Home

I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

This is a discussion on I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

Anyone else?

Yes there are a lot , I MEAN A LOT, of bugs and glitches but overall I find this game pretty fun.

Last Madden I seriously played was 17. 18 I played lightly and 19, well, first week I knew that game was garbage.

20 really felt great out of the box where the CPU played most closely to a human opponent (without cheesing). Late August update broke that (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ial-moves.html) but overall still enjoying the game and gameplay.

Graphically this is the best madden ever - sometimes I just watch the replays since its so beautiful!

So yes i bitch alot like everyone else about this series and we have the right to but they finally got it in the right direction with 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

Yup. This game is smoother than any madden in recent history. The controls are more responsive. I’m enjoying it.

I think one of the major changes that is really making a difference is the ball trajectory. It’s really quite different than any other madden. I’ve had a few times where I’m reading the wr going over the middle and knowing I can put it over the lb(s) lurking. U throw it and keep thinking, ‘oh no! That’s going to be an INT!’, but instead, it sails just over the lb into your wr’s waiting arms. Lol. It really changes how u play, how u gameplan, and opens up some other play options. And, just overall, it’s more realistic. So, that’s been a pleasant change.

The one glaring issue is one that’s been there since the dawn of madden. It’s the coverage. They did a great job adding different zones over the past 5 years, I’d say. But, it’s the actual coverage in those zones that’s the problem. They just don’t seem to be aware of WRs coming into their zone. They just don’t quite react to them UNTIL the ball is thrown. This is too late. The most recent title update claims to have sped up the time in which defenders react to the qb throwing motion, but again, this isn’t quite the problem. I’m hoping this helps the coverage, overall. But, again, it’s quite simply the defenders in a zone where they might only need to cover 1 receiver in the area, and they simply don’t choose to. If they could tighten that up, it’d be great.

I’m playing around with sliders quite a bit and feel like it’s helping creating a slightly better game, but that zone coverage just continues to be a sore spot.

But again, overall, yeah, I agree, this is the most enjoyable madden I’ve played in a decade. Lol. And, I really think they did a good job with the x-factors. Especially, for this game being the first attempt. The pass rushers are truly beasts and make a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

I’m loving it. Yes, it has issues, but it’s a video game. No sense in being miserable over it. Glad I came back to the franchise after 15 years away.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeap, I’m with you. I’m really enjoying it. Yes it has issues but so do most sports games. Probably my favorite in years. Also the, for me this years graphics are amazing in the One X. Plus, I am loving the cpu generates classes this year more then previous editions.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes, I'm having fun.. just like I did with 19 after a very long hiatus.

Can't wait for the 53 man roster update and next title update introducing the KR/PR SS traits so I can really dig into CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2019, 04:56 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes, this is my favorite Madden in quite a while. One of the very biggest things for me is that the player ratings seem to truly matter now.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

100%. Last year I couldn't play till mid-September because of the lighting bug. This year I have 140 hours in the game before the season has even started. I'm loving it. Deep into a franchise and having a blast.

As has been said, there's bugs and franchise is roughly the same as the past, but with some manual control things to make contracts more realistic franchise is fun. The gameplay is the biggest thing. Superstar/X-Factors are the biggest addition I can remember in Madden. They completely change the game and I love it. I'm terrified of the Chargers because I can't double both Ingram and Bosa and if I don't account for them they'll destroy me.

It's a very, very good game and I've been happy with the things they've put effort into patching so far. Looking forward to the full zone fix and the full hit stick fix.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

This game isn't fun h2h online mode. They let the games stay close even tho your opponent isnt as good as you. The Cowboys and Bears are glitch teams because of the ends rushing you constantly when u drop back to throw. You can run the same play over n over and again up to 5 yards if you know what your doing. Jeez I can only imagine what MUT h2h is like. Offline it's ok outside of the fumbles nothing really special about this game at all. I'm burned out on it. I just lost a 10 point lead h2d and Garapollo threw a miracle 70 yd pass to win the game at the last second. This game isnt good online at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »