Home

Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off?

This is a discussion on Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2021, 10:44 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off?

I've been toying around with sliders for Madden 21 since moving over to it recently after wanting something different from a modded Madden 20 experience. The game has played surprisingly well relative to.my expectations and I'm actually having some fun. I feel like I've nailed my sliders down everywhere except for two areas. One is penalties, but that doesn't look to be completely fixable. The other area is the CPU passing game.

Initially on All Madden I moved the accuracy slider down in the 26-36 area tinkering around with it in that range. I got overthrows, underthrows, and the likes, but it didn't feel like I got enough. I went drastic and lowered QB accuracy to 10 to see how it would play out. Since that change it seems every QB I play is going 20 of 24 passing, but for like 180 yards. I've played enough games with the change to where it doesn't appear to be simply a coincidence. It looks as if having the QBA slider that low makes the CPU QB always look to dump it off or pass the ball as quickly as possible even if there is no rum after catch possibility.

I tried to look around a bit, but didn't see anything pertaining to this discussion. Have others noticed this as well? Instead of the QB becoming more inaccurate, they've simply become captain check down and are getting the ball out within 2 seconds every play except for when Madden rears its ugly head and the QB drops back forever taking a 15 yard sack in the process.

I'm going to move the slider back up to the 26-36 range again and see if QBs start flinging the ball downfield some more missing throws and what not. I guess one sliver lining with the issue was the CPU QB was not forcing passes and throwing multiple picks everygame, but I think I can find a value that offers more balance. There's surely a value that in combination with the rest of my sliders results in throws downfield, but not 3 picks every game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #2
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lower QB Accuracy Slider Causes CPU to Constantly Dump Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I've been toying around with sliders for Madden 21 since moving over to it recently after wanting something different from a modded Madden 20 experience. The game has played surprisingly well relative to.my expectations and I'm actually having some fun. I feel like I've nailed my sliders down everywhere except for two areas. One is penalties, but that doesn't look to be completely fixable. The other area is the CPU passing game.

Initially on All Madden I moved the accuracy slider down in the 26-36 area tinkering around with it in that range. I got overthrows, underthrows, and the likes, but it didn't feel like I got enough. I went drastic and lowered QB accuracy to 10 to see how it would play out. Since that change it seems every QB I play is going 20 of 24 passing, but for like 180 yards. I've played enough games with the change to where it doesn't appear to be simply a coincidence. It looks as if having the QBA slider that low makes the CPU QB always look to dump it off or pass the ball as quickly as possible even if there is no rum after catch possibility.

I tried to look around a bit, but didn't see anything pertaining to this discussion. Have others noticed this as well? Instead of the QB becoming more inaccurate, they've simply become captain check down and are getting the ball out within 2 seconds every play except for when Madden rears its ugly head and the QB drops back forever taking a 15 yard sack in the process.

I'm going to move the slider back up to the 26-36 range again and see if QBs start flinging the ball downfield some more missing throws and what not. I guess one sliver lining with the issue was the CPU QB was not forcing passes and throwing multiple picks everygame, but I think I can find a value that offers more balance. There's surely a value that in combination with the rest of my sliders results in throws downfield, but not 3 picks every game.

I’ve always felt that way about the slider. It’s like the cpu qb doesn’t have confidence in throwing deeper passes so it just goes for the shorter easier completions. That’s why I always try to use slider sets with accuracy in the 40s opposed to it being shower low.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

I am getting decent results with 10 QBA for CPU and 25 Hum Interception playing on all madden. I also use some of Schnaidt1's QB edits. I edit each QB before I play my game each week. Sense pressure = Average, Force Passes = Ideal. Also move Carrying to 99 and Ball Carrier Vision to 99. This will eliminate the drop back glitch. You can still make the QB fumble. Change any 'pocket' type QB to 'Balanced'.

Also this year, just do not see the CPU QB take a lot of deep shots. But this setup will get you more mid range throws.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:45 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I think the CPU QB accuracy is like a throw window modifier for CPU qbs. The higher the rating the smaller window the QB will throw. Raising the speed parity scale also makes the CPU take deeper shots since faster players get more separation.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2021, 04:29 PM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think the CPU QB accuracy is like a throw window modifier for CPU qbs. The higher the rating the smaller window the QB will throw. Raising the speed parity scale also makes the CPU take deeper shots since faster players get more separation.

You want to lower Speed Parity, not raise it. Refer to the TE#1 thread.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2021, 05:34 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

Similar to a QB confidence slider which is how I've always valued it.

I don't really want to lower the threshold because with a low threshold it is absolutely impossible to balance the User run game. Even at 0 Run Blocking, with a lower threshold you'll average 6 yards per carry easily.

― Plato
Old 02-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #7
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
You want to lower Speed Parity, not raise it. Refer to the TE#1 thread.
I’ve personally never seen anything good from higher speed parity values. Seems like the cpu just stops throwing deep.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:42 AM   #8
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Played a few games earlier with speed parity at 25 instead of my normal 45 and I definitely noticed more deep balls throw. The game did feel a bit "muddier" though. Like the foot planting was more sluggish or less responsive. Also.. didn't notice much of a difference in actual player speeds. Interesting find though.. this opens the game up more for the CPU QB. I'll have to test more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »