Home

Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #1
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0
Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

Dear all,

My first Madden was 1997 version, but I started actively playing from Madden 03 and started online from Madden 04.

I Play exclusively onine franchiseand on PS4. I never ever played a single MUT game (i never create any profile nor enter that miserable mode).

I wanted to talk about this year game version. We are often complaining and i have to say i have not been happy at all with past few versions of Madden.

I think I stopped playing Madden 19 after 3 months and Madden 18 after like 4. Game was simply not fun and gameplay was feeling horrible.

I have to say this year has been so far great and I wanted to say to EA and Tiburon that they got this one right.

I would to really mention the gameplay highlights
  • Passing game motion feel so nice. It is the best passing gaemplay ever. The throwing motion adjusting to the depth of the route is an amazing improvement.
  • Passing trajectories are very well balanced in the sense that you can do accurate pass and still (with right sldiers) it is not OP at all.
  • The Xfactors/superstar/rating changes are really good to make star players what they should be. I played a bit with broncos Harris in coverage was doing amazing stuff. It is so pleasant to see that in the game.
  • Overall the DB vs WR is really feeling great and balanced.
  • There is a huge effort which has been done on coverage mechanichs. The way IA players drop and switch coverage is really great. Lots of people complain because they dont understand the principles.
  • Man coverage appears realistic.
  • Running game feels smooth and still not OP.
  • The OL double team block is an amazing feature. Thank you. Overall i have not seen as many issues with Ol as i saw in the past.
  • Finaly we got a useful and effictive control for pump fakes
  • The playbook enhancement is really visible. The RPO implementation feels like a success.

We spend a lot of time complaining so I wanted to give credit for the avbove points. For me this year version is the obvious best gameplay version of this generation of console and i am not sure i played a better Madden game ever.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Re: Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

Nah, it is not.. it is decent game ever i playing. Franchise Mode is kinda boring and stale for awhile now.. Scenario Engine is awful.. Superstar X Factors Abilities are awesome.. gameplay feel great, fluid and smooth but coverage need tweak little more better.. Stats sometimes disappear like my defense player has 6 ints but he is not in defense league leader stats that pissing me off
Old 08-29-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

To me, it is without a doubt the best Madden of the PS4/XB1 generation.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-29-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

It's the best madden in recent memory. Idk about all time. But I would give it top 3.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 08-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

A lot of times people misconstrue "best ever" for "perfect."

Anyone who has played it knows that it's not perfect. For me though, it's probably the best ever. This is the first time I have ever put over 100 hours into a Madden game well before the season started and I still feel like I can't get enough of the game.

There's a lot of work to be done to tune the game up and fix bugs, but it's a great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

I miss the NFL2k series but have bought several Madden games since. I generally wait to buy the game after a few patches are released that fix the bugs and after the best rosters/draft classes are available, so I haven't bought Madden 20 yet.

My biggest gripe about Madden has always been the intelligence of the CPU. It never seems to run a WR past the first down marker on third down. Instead, when faced with third down and 7 for example, it will run a play where the WR only picks up 4 which kills the drive. This seems to happen several times a game. Also, the number of ridiculously long field goal attempts are also unrealistic. I can see trying a 60-yarder to win the game with seconds to go before the half or toward the end of the game but not several times during the game.

Have these issues been improved with Madden 20?
Old 08-29-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd say it's pretty high up there for Madden's sake. "Best ever" is definitely down to preference, then whatever competes against NFL2k5 and Madden nostalgia.

In terms of gameplay, as a base to work from, it's the best I've seen out of the box. The passing trajectories alone have greatly pushed the game forward.

There are still issues with clock management though, and still some strange physics. The addition of superstar abilities is a step in the right direction, and one cannot be surprised by the need to calibrate its effectiveness. It does bring an element of gameplanning and less mindless game management, so that's something to consider. I would also say the ratings the Madden team have determined are quite well executed, and represented in the gameplay.

Overall, quite happy with M20. I'd say Top 3 is not a stretch.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:37 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

No...........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »