Home

NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #121
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
THis CPU hitting is out of control. Id have less of a problem is it wasnt cheese.

But I can barely touch them. They can knock my guys down with no regard for momentum.
Hi Kidd You understand that hitting is now what charges the game after the patch right ? we talked about tilted ice before ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #122
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Hi Kidd You understand that hitting is now what charges the game after the patch right ? we talked about tilted ice before ?
Yep you're right. And I've lost count of how many times my guy is right near a loose, bobbling puck only for a CPU guy to come in and take it.

BTW, Ive had to restart this game against Edmonton 3 times because each game they;ve scored 3 goals before halfway through the 1st period. This is unreal.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #123
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Yep you're right. And I've lost count of how many times my guy is right near a loose, bobbling puck only for a CPU guy to come in and take it.

BTW, Ive had to restart this game against Edmonton 3 times because each game they;ve scored 3 goals before halfway through the 1st period. This is unreal.
Yep all programming so right off the bat you have to hit/fight to tilt the ice back to you and though I love that hockey its not realistic at all in 2014 .

Your also not getting solid hits because your intimidated so you have to start a fight/hit but normally the cpu wont fight if they have the advantage and visa versa if you have the advantage and they cant hit it back they will try and start a fight .

So if I hit Kane and cream him why are all other line mates or players effected or intimidated ( cant skate , pass , control puck ect )? makes no sense other than maybe Kane off his game for a bit or injured but not a mass intimidation unless your talking some broad street bullies circa 74 " intimidation .

Even when I balance it I still dont wanna play a game I have little true interaction with and nothing but generated goals I did little to influence but the worst thing is real puck and player physics are gone that we had in NHL 15 .

Oh Im on manual shoot and the puck just goes where ever it wants most of the time weird animations just like when you cant skate ( tons of clippy animations now) and once again its because everything is tilted , gimped ect and all through intimidation so play hit hit hit hockey just hit man where cement head Semenko when you need him .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-04-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #124
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Make sure you turn OFF auto back skate.. helps with defense and I was seeing a back skate when I had the puck trying to rush into the CPU zone - I would lose the puck every time.

Was out shot 43-18 vs the Kings.. they dumped and chased the crap out of the puck and were relentless.

Hitting seems a little bit better with the settings I'm using now.

The biggest change in the game this year is the skating, momentum really plays a huge part and I cannot just run at someone and take them out of the play like I used to in previous versions.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #125
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

This has been an issue for years. The online gamers cry fowl because guys exploit aspects of the game so EA patches the game to cater to the online gamer thus destroying offline play. In addition to making the game arcadey, every player now basically seems to have the same skill set, I can skate end to end and deke with Tanner Glass as easily as I can with Rick Nash. 4th liners are scoring way to much. EA has historically gotten this wrong and the ratings are as broken as the sliders. The patches just magnify it so that online gamers can have equal skilled players on the ice. Thanks to no player edit we can't get the awesome revamped rosters that went a long way in fixing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #126
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think I've received the download for the patch, but based on the reviews I don't think I want it lol! I do want the new gear and crowd models tho can someone help?
Old 10-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #127
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
I don't think I've received the download for the patch, but based on the reviews I don't think I want it lol! I do want the new gear and crowd models tho can someone help?
All or nothing man
This game after the update is nothing more then NHL 12 and if online is so precious at least have separate tuners for on and off but this mess is a update not a tuner .

I really dont even think ratings matter much in this game as I seen cpu 4th liners play like superstars when boost mode is going .

Im really amazed this game that I played easily 200 times on near Allstar Default with real puck and player physics is nothing like the NHL 15 game I bought a month ago ? I mean totally different and all AI generated nothing organic or real pretty much just gimp hockey from NHL 12 .
Old 10-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #128
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Make sure you turn OFF auto back skate.. helps with defense and I was seeing a back skate when I had the puck trying to rush into the CPU zone - I would lose the puck every time.

Was out shot 43-18 vs the Kings.. they dumped and chased the crap out of the puck and were relentless.

Hitting seems a little bit better with the settings I'm using now.

The biggest change in the game this year is the skating, momentum really plays a huge part and I cannot just run at someone and take them out of the play like I used to in previous versions.
It plays like NHL 12 , 13 and 14 so I just try and stay off of playing as a D man as they will undress you regardless or I will wait till the last moment as you will have no chance when their in boost mode so I bring back a forward on D.

I love when I have a clear hit and its like a invisible wall so I miss or glide by what a cheap way to program but most of this crap is because online comes first .

Gonna lower down to pro to lose the boost and then make the cpu tougher by sliders and hopefully theres still penalties

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-04-2014 at 12:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »