for people that need it or want it but I don't get why they seem so resistant for an option to turn the visual component off for those who don't. Same thing applies with the DPP indicator from M12, where it informed you in the pause menu, players that had changed.

There are many things I would love to have just running under the hood, with an option to turn the visual "proof" off.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #151
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
We're all entitled to different opinions, but I certainly wouldn't label some sort of training wheels. It was perhaps my favorite gameplay enhancement when I played the game in February. It added a game within a game.
I used the term "training wheels" because to me it seemed like a really good learning tool. That is how I used rewind. But speaking strictly from my point of view as someone who has logged a ton of time with Madden over the years, I can't imagine playing with it on all the time. Part of the fun for me when a new Madden comes out is taking the time to learn the way the game moves and feels; figuring out the timing myself.

For years I had no other choice but to learn the timing myself, and I guess I just naturally recoiled at the thought that now they're giving visual cues to circumvent that process. But I don't want to begrudge anyone for wanting to use it. I just hope (expect) for there to be an option to turn it off, though.

Hopefully there's enough options so that we all can play how we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #152
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
I like it personally. Doesn't the icons "lighting up" just mean they will be looking for the ball and not that they are open?

To me it adds to the game. I can't see all the receivers "heads" to see if they are looking for the ball and this is a good replacment IMO.

It isn't telling you when to throw etc.. it simply is saying when they are looking.

Unless I'm totally missing something.

in any case.. I like it.
Actually, it is a visual aide to tell you when to throw. In two videos I've seen, receiver icons light up before they look at the QB.

And rgiles confirmed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You're right -- it's not always an indicator of when the receiver is actually looking. The way it's tuned allows you to anticipate your throws like the pros do.

There were times I could throw the ball prior to his icon turning on b/c I knew the receiver would get his head around before the ball got there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »