Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #41
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

Player Statistics Centre Court - Gentlemen's Singles - Finals
Rafael Nadal ESP (1) 4 1 6 3
Match Completed

Novak Djokovic SRB (2) 6 6 1 6
Match Statistics Serve Statistics

Match Summary

Nadal (ESP) Djokovic (SRB)

Aces 5 7

Double Faults 1 1

Unforced Errors 15 12

Winners 21 27

Net Approaches 6 of 9 = 67 % 19 of 26 = 73 %

Fastest Serve Speed 126 MPH 126 MPH

Average 1st Serve Speed 118 MPH 117 MPH

Average 2nd Serve Speed 89 MPH 93 MPH

I figured since the alot of talk was about net approaches why not look at the stats. 33 total games were played and Nadal approached only 9 times and Djokovic 26 in the Final. I didnt watch the whole match, but is this a result of Djokovic not allowing Nadal to get to the net?

I think the P.R.O. logic of the A.I does not recognize the player, but responds to the shots it is making, i.e. if it keeps hitting deep shots on you and is got you running all over the place it will charge the net. I have noticed that I can keep the Cpu off of the net alot of times, but then I make a few bad shots off balance or not deep enough and the CPU takes advantage and gets me running around for a few rallies then charges the net.

The unforced errors are done well in the demo imo.

Last edited by The Bimmer; 01-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

I absolutely love it!

Like someone said the more you play it the better it gets.

Its not crazy Arcade fast like the VT series and its not as slow as Top Spin. I think the pace is perfect and its a smart move as it will appeal to the masses.

Unforced errors are a lot more common than the TS and the presentation is perfect.

I am leaning towards getting this, it really is a lot of fun!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #43
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I really enjoyed the demo as well and like the blend of sim and arcade. I don't want it completely sim as that can suck the fun factor out of it and it is a game after all. The presentation is well done and the commentary added to the tv style. Sure movements of the players are a bit exaggerated but I had fun with it and look forward to the final product.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #44
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3

No lie!! This has to be one of the best sports games that I have ever played. Outside of NBA 2k11 and Fifa 12 this game comes a close third. I love the feel of the total racquet control. And this game is very challenging even of pro. I mean the AI will adapt to you and find a way to get the upper hand.

I actually had the demo for over 2 weeks because it was in the marketplace. Then it was removed, so I got lucky!! I also love the commentary with Pat Cash and Johnny Mac. And having a chance to play Wimbledon and a 10 year career plus playing online tourneys. Now I can just hope to play 128 player tourneys.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Presentation, graphics, sound and commentary are great... So much better than Tops Spin 4

I´m very disappointed with the gameplay though. It´s way too fast and too arcady, and the AI goes to the net way to often.....

I wish I could blend the graphics, sound etc with the gameplay-style of Top Spin 4. Then It would bee the perfect tennisgame. Anyone knows how to do that? Please?

I´m not sure if I will buy the final product. I´m really not convinced yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2012, 02:47 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm glad to hear you guys are getting unforced errors. Not all tennis points end with winners and previous games seem to have a difficult time reflecting that when it comes to UEs
Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only unforced errors i've seen are balls hit into the net, not seen one single shot go out, even at full power and aiming it out which is a bit worrying.

Hope that the ball boys actually move in the retail version instead of standing/sitting there like statues.

Really like everything else though. Nice commentary, some player specific lines would be nice. Would be great if in the espn classic games if mac and cash talked about the players like they do in nba2k12 legends! Imagine Mac talking about himself in Borg vs McEnroe!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was really looking forward to this game but this game is no good. This game doesn't even feel like tennis. My biggest issues are:
  • AI attacks the net way too much. These players rarely do so.
  • Slice doesn't behave like a slice and animation for it is completely wrong.
  • Nadal and Djokovic don't hit one handed backhands unless they slice.
  • Ridiculously fast returns no matter how well you serve.
  • You're always able to pull off good hard shots even while on the run
  • AI is very predictable it never hits behind you.

Even if it is going for an arcade feel these issues are too big for me to overlook as it severely hampers tennis strategies and incorrectly represents the sport.

Last edited by ripper9100; 01-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »