Home

Operation Sports Zero Tolerance Policy Discussion

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Zero Tolerance Policy Discussion within the Steve's Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #17
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Operation Sports Zero Tolerance Policy Discussion

Honestly, I read the rules, I read this thread, and I have no idea what type of post will or won't lead to someone getting banned. The rules seem extremely vague and pretty much depend on what type of mood a mod is in on any given day.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
Honestly, I read the rules, I read this thread, and I have no idea what type of post will or won't lead to someone getting banned. The rules seem extremely vague and pretty much depend on what type of mood a mod is in on any given day.
The rules on trolling and agenda posting are always left to the mod's discretion. With that said, thousands of people find a way to post here each day without getting banned so apparently those people understand what they can and cant do.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #19
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I have to agree with the mods on this one. I've been here over 10 years and some forums (madden, NBA 2k) are just wastelands when those games out. Every other response/post in the 2k forum is "crew". I get it, they like the mode but it really takes away the "OS" feel of the forums.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Permabans are a bad idea in a lot of cases. Sure it may be the only thing that works with some people, but I have seen plenty of questionable bans on this site in my time here. One mod can be in a bad mood and have a hair-trigger on a certain day and ban someone for no real good reason. If you are going to start permabanning left and right the permabans should at least have a couple mods look over the situation before they are finalized. I don't like that one of these questionable bans means a poster is gone forever.

I know my opinion doesn't count for anything, but I just thought I would leave it here.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
Permabans are a bad idea in a lot of cases. Sure it may be the only thing that works with some people, but I have seen plenty of questionable bans on this site in my time here. One mod can be in a bad mood and have a hair-trigger on a certain day and ban someone for no real good reason. If you are going to start permabanning left and right the permabans should at least have a couple mods look over the situation before they are finalized. I don't like that one of these questionable bans means a poster is gone forever.

I know my opinion doesn't count for anything, but I just thought I would leave it here.

There are plenty of checks and balances and all bans are reviewed after the fact.

We are held accountable for anything we do.

What I will stress to anything who reads this though is DO NOT make another username. Contact Mill immediately and he will review it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

I've been a member of the OS staff for over a decade, a mod almost that same amount of time and an admin for about 3 years.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen someone get banned for "no good reason". The admins see and review every ban thats done. 99.9% of them are deserved and supported by the TOS.

There is no such thing as a hair trigger when it comes to this. If you violate the TOS...you violated the TOS and will get banned. Some people are a little more lenient and may ignore a violation. Some people like me are more strict and and rarely ignore violations. The way users can be safe is by NOT VIOLATING THE TOS when they post.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #23
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
There are plenty of checks and balances and all bans are reviewed after the fact.

We are held accountable for anything we do.

What I will stress to anything who reads this though is DO NOT make another username. Contact Mill immediately and he will review it.

That's good to know, I wasn't aware a system like that was in place.

Aholbert, I assumed you wouldn't agree what I posted. Just have to agree to disagree on that one, the hair-trigger is real.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
That's good to know, I wasn't aware a system like that was in place.

Aholbert, I assumed you wouldn't agree what I posted. Just have to agree to disagree on that one, the hair-trigger is real.
I'm just not seeing it. People always say stuff like this but never provide any support. Not just talking about you but if you see someone get banned and you think a mod is abusing his power, pm me or Mil. We will take a look at it and either reinstate the user or explain why we agree with ban.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Steve's Forum »