Home

Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #49
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

I liked this game quite a bit... then again I'm not really a tennis player which is why. I may try to grab this when the price goes down.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #50
Rookie

toine2983's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2 Demo Available Now, Trailer Included - Post Your Impressions

Finally got a chance to play the demo and I really enjoyed it.

TRC is a nice addition but it felt restrictive at times in terms of where I wanted to place my shots. Switched to the face buttons and felt more comfortable.

The game feels a bit faster compared to TS4 but other than that it plays similar.

I'm no tennis aficiando by any means, but I loved TS4 so I will probably pick this up eventually.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #51
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

I am convinced after playing this demo for about 2 hours that it will be a purchase for me. I can definitely say for sure there are tons of unforced errors in this game.

I just finished a match and finally won against Nadal (4-2) on Pro and there were 13 unforced errors total. 8 by Nadal and 5 for me. Most were wide errors and a some into the net. There are 2 kinds of errors that I am not seeing though.

1. No service faults by the CPU
2. Errors that go long, I think I have seen 2 so far.

Even the commentary remarked about the errors.

If they can tighten the movement a notch this will be a great game imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #52
MVP

How do you aim with joystick? Game is significantly easier with the buttons!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #53
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
How do you aim with joystick? Game is significantly easier with the buttons!
I use the buttons most of the time. There is one thing similar to TS4 that I like is loading up the shot (holding down button for power). At first I was trying to get full power on everyshot, but if you mix up the speed of the shots you can keep the Cpu off of the net.

I will agree they still charge the net more then I would like, but maybe it is because of the grass surface? Maybe the P.R.O logic stratagey is set for the Cpu at Wimbedon to charge the net as soon as there is an opening? I know my goal is to get to the net ASAP.

If the final game has the Cpu throw in some first service faults and maybe a double fault here and there and add a little more unforced errors that go long, this game will get some serious recreation time from me.

Last edited by The Bimmer; 01-12-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Amazon is offering a $10 credit if you pre-order the game, if anybody is interested
Old 01-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #55
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I haven't bought a tennis game at all this console generation, and I'm getting my butt kicked in the demo ... but I'm loving it! I've been waiting for a game to come out to convince me to pick up a PS Move, and if the Move controls translate as well as the Dual Shock does, this may just be the game to get for me!

EDIT: I went and downloaded the Top Spin 4 demo, and I like the gameplay in that title more. Like others have stated, in GST 2, it seems as if the players skate around the court. It reminded me of NBA 2K12, an aspect I hate the most about that particular game. I definitely want to get a tennis game for a change of place, but at this point, I'm leaning more towards TS4.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 01-22-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 14

I've read where some of you guys are getting alot of unforced errors but I haven't seen this yet maybe need a little more play time from me. I have been trying to hit the ball out but cannot. Hopefully the final released game will have some sliders to tweak to our liking.

I read where you can create players and share them online but can you put them in your game to play against? If so this would be huge for me and alot more replay value.

Last edited by MissionMaximus; 01-15-2012 at 05:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »