Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #201
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Sky, you keep saying that the feature tells the player when the receiver is looking for the ball. The devs keep saying it too, but it's not. I've seen two separate vids of receiver icons lighting up before the receiver's head turns to actually look for the ball. That can only mean that is is functioning as a visual cue to aide with anicipation of throws.

:59 mark. The receiver to the right in the slot. His icon lights up right as he gets into the void, but well before his head is around.

The receiver isn't looking but if you let the ball go right when the icon lights up, that's a perfect completion. The timing would be impeccable. That is a visual cue that tells you when to throw.

There's another one in the NCAA broadcast where it's even more blatant. The receiver is running what looks like an out, and his icon lights up while his back is still to the QB. Now way he was looking.

Couldn't find the youtube version, but if you scroll to 14:21, the florida receiver (A) running up the seam to the right.http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/...rs-tv/151?ch=3

There is a difference between saying a receiver is looking for the ball and saying that he is ready. Looking means his eyes are physically looking back to the LOS... ready means that he is at the point in the route where the ball should come out. And if an icon lights up at that point, it is visual clue to help with when to throw the ball.
IF it is an aid to tell you when to throw the ball then YES I'm all against it and would agree with everyone who dislikes it. That's my main point. IF it's just the WR looking back/ready for ball then it's not an aid.

I can only go with what the actual develops have said lol

Also even If a WR icon glowing means he is "ready" it still does not mean he's the best option.. or am I wrong

Seriously I'm right there with those that don't want an aid...
We just need a developer to clarify WTF the system does lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 05-01-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #202
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Bitching huh? Haha! Some of you guys on here.. If you had of continued reading the rest of the comments after that you would have had a better understanding of what we are asking for. I simply want the option to turn it off so I can scan the field on my own and locate the WRs that get there heads turned around without the icon blinking to let me know the WRs have turned there head.. I understand that it doesn't mean the WRs are open just because it's lighting up when there heads turn around but I want to figure it out on my own by studying the routes and getting the timing down on my own when the WR gets his head turned. If I'm off with my timing and the WR hasn't turned his head around I should pay for it with a bad throw. But like I said plenty of times the simple solution is to make this feature an option for us gamers who want the challenge of locating the WRs who's heads are turned for the ball.
Ok, you convinced me, I actually agree with you now. I was wrong in my previous assessment of this I think.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #203
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Also I never use user catch (Hate it) and only play in online leagues without user catching.
I agree with hating user catching, but I kept losing because of it, so I had to keep up before I got left behind

You are lucky, because having run a league for 2 years, it is VERY tough to find enough members that will agree to a "no user catching rule", but Madden in it's present state almost demands it in order for the ratings to matter.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #204
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Cool Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
I agree with hating user catching, but I kept losing because of it, so I had to keep up before I got left behind

You are lucky, because having run a league for 2 years, it is VERY tough to find enough members that will agree to a "no user catching rule", but Madden in it's present state almost demands it in order for the ratings to matter.
yeah it was a full on "No switching while ball in air" rule. (D included)
No better way to play IMO.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #205
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Again this mode does NOT tell you when to throw the ball, at all.
It simply says when they are looking.
It is not an aid, just a visual cue of when they are looking.
It is something much different from last in that last year you could throw the ball at any point in the route and the receiver would usually make the attempt to catch it whether they were looking or not. This is actually, if its not lit up, they player is not looking and therefore won't even acknowledge the ball being thrown. Completely different from last year. It's not just an "aid".

I wasn't explicitly calling anyone a "cheeser". I was simply referencing that many people scream for realism until its something that affects a user individually and they will have to change their play style. If they add an option to turn it off for offline then then I have no issues. Online games should be mandatory. No way one user should be able to turn off a feature designed to promote realism vs another user online. It would be no different than one user having play clock on and another playing with it turned off.... How fair would that be?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #206
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It is something much different from last in that last year you could throw the ball at any point in the route and the receiver would usually make the attempt to catch it whether they were looking or not. This is actually, if its not lit up, they player is not looking and therefore won't even acknowledge the ball being thrown. Completely different from last year. It's not just an "aid".

I wasn't explicitly calling anyone a "cheeser". I was simply referencing that many people scream for realism until its something that affects a user individually and they will have to change their play style. If they add an option to turn it off for offline then then I have no issues. Online games should be mandatory. No way one user should be able to turn off a feature designed to promote realism vs another user online. It would be no different than one user having play clock on and another playing with it turned off.... How fair would that be?

Like stated before this would only be a huge thing IF user catching took a big hit when throwing to a wr that wasn't "Ready/Looking".
In fact a D player (if you switch to them) should take the same hit...

Either way I will only play with no switch on D leagues..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #207
Banned

OVR: 25
Oh I agree. The same view if you switch to a Db though, only way he is catching the ball is if you can turn him around in time to "see" the pass. Last year you could switch and grab picks all day without ever seeing the ball. If you play in a no switch league on defense, you will be severely handicapped this year with the focus on offensive user catching. That's my opinion anyway. My user catching skills are so bad we shouldn't even say skills... We should call it a deficiency.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #208
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM

Again, how is it promoting realism if (as the developers have stated) you can simply throw "early", select your receiver and user catch away? Especially with user catching being easier this year. It kind of defeats the purpose of the feature in the first place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »