Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #9337
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Found this video pretty interesting.

They missed the best one, Tye Dillinger.

Old 11-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #9338
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

They said famous.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:30 PM   #9339

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
There have been various attempts before to unionize, Ventura tried to do it with various talent in the 80s but Hogan's bitch *** snitched him out to Vince and there was a lawsuit a couple of years ago challenging the independent contracter status but went nowhere.
Was it an actual lawsuit from people within WWE itself though?

And there might have been attempts in the past, but this time could be different if we see a major organization like UFC doing it. All other major pro sports leagues have a players association, and if UFC gets a union too, wonder if there could eventually be something ever happening in WWE about it. WWE isn't a sports league, but UFC would be the closest thing to WWE in terms of all things that have any kind of union.

All it'd take is some of the bigger name guys to step up and something could happen. What would WWE do if lets say Cena is one of the main people behind trying to get it to happen?
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #9340
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Was it an actual lawsuit from people within WWE itself though?

And there might have been attempts in the past, but this time could be different if we see a major organization like UFC doing it. All other major pro sports leagues have a players association, and if UFC gets a union too, wonder if there could eventually be something ever happening in WWE about it. WWE isn't a sports league, but UFC would be the closest thing to WWE in terms of all things that have any kind of union.

All it'd take is some of the bigger name guys to step up and something could happen. What would WWE do if lets say Cena is one of the main people behind trying to get it to happen?
I think it was Raven that tried to challenge the independent contractor stuff, but waited to long to file and it was outside the statute of limitations.

I don't think a union will ever happen in WWE because it's such a political atmosphere. If Cena tried to make it happen they'd erase him from their history and plug the next guy in his spot and there will always be someone willing to sell out the chance at being unionized for an opportunity at the Cena spot. Plus it's almost cult like the way they try to create an atmosphere where you can get the reputation that you don't really love the business if you try and maximize your earning power
Old 11-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #9341
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think it was Raven that tried to challenge the independent contractor stuff, but waited to long to file and it was outside the statute of limitations.

I don't think a union will ever happen in WWE because it's such a political atmosphere. If Cena tried to make it happen they'd erase him from their history and plug the next guy in his spot and there will always be someone willing to sell out the chance at being unionized for an opportunity at the Cena spot. Plus it's almost cult like the way they try to create an atmosphere where you can get the reputation that you don't really love the business if you try and maximize your earning power
I was coming to post about this. The 2 plaintiffs were Raven and Chris Kanyon. The whole complaint can be read here: http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/uploads/file/wwe.pdf

Also there is so much more than a handful of people that say they are in favor of it. To be recognized by the National Labor Relations Board you need to have a minimum of 30% of the organization to be in favor of a union.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 11-29-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #9342
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I was coming to post about this. The 2 plaintiffs were Raven and Chris Kanyon. The whole complaint can be read here: http://www.ctemploymentlawblog.com/uploads/file/wwe.pdf

Also there is so much more than a handful of people that say they are in favor of it. To be recognized by the National Labor Relations Board you need to have a minimum of 30% of the organization to be in favor of a union.
Question for clarification: So if the WWE wrestlers/on air talent want to unionize, 30% of all WWE employees must support it?
Old 11-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #9343
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Question for clarification: So if the WWE wrestlers/on air talent want to unionize, 30% of all WWE employees must support it?
I think it's on air talent/wrestlers.

Last edited by redsox4evur; 11-29-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #9344
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Have you guys noticed they seem to be pushing the PG envelope a bit lately?

Dick jokes with Enzo, Becky calling Alexa a bitch. Haven't heard that in a while. And Ambrose calling AJ a bastard. I think I've seen a few more things recently as well. I like it personally.

I have to say my favorite use of the word bastard was when Big Boss Man said to Big Show, "You're a nasty bastard and your momma said so." lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »