Home

Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #209
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 13 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It is something much different from last in that last year you could throw the ball at any point in the route and the receiver would usually make the attempt to catch it whether they were looking or not. This is actually, if its not lit up, they player is not looking and therefore won't even acknowledge the ball being thrown. Completely different from last year. It's not just an "aid".

I wasn't explicitly calling anyone a "cheeser". I was simply referencing that many people scream for realism until its something that affects a user individually and they will have to change their play style. If they add an option to turn it off for offline then then I have no issues. Online games should be mandatory. No way one user should be able to turn off a feature designed to promote realism vs another user online. It would be no different than one user having play clock on and another playing with it turned off.... How fair would that be?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
So you are saying the icon being turned off(both players) wouldn't be considered realistic in USER vs USER? The only difference would be that the icon wouldn't light up to let you know that the WRs has turned his head which would force the USER to really pay attention to what the WRs are doing and the routes they are running or else they will struggle with there passing... That's putting more pressure on the USER. The icon on wouldn't affect my playstyle. It would make things easier for me. But I already know this is going to be mandatory for online play just like All-Pro is for ranked games which already sucks.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #210
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
So you are saying the icon being turned off(both players) wouldn't be considered realistic in USER vs USER? The only difference would be that the icon wouldn't light up to let you know that the WRs has turned his head which would force the USER to really pay attention to what the WRs are doing and the routes they are running or else they will struggle with there passing... That's putting more pressure on the USER. The icon on wouldn't affect my playstyle. It would make things easier for me. But I already know this is going to be mandatory for online play just like All-Pro is for ranked games which already sucks.
100% agreed, attempting to "level" the playing field in this manner is unfair, but apparently, having little Timmy struggle with the new passing game against online competition is even worse.

SMH.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #211
Banned

OVR: 25
Just because you have the ability at your fingertips, doesn't mean you will he able to do it constantly. Like I said about defense, it doesn't matter if you are user controlling or not, if you don't place the defender in an admirable position to see and catch the ball it probably won't happen this year.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill seriously. I had about 20 hours of hands on with this already and it was an excellent upgrade. I can say the first quarter I played I spent time focusing on "when the receiver has a lit up icon" and it screwed me up royally. Once I realized that "hey, the icon lights up pretty much when I would normally throw the pass on Madden 12" it became almost un noticable. The people who will notice however are the guys that do the whole quick throw garbage to the te on the seam route or quick throw wheel route. It pretty much completely eliminates glitch throwing. THAT is something you guys at OS have heavily asked for over the years.. elimination of cheese tactics. By rewarding users to throw the ball in realistic ways such as timing, they are in fact penalizing the people who don't by their receivers not attempting to catch the ball.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #212
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Just because you have the ability at your fingertips, doesn't mean you will he able to do it constantly. Like I said about defense, it doesn't matter if you are user controlling or not, if you don't place the defender in an admirable position to see and catch the ball it probably won't happen this year.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill seriously. I had about 20 hours of hands on with this already and it was an excellent upgrade. I can say the first quarter I played I spent time focusing on "when the receiver has a lit up icon" and it screwed me up royally. Once I realized that "hey, the icon lights up pretty much when I would normally throw the pass on Madden 12" it became almost un noticable. The people who will notice however are the guys that do the whole quick throw garbage to the te on the seam route or quick throw wheel route. It pretty much completely eliminates glitch throwing. THAT is something you guys at OS have heavily asked for over the years.. elimination of cheese tactics. By rewarding users to throw the ball in realistic ways such as timing, they are in fact penalizing the people who don't by their receivers not attempting to catch the ball.

Well, I guess I will have to see for myself. I think the whole point of the discussion is that the "upgrade" can be made without having the icons flash like they do. The exact same passing system can be used, just without the visual "cues". It has been done before. Either way, it is what it is and whoever buys Madden 13 and/or NCAA 13 will just have to live with it I guess.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #213
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Well, I guess I will have to see for myself. I think the whole point of the discussion is that the "upgrade" can be made without having the icons flash like they do. The exact same passing system can be used, just without the visual "cues". It has been done before. Either way, it is what it is and whoever buys Madden 13 and/or NCAA 13 will just have to live with it I guess.
That's what I think keeps getting lost in this discussion and I don't understand why. If we all just stop presuming to know what each other is saying and try to get clarification, I don't think this discussion would still be going on. lol

@Illy, CR is saying the feature, even with the light up visual is not as casually friendly as some might believe before testing it.

@CR, some people are asking for an option just to disable the icons going dim, so they stay solid/lit at all times like last year because they don't feel they need that part. Not to disable the entire feature.

@everyone else, I have read a few impressions that describe the same thing CR is alluding to about it not being an easy or given when attempting to User catch unexpected passes. The premise of receivers and defenders having to see balls to make good plays on them is definitely realistic and a welcome addition. Let's wait and see how it pans out in the NCAA 13 demo before we write it off or praise it. lol
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #214
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Honestly, I will be there next week and will get a better view of where its at with all the other stuff added. I will ask about having an option to just have the icons stay on all the time. I'm not sure if that is possible this late in as its much more involved than just adding the on/off switch. but it surely doesn't hurt to ask. I am already taking down a list of tweaks I want to.see and others have suggested.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #215
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Mention the issue in my sig to, if you get the chance. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #216
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Mention the issue in my sig to, if you get the chance. lol
I'm usually on tapatalk and can't see sigs. If you have something pressing just email it to me. [email protected]. I already have a list as long as my arm for Gameplay tuning suggestions and observations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »