Home

NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Here we go again. Nobody asked for this and they added more teams that nobody uses. They need to scrap the Euro League teams all together from the game. Those resources could somewhere else that needs them.
So you thinkk they are not tracking the use of the Euroleague teams and realize that a lot of european players are using them. That is why they are adding more teams. And because the license is much cheaper that just Charles Barkley they decide to go that rout? Stop complainig about something thy are adding. The Euroleague is not the reason why they are not adding the Classic teams. It is money and greed.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #50
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

I am sure nobody in the US cares, I dont either.. but the euro people love it.. so I am happy for them. Wish they would add some 2000 teams though. Would love to play with Gilbert Arenas Wizards/2000 Raptors etc.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #51
Rookie

MikeJ2021's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Adds 11 More Euroleague Basketball Teams, Bringing Total Up to 25 Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Who said they are abandoning the D-League idea? No where in the news does it state anything regarding that. It was just news that they are adding 11 more Euroleague teams.

Maybe this is the year they add all sorts of features and make it an amazing game and maybe it isn't. We don't know and won't know until the game is out.

Stop reading so much into this.
Not going to turn this it to a bigger issue than it is. But I'm basing my opinion on past actions. Not just this announcement. D League hasn't been in 2K since 2K10. In 2K10 there was just these teams and the NBDL teams. No legends teams, no euro teams. Like I said, 2K has always been capable of adding more teams to the game. Just look at the Show.

Now, like I said my first original post, I think Euro league teams in 2K is good for the game. But I can be disappointed if I feel that they might be ignoring the D League again.

Now if you think they will add those teams to it too then more power to you. I hope you're 100% right and I hope my concerns are 100% wrong. But isn't the point of a message board is to interpret the news how you see fit, draw an opinion, and then comment on it without someone saying you're reading too much into it? We're all reading too much in to it to some extent lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #52
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
Not going to turn this it to a bigger issue than it is. But I'm basing my opinion on past actions. Not just this announcement. D League hasn't been in 2K since 2K10. In 2K10 there was just these teams and the NBDL teams. No legends teams, no euro teams. Like I said, 2K has always been capable of adding more teams to the game. Just look at the Show.

Now, like I said my first original post, I think Euro league teams in 2K is good for the game. But I can be disappointed if I feel that they might be ignoring the D League again.

Now if you think they will add those teams to it too then more power to you. I hope you're 100% right and I hope my concerns are 100% wrong. But isn't the point of a message board is to interpret the news how you see fit, draw an opinion, and then comment on it without someone saying you're reading too much into it? We're all reading too much in to it to some extent lol.
I agree, I shouldn't criticize other for feeling a certain way. I just think it is really premature to write off certain modes or features being in the game.

We know hardly anything about 2K15, past games have been GREAT. This iteration (NBA 2K14) however was disappointing and a bit of slap in the face to their core fan-base.

Maybe they get it and will change and maybe they won't. For what it's worth, I'm excited to watch NBA 2K15 and NBA Live 15 unfold. I'm hoping for the best!
Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
I agree, I shouldn't criticize other for feeling a certain way. I just think it is really premature to write off certain modes or features being in the game.

We know hardly anything about 2K15, past games have been GREAT. This iteration (NBA 2K14) however was disappointing and a bit of slap in the face to their core fan-base.

Maybe they get it and will change and maybe they won't. For what it's worth, I'm excited to watch NBA 2K15 and NBA Live 15 unfold. I'm hoping for the best!
Well stated on both fronts. I'm hoping for the best - which would be the addition of more Euroleague teams, but also a bolstering of classics on top of rightfully returning the D-League and Summer League.

Unfortunately, while admitting it's way too early to draw any real type of conclusions, I admit to understanding where the doubters are coming from. On the surface, the resources likely needed for these Euroleague team creations in NBA 2K15 would mean, in theory, less resources for working on the team creation that'd come with a D-League, Summer League, or Classics improvement (virtually untouched for years).

Further, one would suspect 2K may move to concentrate on improving Euroleague atmosphere (and more). On one hand, if the Euroleague is bound to be included, I approve, for I feel it's quite poor to have Euro teams but seeing them play out like NBA games. On the other hand, again, without knowing if this is true, it'd seem it'd just mean more resources going into a non-NBA facet, thus possibly effecting NBA-based improvements.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #54
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Well stated on both fronts. I'm hoping for the best - which would be the addition of more Euroleague teams, but also a bolstering of classics on top of rightfully returning the D-League and Summer League.

Unfortunately, while admitting it's way too early to draw any real type of conclusions, I admit to understanding where the doubters are coming from. On the surface, the resources likely needed for these Euroleague team creations in NBA 2K15 would mean, in theory, less resources for working on the team creation that'd come with a D-League, Summer League, or Classics improvement (virtually untouched for years).

Further, one would suspect 2K may move to concentrate on improving Euroleague atmosphere (and more). On one hand, if the Euroleague is bound to be included, I approve, for I feel it's quite poor to have Euro teams but seeing them play out like NBA games. On the other hand, again, without knowing if this is true, it'd seem it'd just mean more resources going into a non-NBA facet, thus possibly effecting NBA-based improvements.
Agreed. I can see where people are coming from, I just think it's a wait and see game for us all now.

There are A LOT of things consumers want so 2K is in for a real challenge to appease the masses. I'm choosing to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #55
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I guess it's nice for people that use them but I probably never will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #56
Rookie

optimi5t's Arena

OVR: 1
Hopefully these euro teams will be playable online incorporated in their own euro online mode. Also 2k should really look into getting a license for national teams over the euro teams...however 25 euro teams is a nice modest gesture by 2k. Any addition and variety to the series is a good thing, shows progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »