Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #225
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
One thing that's important for me is that even if we don't have the option to turn the icons off, the game should be more sim than in years past when the WR's were always "looking". I think we can all agree that it's at least a step in the right direction.

I look forward to getting my hands on the demo to truly see how it all works.

I agree.. I definitely like the upgrade they made with having the WRs look for the ball now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #226
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Kirk Cousins just called on Line 1. He wants his NFL career back.
You have to have one to get it back.....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #227
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel you it is strange to see Lions, Patriots and Giants fan talk about NFL realism when their teams unrealistically draft WRs 10 years in a row, cheese to win Super Bowls and fake injuries to stop no huddles. LOL
Hey Easy there! Don't forget about the ridiculous zig zagging by Ahmad Bradshaw!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #228
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Oh I agree. The same view if you switch to a Db though, only way he is catching the ball is if you can turn him around in time to "see" the pass. Last year you could switch and grab picks all day without ever seeing the ball. If you play in a no switch league on defense, you will be severely handicapped this year with the focus on offensive user catching. That's my opinion anyway. My user catching skills are so bad we shouldn't even say skills... We should call it a deficiency.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Switching to a DB is too risky, the control doesn't change fast enough. I don't know how many times I've switched to a DB, hit the intercept ball, the pass is completed and then the WR is about 3 yards or so running away when I finally THEN get the catch animation from my DB, LOL. Why bother??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #229
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Switching to a DB is too risky, the control doesn't change fast enough. I don't know how many times I've switched to a DB, hit the intercept ball, the pass is completed and then the WR is about 3 yards or so running away when I finally THEN get the catch animation from my DB, LOL. Why bother??
It is not at all risky if you have the stick skills, it's actually quite the opposite. With the lack of Pass Interference penalties in Madden 12, it is stupidly easy to select your DB (while the ball is in the air) and turbo right into/in front of the WR, knocking him off his route and getting a cheap INT or swat. Another reason why I wanted to institute a no-switch rule in my Madden 12 league, guys were getting 3-4 picks a game doing that BS.

To be honest, it's "riskier" to NOT switch to your DB and user catch when playing Madden.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 05-02-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #230
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I don't know man..I would have to disagree.
That's the main reason I stopped switching on D. Was waaay to easy to get picks and swats.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #231
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
It is not at all risky if you have the stick skills, it's actually quite the opposite. With the lack of Pass Interference penalties in Madden 12, it is stupidly easy to select your DB (while the ball is in the air) and turbo right into/in front of the WR, knocking him off his route and getting a cheap INT or swat. Another reason why I wanted to institute a no-switch rule in my Madden 12 league, guys were getting 3-4 picks a game doing that BS.

To be honest, it's "riskier" to NOT switch to your DB and user catch when playing Madden.
It's not about stick skills, I'm switching to the db and doing the appropriate action, the game is simply not responsive enough after you switch. This has been the case since we went to Xbox 360. I could do it just fine on the PS2.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #232
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
It's not about stick skills, I'm switching to the db and doing the appropriate action, the game is simply not responsive enough after you switch. This has been the case since we went to Xbox 360. I could do it just fine on the PS2.
Stick skills have everything to do with it, and if it isn't your stick skills, then it must be just your game then. It is ridiculously easy and cheap to do once you learn how to do it. Plenty of others have confirmed this as well. The XBOX 360 has nothing to do with it at all, as that's pretty much the only system that I play video games on and I have zero issues with switching to DB's and getting tons of "user" interceptions and swats.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 05-02-2012 at 11:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »