Home

Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18

This is a discussion on Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18

It was translated in french so I will translate it again in english (maybe it was already posted in this case just lock it, thanks)

Quote:
« Ce que je leur ai dit, c’est que je ne pense pas que nous, en tant que joueurs, nous avons fait assez pour les anciens. Je leur ai dit : ‘Si vous voulez utiliser mon image, vous allez devoir donner de l’argent à l’association des anciens joueurs.’ Je ne veux pas un centime. J’ai eu la chance de gagner beaucoup d’argent mais les gars qui sont passés avant nous n’en ont pas gagné beaucoup. Il y a beaucoup d’anciens qui sont en difficulté financièrement et ont des soucis physiques, donc je leur ai dit ‘vous ne pouvez pas utiliser mon image à moins de donner de l’argent aux joueurs retraités.’ Ce qui serait juste selon moi, c’est s’ils donnaient un millions de dollars à l’association des joueurs, que cela aille pour une bonne cause, pour une assurance maladie ou ce genre de chose, de l’argent qui les aiderait. Dans ce cas je les laisserais utiliser mon image sur le champ. »
Quote:
« If you want to use my likeness in the game you will have to give money to the retired NBA players association. I don't want a cent. I was lucky enough to win a lot of money but some of the older guys didn't win as much or a lot. There are a lot of old retired players who are in tough financial situations with health issues so I told 2K they can't use my likeness unless you give thoses people money. What would be fair in my opinion is that they'd give a million to the association for insurances and stuff like that, something that would help them. In this case I would give them my authorization to use my likeness in the game. »

Last edited by Vni; 08-26-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Charles Barkley on why he isn't in 2K18

is Charles Barkley in the game worth a million dollars? Probably not. Doesn't look like he will ever be in the game unless they can negotiate something.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

It would be a good cause considering Barkley's reasoning and the amount of dollars NBA2k is likely bringing after all their expenses.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-26-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Seen this posted a lot lately. Is it fair to pay a million dollars for him and not pay 1 million dollars for other players ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

He should be asking the NBA to do that.

Matter of fact they just upped the money in the new CBA

Not sure what Barkley's issue is but at this point, give me a great CAP and i'll make him myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #6
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

To be fair, he's not asking for any money for himself, he's asking for it to be donated to the boneheads who burned through all their money earlier in their lives and are now going broke
Old 08-26-2017, 05:30 PM   #7
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
To be fair, he's not asking for any money for himself, he's asking for it to be donated to the boneheads who burned through all their money earlier in their lives and are now going broke
Oh I know : regardless it still could be seen as 2k paying a million dollars for him in the eyes of other players and in terms of business .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #8
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

He has mentioned it on Inside The NBA many times that 2K gives money to retired players fund (2mil) to join. 2K will never do it nor they should. As much as I would like to see Chuck in the game, it's not worth it for 2K to spend 2 mil on one guy. Only MJ is worth that because he will sell games. People who play 2K will play it with or without Chuck

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »