Home

New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

This is a discussion on New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New Top Spin 4 Balancing Update

I'm seeing the benefits to the new patch - it's made Hard very competitive. I was killing everyone on Hard, so I didn't focus on getting XPs because I wanted to keep it as competitive as I could, then bumped up to Very Hard right around the time of the new patch and was getting murdered. Now, I'm back on Hard and mostly enjoying it, but since I don't really have many XPs and high ratings, I'm struggling in most matches but winning about half of them. It annoys me that the computer can hit angles I cannot, but whatever, it's mostly fun.

One area I have complaints about in the game is the overall career mode. I think starting off with crappy opponents got me into bad habits, then I started playing better ones and had to adjust. Then I was getting successful, and they changed the game up and made it harder. So it hasn't been a real level flow to my career - for good and bad.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't focused on getting too many XPs, so now I'm more or less screwed if I want to improve. Worse, because you have to overcome so many obstacles to be able to play Grand Slams, I ended up missing months at a time b/c I couldn't play them and didn't want to play any more minor tourneys. So, in the last 12 months, my ranking has plummeted from #10 to #36 even though I'm doing okay, I just didn't get any opportunities to win points for 4-5 months of the past 12. So now I'm stuck facing Federer or Nadal second round of every Grand Slam.

I'll get off my soapbox now. I find this game irritating as hell and fantastic all at once. It's giving me a fun, roller coaster career (fittingly, I created Gael Monfils), but I wonder at some point if I'll just snap and trade the game in out of frustration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 11

I think the game is great, I just can't serve. Or at least, the line judges seem to be on the take, because I swear I am nailing the line, and it looks like the hit right on the line and my opponent flys off the court to try and return it, but no, FAULT!! I finally understand McEnroe.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 AM   #27
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I need some help guys. I created a serve and volley CAP and reached level 20. Now that I am level 20, the first thing I want to do is create an offensive baseline CAP, how do I do that and have him be level 20? I know that once you have one player reach level 20, you can create another one and have them automatically become level 20, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I tried creating a new guy, but he is level 0 and I can't see how to make him level 20.

An idea:

1. Does it matter if I create the new CAP within the Career mode or not? For example, from the main menu there is a creation zone, if I want a guy to automatically be level 20 instead of having to take him through the career mode to get there do I have to make him in the creation zone or does it matter?

Thanks for the help if anyone knows the answer!

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

When u go to CAP there is an option at the end to do a quick cap or something. Then u just go to him and put in ur points from there.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #29
MVP

oldman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
When u go to CAP there is an option at the end to do a quick cap or something. Then u just go to him and put in ur points from there.
For some reason it is giving me no such option. I am not really sure were else to look.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #30
MVP

oldman's Arena

Is the ability to make a quick CAP based on your main being level 20, or is it based on your main being maxed out as far as legend mode status in career mode?

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:19 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game is very frustrating now. Aces are virtually impossible to serve and I was barely able to get a few per match. Now its a miracle if I get just ONE! But the main problem I have is how HARD seems easy and I can beat every player I play (this is all offline), but just bumping it up to VERY HARD makes it impossible to play! Suddenly my timing is garbage, I hit errors left and right, and the CPU goes from hitting returnable shots in HARD to hitting angles and placements I BARELY have enough time to get to leaving the court wide open for a winner in VERY HARD.

I'm playing with Chang vs Wozniacki and if I focus and play hard, I can hold her to 0-1 points on HARD. On VERY HARD she hits shots that land just over the net, hits slices that land right on my toes and also come at me FAST so i cant get a good shot back, and is just generally a totally different player! How can that be? How can they go from beatable 10 out of 10 times to be beatable 1 out of 10 times with just one step up?! It's bull crap!

I like playing because I can win but I hate the zero challenge. But going up just one level makes it impossible to win so where's the fun now? Gone, that's where!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I need some help guys. I created a serve and volley CAP and reached level 20. Now that I am level 20, the first thing I want to do is create an offensive baseline CAP, how do I do that and have him be level 20? I know that once you have one player reach level 20, you can create another one and have them automatically become level 20, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. I tried creating a new guy, but he is level 0 and I can't see how to make him level 20.

An idea:

1. Does it matter if I create the new CAP within the Career mode or not? For example, from the main menu there is a creation zone, if I want a guy to automatically be level 20 instead of having to take him through the career mode to get there do I have to make him in the creation zone or does it matter?

Thanks for the help if anyone knows the answer!
Once you have a lvl 20 created player,you need to youse that player in a quick match agianst a cpu player. after you finish that match youl unlock the thing that lets you creat lvl 20 players. when you creat a new player a option will pop up asking if you want the 50k exp. if you select yes when you go to my player you can put points where you want them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »