Home

adavis2fly HOF "Real Feel" Slider Set

This is a discussion on adavis2fly HOF "Real Feel" Slider Set within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wink adavis2fly HOF "Real Feel" Slider Set

Id like to start by saying these sliders are founded off the base of shadymike's nba 2k17 sliders. I believe he isnt on OS anymore, but for people that want to check out his slider set visit his youtube account "shadymikegaming". That being said, below is the slider set i came up with after tweaking a couple of things that didnt seem to feel quite right with other sets ive tried. This is my first time on OS and I hope with the help of the community it wont be my last! If your like me you know that 2k gave us the foundation to play anykind of game we want, and for real basketball fans its hard to strive for anything other than "Real feel" basketball! enjoy

Update 1.1! All changes in blue font, old number is in parenthesis.

Settings:
Game Difficulty - Hall of Fame (this will change to custom after editing slider but the community seems to believe the base game difficulty effect cpu A.I.)
Quarter length - 11 minutes ( again for simulation purposes only, 2k is a video game and output is much quicker/higher than real life. so sacrifices have to be made for greatness to shine through!)
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Game Speed - 45(46)
Free Throw Difficulty - 65(55)
Shooting Type - Real Player %
Free Throw Shooting Type - Real Player %
Shot Meter - Optional (since Real player %, I have it on.)
Shot Feedback - Optional ( user preference mine is off.)

Controller Settings:
Defensive Assist Strength - 0(100) --> this is important for good defensive mechanics.
Boxout Assist Strength - 55
Automatic Shot Contest - Always

Camera Angle - Optional ( I use Broadcast Generic: Zoom 1, Height 3. I dont know how these will play in 2k camera view so feedback would help tweak the set for those users!)

Pass Target Profile - Custom(was default, openess make be preferably if your turning the ball over too much.)
Pass Target Direction - 50
Pass Target Distance - 15
Pass Target Openess - 40

Coach Settings:
ACE - on (you can still make your own adjustment which i do alot, but regardless your team is always going to have to adapt to the way the game is playing in order for you to be successful!)

PlayVision Display- Full

User/CPU Sliders:
Offense
Inside Shot Success - 20(30)/25
Close Shot Success - 15(33)/30(35)
Mid-Range Success- 42/43
3pt Success - 42/43
Layup Success - 50/50
Dunk in Traffic Frequency - 42/46
Dunk in Traffic Success - 38(40)/40
Pass Accuracy - 46(47)/44(46) --> more none steal turnovers
Alley-Oop Success - 51(50)/52(50)
Contact Shot Success - 35(53)/25(40)
Ball Security - 95(85)/95(75)
Body-Up Sensitivity - 60(45)/70(65)

Defense ** All the same for user/cpu except if 2 numbers listed.
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 65
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100(60)
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 90(80)
Layup Defense Strength (Release) - 75
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 45(40)
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - 35(30)
Help Defense Strength - 100(80)/100(70) --> great rotations, user and cpu
Steal Success - 46(50)/45(50)

Attributes
Acceleration - 51(50)/50
Vertical - 60/60
Strength - 100(50)/100(50)
Stamina - 50/50
Speed - 51/50
Durability - 90/90
Hustle - 45(50)/65(54)
Ball Handling - 75(58)/75(57)
Hands - 45(43)/45(42)
Dunking Ability -48(53)/50(52)
On-Ball Defense - 60(48)/58(56)
Stealing - 45/43
Blocking - 45/90(75) --> seeing some great agressive blocks from cpu, still not enough which is a 2k problem not sliders.
Offensive Awareness - 50(60)/90(60)
Defensive Awareness - 100(85)/100(85)
Offensive Rebounding - 40(48)/39(46) --> credit to Aceboonkoon, these are from his Jordan's Own Realistic 2k17 sliders on here.
Defensive Rebounding - 58(48)/58(47) --> ^
Offensive Consistency - 55(50)/65(48) --> i believe these sliders have alot to do with what seperates the stars and role players
Defensive Consistency - 100(70)/100(90)
Fatigue Rate - 40/42(43)
Lateral Quickness - 58(53)/54(53)

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots - 50/45
Take Close Shots - 50/25
Take Mid-Range Shots - 50/50
Take 3pt Shots - 50/48
Post Shots - 50/54(51)
Attack The Basketball -50/85(60)
Look for Post Players - 50/60(52)
Throw Alley-Oops - 70
Attempt Dunks - 50/54(51)
Play Passing Lanes - 42(50)/38(50)
Go for On-Ball Steals - 47(100)/53(100)
Contest Shots - 100
Backdoor Cuts - 15(45)/15

Fouls ** same unless listed otherwise
Over the Back Foul Frequency - 99/(100)
Charging Foul Frequency - 99(100)
Blocking Foul Frequency - 99(100)
Reaching Foul Frequency - 54(55)/51(60)
Shooting Foul Frequency - 30(65)/99(70) --> not enough cpu free throws originally, eliminates user foul cheese
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 99(100)

These Slider are on ps4 2k share and updated under my gamertag, amir-05-davis

Side Notes:

1. These Sliders are for experienced 2k players who want to play simulation basketball.
2. These Sliders are designed to bring out 2k17's new animations (tap rebounds, steals, etc..) without the "cheese" by the cpu.
3. The CPU will try to beat you! I cant stress enough the importance of game planning, matchups, subs, etc.. it will take a full mind and team effort to pull off multiple wins with this set.
4. a major problem with simulation 2k and sliders sets has been the amount of shots taken and points scored on both sides. This slider set combats that with 11 minute quarters, slower general pace of the game, yet still allows for ample amount of big time plays!
5. Your players and badges matter! trying to do things that players cant/dont do hasn't typically had a negative effect on their output. with these sliders player will play more like themselves, go hot and cold, and accumulate stats more towards their real life capabilities

** Last but definitely not least, These Sliders bring out real life defense and shot making capabilities. Ive stressed the fact that in basketball, "good defense should be rewarded, but not all the time." This means that if i play a good defensive possession and finish with a good contest, id like to see the chances of the cpu scoring going significantly down. *This does not mean it Disappears! The CPU will still hit plenty of buzzard beaters, contested shots, etc, but so will you! I think this aspect is what mostly defines the nba and whats lacking in 2k.

With that being said, enjoy! please feel free to leave any feedback, good or bad. Its the only way we as a community can find the set we're truly looking for!

Last edited by adavis2fly; 11-04-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: adavis2fly HOF "Real Feal" Slider Set

This a good slider set. Great job with these.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:07 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by labove22
This a good slider set. Great job with these.
Thanks, glad you like them!
Old 10-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
Pro

This is the best set I've played with so far. Everything just makes sense. the disparity between contested shots vs open shots. Superstars with dead eye, difficult shots and/or a high contested shot rating should be able to hit some tough contested shots. That's just the game of basketball.

Shooting percentages are great. If i shoot over 50 percent (51 percent vs the clippers in my okc MyLeauge), It should make sense right? Russ dominated Paul because the clips never made the adjustment to switch him off. Russ had 45 points all most on easy shots in the post. Normally when teams shoot high FG percentages they took very good shots. That's how it felt here.

I'll post the stats when i get home. I saved the to my ps4.

Got beat the suns by 10 and didn't even crack 100 points (93-83 on 45 percent shooting vs suns 40 percent). it was a very bad shooting night for both teams. I shot 13 percent (2-15 from deep and they shot 26 percent on threes 7-27). I'll keep you posted
Old 10-22-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
This is the best set I've played with so far. Everything just makes sense. the disparity between contested shots vs open shots. Superstars with dead eye, difficult shots and/or a high contested shot rating should be able to hit some tough contested shots. That's just the game of basketball.

Shooting percentages are great. If i shoot over 50 percent (51 percent vs the clippers in my okc MyLeauge), It should make sense right? Russ dominated Paul because the clips never made the adjustment to switch him off. Russ had 45 points all most on easy shots in the post. Normally when teams shoot high FG percentages they took very good shots. That's how it felt here.

I'll post the stats when i get home. I saved the to my ps4.

Got beat the suns by 10 and didn't even crack 100 points (93-83 on 45 percent shooting vs suns 40 percent). it was a very bad shooting night for both teams. I shot 13 percent (2-15 from deep and they shot 26 percent on threes 7-27). I'll keep you posted
Thanks! And please do keep me updated on the diversity of different games you play, that's something I've wanted to be a major focus in this set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 04:10 PM   #6
Pro

Here's some stats from 4 games i played last night. All different scores. Some i crack 100 some i don't and i love that. The 3 pointer isn't always on which is another thing i love. I'm getting so many different kinds of games from this set.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
Here's some stats from 4 games i played last night. All different scores. Some i crack 100 some i don't and i love that. The 3 pointer isn't always on which is another thing i love. I'm getting so many different kinds of games from this set.
Great numbers all around, glad your enjoying the set! I'll be looking throughout the week to make more updates, it's looking like user 3pt % may need a 1 point increase after seeing a few 15-20% games from behind the arc. FG and FT attempts looks great and that was a big focus so I'm glad they're pretty accurate for you. Keep me posted
Old 10-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #8
Rookie

I haven't tried these yet but they look like they're going to be great!! Will plug these in as soon as I get home from work tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »