Home

The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

This is a discussion on The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

Here it is...

You can discuss the game in this thread. But there will be a couple of rules:

- No comparisons. Just like the other parts of OS, I don't wasn't to see ANY references to the other football games. The talk STAYS on the Joe Montana game. The first pot shot and we go back to no discussion.

- Be respectful to others. If you don't want to talk about Joe Montana Football, stay out of the thread. Don't respond to trolls, report them.

- Speculation. We don't know what we don't know. Don't go insane. Small reaches are okay, but if something isn't confirmed, better to leave it out of this thread.

- Confirmed information. HAVE PROOF. Not "I heard this here". Post pictures. Post links. Not " So and so alluded to this part of the game here, but he didn't actually say it".

Have at it.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #2
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Joe Montana Football 16 Thread

There are a few things for the life of me I cant understand when it comes to Joe Montana Football 16

1. Why hasn't there been an announcement about which consoles the game will be launching on? Its makes zero sense to have your consumers unclear of which platform they should prepare to be using or purchasing for that matter. I thought it was a good idea to get sales straight out of the gate.

2. Why are we still left in the dark on which company is creating this game? That kind of information can also spark interest and hype if its a company that people can trust and believe can put out a quality product.

I just cant reasonably get my hopes up for this "game" that has only been announced via twitter. I do appreciate that we finally have a thread about this game but in the end we know absolutely nothing. Its so frustrating for people that want a new football game.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
There are a few things for the life of me I cant understand when it comes to Joe Montana Football 16

1. Why hasn't there been an announcement about which consoles the game will be launching on? Its makes zero sense to have your consumers unclear of which platform they should prepare to be using or purchasing for that matter. I thought it was a good idea to get sales straight out of the gate.

2. Why are we still left in the dark on which company is creating this game? That kind of information can also spark interest and hype if its a company that people can trust and believe can put out a quality product.

I just cant reasonably get my hopes up for this "game" that has only been announced via twitter. I do appreciate that we finally have a thread about this game but in the end we know absolutely nothing. Its so frustrating for people that want a new football game.
I agree dude. I'm buying no matter what but I can understand 100% why cats hate how they go about things. The platform and release time hiding is the strangest thing Ive prolly seen in a minute with a game. I just feel like they don't know what theyre doing.

There should be a spot to chat up about the game no doubt, it is a relevant topic ya know, but I cant fault Millennium for taking the stance he took. People just wanna know what to prepare for and the JMF staff is giving us nothing, not even basic info.

APF was a lot like this, where the poor way they were presenting the game to the public became more of a story than the game itself. If this is Joe Montanas idea, these dudes need to talk to Joe and show him how APF's marketing/promo went down and how the media got p'd off at all the cat and mouse gaming they started doing. We're at that point now. On the real, not all pub is good pub.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
APF was a lot like this, where the poor way they were presenting the game to the public became more of a story than the game itself. If this is Joe Montanas idea, these dudes need to talk to Joe and show him how APF's marketing/promo went down and how the media got p'd off at all the cat and mouse gaming they started doing. We're at that point now. On the real, not all pub is good pub.
As long as they don't start sending out cease and desist notices to sites to take down their pics just a month before release like 2K did with APF, I think they'll come out better, lol.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

My biggest pet peeve is why jm16 don't have there own forum for feedback?you would think they would have a forum month's ago since its a unlicensed football games.Something is going on and its fishy.I feel if there is no news in April,they might not be confident in there product or something huge news is coming e3.My opinion is if this unlicensed you promote the hell out of it get your name heard,feet wet,or if this is truly is a licenses game you want to surprise the community who been so thirsty for another alternative

Last edited by simbayless; 03-29-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
My biggest pet peeve is why jm16 don't have there own forum for feedback?you would think they would have a forum month's ago since its a unlicensed football games.Something is going on and its fishy.I feel if there is no news in April,they might not be confident in there product or something huge news is coming e3.My opinion is if this unlicensed you promote the hell out of it get your name heard,feet wet,or if this is truly is a licenses game you want to surprise the community who been so thirsty for another alternative
You're right 100%.They have one helluva mountain to climb and they need to give themselves as many advantages as they can. It's the way it's done. However, they're treating the way they communicate how you'd expect a mobile game to be treated.

Only negs could be that its a mobile game, or it's a one-platform exclusive, or its going to be released on last gen systems only or something crazy like that. Otherwise, the secrecy surrounding platforms and release times makes no sense. I'm seriously not understanding their thought process. I remember with APF marketing and promoting was done so awful I just assumed it was a cloak to a larger plan, but eventually it became evident that they really had no clear plan at all and even that reflected in the product. I'm starting to feel like this could be a repeat. I don't want to believe that, I'm just asking them for a reason not to.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
You're right 100%.They have one helluva mountain to climb and they need to give themselves as many advantages as they can. It's the way it's done. However, they're treating the way they communicate how you'd expect a mobile game to be treated.

Only negs could be that its a mobile game, or it's a one-platform exclusive, or its going to be released on last gen systems only or something crazy like that. Otherwise, the secrecy surrounding platforms and release times makes no sense. I'm seriously not understanding their thought process. I remember with APF marketing and promoting was done so awful I just assumed it was a cloak to a larger plan, but eventually it became evident that they really had no clear plan at all and even that reflected in the product. I'm starting to feel like this could be a repeat. I don't want to believe that, I'm just asking them for a reason not to.
Yea thats true too,but it wouldn't make business sense for a company to fund a exclusive unlicensed football game knowing there is a giant out there.lets use our heads and ask ourselves do you really think consumers gonna go ape crazy and pay $400 for (console) a exclusive unlicensed football game?the sim community is small.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I would like to see them get their own forums up so we have a place to go for JMF 16 info without worrying all the threads will get locked, but I don't agree they need a ton of feedback. They seem to have a clear idea of the game they are trying to create.

It's true APF had a ton of cloak and dagger but the game on the field is the best we've ever had in a football game. It's biggest flaw was lack of customization and a franchise mode. Damon has said this game's franchise mode will be its soul and it will have deep customization.

Most recently someone tweeted him if it was safe to assume JMF will be inspired more by 2ks games than any other line of football game. Damon Grow' s response was that would be safe.

I would say if you want to give feedback, tweet him with parts of 2k you really liked or hated and what you really want to see be customisable.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »