Home

Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

This is a discussion on Layups with no meter -Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

Figured I'd post this video from the Da Czar here since layups have been a bit of a hot topic.

https://youtu.be/4M_MMDcwj38

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

The best way to gauge layups now is from the vibration around the release time

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaBoial
The best way to gauge layups now is from the vibration around the release time

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Unless you prefer to not have your hand being massaged every time the ball touches the floor.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
Rookie

bottledwaterfan25's Arena

Layups are fine. Whiners will whine. Hold strong devs, dont give in to the complainers gameplay is fantastic out of the box this year!
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Old 09-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Figured I'd post this video from the Da Czar here since layups have been a bit of a hot topic.

https://youtu.be/4M_MMDcwj38

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is all fine and well, but it would still be very helpful to get feedback by the game as you do for jumpers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledwaterfan25
Layups are fine. Whiners will whine. Hold strong devs, dont give in to the complainers gameplay is fantastic out of the box this year!
Agreed. I play on default HOF and I am thinking about lowering my layup success. I wonder if too many people hold turbo too often when attacking the hoop. You can utilize angles and get some really cool animations if you don't hold turbo before finishing at the rim.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
No one is asking to change the mechanic (at least not here), simply to get visual aid during (like the Jumpshots) or at least Feedback afterwards so that you know when you are doing it badly (or well), especially considering that like with Jumpshots there are different releases/animations for each player on your team.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
layups are not fine. do not hold strong devs.

when you have a 90 layup on an 87 athletic finisher/post scorer. and you're alone. you blow the layup while releasing it when it (massages your hand..lol.) then there's a problem.

certain archetypes dont miss layups as much. Perimeter players / shot creators/ dont miss those same layups. i would know. i have the above big archetype and my small guy is a shot creator/athletic finisher.

it's just like the issue with some archetypes not dunking at all or barely dunking pre patch. it was broken for those people in those scenarios.

Bigs will make those same layups when its a putback king situation. since you get a putback king boost for getting the board and going back up quickly.

but again. the funny thing is, while I will blow layups all day long. I can dunk on 2 dudes that may be taller than me. as nice as that looks. and it does happen from time to time. I would rather make more alone layups and a miss a few more dunked ons(aka contact dunks). I'm dead serious about the realism for all archetypes. not just some builds.

lastly, I never cared for the shot bar anyway. i never use to look. now all of a sudden yall got me talking about "i got an all white..why didnt it turn green"? lol

you have no business constantly blowing layups with a guy that highly rated. i'm blowing them like a 3rd grade kid in his first basketball camp. its pathetic.It happens 60% of the time. the only reason I maintain a high fg% is because i rebound my misses and i get that putback king boost on the next try or i got back up for a dunk or dunk a lot(like i've stated above.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »