Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #9417
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: WWE Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Hate me if you want, but I feel that if WWE keeps trying to get the women on par with the men as far as gimmick matches (ladder especially) they are going to wreck their women's division, just by mere biology unless they want to do an old school (pre-E/C vs. Hardyz) ladder match.
I don't hate, but disagree. I think they've done a phenomenal job with the Hell in a Cell, Tables, and Falls Count Anywhere matches that they've recently done.

As far as the RR, for me it's as simple as they don't have the quality depth or good workers to make it entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-10-2016, 02:58 PM   #9418
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't hate, but disagree. I think they've done a phenomenal job with the Hell in a Cell, Tables, and Falls Count Anywhere matches that they've recently done.

As far as the RR, for me it's as simple as they don't have the quality depth or good workers to make it entertaining.

Exactamundo. They have like 5 (Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Charlotte, Asuka) above average workers.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #9419
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:

All of those matches such as HIAC, Cage, Tables, etc the gimmick is not in the match as much as a ladder in a ladder match. People get hit by a ladder or fall on a ladder more than, per se', taking shots into the cell or tables. The cell and tables are far more forgiveable as well. If you get Sasha backdropping Becky off of a ladder through another ladder I guarantee you are going to start seeing the injuries pop up. Not to mention, even though they want to be equal, the fact of the matter is the women's roster isn't as strong as the men's nor is women wrestling as popular as the mens, hence why the men's roster is larger. A hit to a top star in the women's division hurts more than a top star in the men's division.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #9420
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

WWE fires Managing Lead Writer, Tom Casiello.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #9421
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It would be easy for most within the IWC to say good riddance, the writing lately has been terrible, storylines terrible, etc. I think most fans have been saying for a while that they needed new writers, and they needed to get rid of the soap opera writers(which apparently Tom was) and hire writers who know how to write a wrestling show. Maybe firing Tom will help and whoever replaces him will do a better job, and the product on screen will improve. Maybe it won't, but something needs to be done from a creative standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #9422
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
It would be easy for most within the IWC to say good riddance, the writing lately has been terrible, storylines terrible, etc. I think most fans have been saying for a while that they needed new writers, and they needed to get rid of the soap opera writers(which apparently Tom was) and hire writers who know how to write a wrestling show. Maybe firing Tom will help and whoever replaces him will do a better job, and the product on screen will improve. Maybe it won't, but something needs to be done from a creative standpoint.
Let the superstars go back to shooting from the hip on the promos. That would be a good start.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 12-10-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:51 PM   #9423
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I remember "back in the day" watching Prime Time Wrestling on Tuesday and WCW Saturday Night. I think that really qualifies as "back in the day." ha
Old 12-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #9424
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Hate me if you want, but I feel that if WWE keeps trying to get the women on par with the men as far as gimmick matches (ladder especially) they are going to wreck their women's division, just by mere biology unless they want to do an old school (pre-E/C vs. Hardyz) ladder match.

Just by mere biology? What does this mean? Men and women don't have to have the same type of matches. But there are ways to get the same excitement and holy **** moments out of them. Like what spots can't a woman do without the proper setup?

Quote:

On the RR, good working, roster depth never been relevant in a rumble match. It's all about the 2-6 guys they need to put on the show. The other 25 guys are just there to buy time for the finish and sprinkle in some cute spots here and there. The rumble has always been a cluster ****, full of wrestling cliches. But the returns and debuts are always nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »