Home

Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam)

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam) within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 03:26 PM   #73
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Super Mega Baseball 2 Impressions (Xbox, PS4, Steam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
haven't done it myself, but I think you can split Ego into separate pitching/hitting/fielding ego's
You can, but increased pitching Ego would at least do three/four things, such as:

- Improve the AI's hitting logic/abilities
- Move your pitching reticle around a bit more
- Increase the speed that you have to hit your pitching target
- Decrease your overall pitching target area (like the bulls-eye is probably a more precise point)

But the first one is the important one there, because that is more like a CPU hitting Ego, one for which we can't really distinguish from the pitching difficulty in itself.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Having a lot of fun at ego 70-80 offline right now. I can get a decent number of hits, or I can strike out 10 times in a game - it all comes down to my "guessing" with the starting hitting cursor location and my timing. I just try to watch for the movement of the cursor post pitch, and if it moves a lot I'll typically take the pitch (because otherwise I risk poor/no contact). It's sometimes hard to realize when the cursor doesn't move at all - the telltale sign that I've guessed right and good timing should result in very solid contact.

Online ego seems to fluctuate based on your rating and wins-losses - my very first game was the same ego I had for offline at the time (80) and I got absolutely destroyed. It dropped a bit more each game, becoming gradually different from my offline setting. Right now it's in a range of 65-75 for all of my online games, even though I haven't changed my offline ego setting that low. My rating in PR is 1811 right now.

The head-to-head experience is really good in this game. And as a PC player there's no shortage of people to play against since I can cross-platform with both consoles.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
My obsession

Great work on these! Especially the Michigan State unis. Go Green!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Favorite Teams:
NFL: Detroit Lions
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
MLB: Detroit Tigers
NBA: Detroit Pistons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The head-to-head experience is really good in this game.
After saying that I've been disconnected 3 times in 4 games today. All as soon as I made contact with the ball, it counted a strike, the players froze and pretty soon I got a message saying I was disconnected. Twice vs cross-platform opponents and once vs another PC player (can tell because they have their Steam avatar shown)

Geez. What happened since Tuesday?

Last edited by bcruise; 05-02-2018 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #77
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

So guys I'm planning on making a team called the Nightmare (fight me Blitz the League) and I wanna get some intimidating *** names! I have a few in mind, but hit me with some if you have any!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 05-02-2018, 06:22 PM   #78
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I tried 99 just for kicks.

I wouldn't believe anyone that wins a game on 99. Not with an unedited team.

Back to reality, I upped my ego to 49 and that's been a nice challenge for me. Still find pitching too easy so I think it's time to up ego independently.

The graphics look really solid. Also very impressed with the player movement on the field, though there doesn't seem to be a lot of animations. Surprised there isn't a bare-handed grab and throw. Every play has the fielder pound the ball into the glove. Possible certain animations only exist for certain elite defensive players?

Has anyone seen an injury that isn't the pitcher getting rocked?
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 05-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #79
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3

I was very disappointed in this game after enjoying and seeing the potential in the first game. I'm glad I got this on Steam so that I could get a refund. The core gameplay on the field is fun, but I really really missed the team progression from the first game via staff assignments. In this game, your team can actually get worse as you are going up ego levels (due to injuries and players in a slump), so the game gets harder not just difficulty wise but from a pure ratings standpoint as well.

It's clear to me that the devs focused on the multiplayer mode for this release, since single player is actually worse than last year. I don't see the point of carrying stats between seasons if everything is just going to be the exact same as the previous year.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Has anyone seen an injury that isn't the pitcher getting rocked?
Not a visual one (like, one tied to an animation), but I have seen the injury notification slide in a few times after plays like slides or dives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »