Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #10833
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: WWE Off-Topic

And that would be a pain in the *** to keep up with. Who the **** cares if Dana Brooke or Curtis Axel are FAs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #10834
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
After tonight's RAW I have to pose this question. Obviously in this era of it's cool to cheer the bad guy, it's hard for any heel to get real heat. Now take what happened with what most people figured would turn into the female John Cena. Bayley is loved by the little girls, she is likable, no way they could ever turn her heel, etc. Yet she was booed during an interview about a real injury.

At what point is it considered the fans booing someone because it's real heat and they are getting over the way WWE wanted. Compared to booing because the writing is bad or booing because they hate the creative direction of a storyline or superstar getting a major push(a la Roman Reigns)?
They've got a lot of different things contributing to people not getting the reactions they want. First of all, heels seem to be the only people allowed to have any personality. Then you add in the fact that a lot of the heels are trying to be funny , which normally wouldn't be a huge deal but when you're up against a bland babyface they can't overcome that. I mean, what is Sasha's gimmick, that she says she's the boss? It's no wonder Bliss gets a better reaction.

As for Bayley, she was the lovable underdog and then she won the NXT and Raw titles, at some point you have to ditch the underdog stuff and progress to the next level. You can't just be the underdog forever
Old 08-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #10835
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
WWE Off-Topic

It also doesn't help Bayley that they cut Sasha Banks off at the knees when the WWE crowds were salivating for her to be on top so that they could hotshot Bayley into girl Cena. As long as they continue to try to force round pegs into square holes in their desperate attempts to make themselves a new Austin or Rock, they're going to continue to ruin people that actually have the potential to one day organically become at least something close to that. You'd think they'd have learned that lesson all the way back with Batista and Randy Orton.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #10836

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
And that would be a pain in the *** to keep up with. Who the **** cares if Dana Brooke or Curtis Axel are FAs?

It'd be like signing a player to practice squad, or st invite.

The big ones would be like a Cena or Reigns being a FA. Like if Reigns is a FA, he demands a 1 on 1 title shot at a ppv of his choosing if he agrees to sign with a certain brand.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #10837
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
It'd be like signing a player to practice squad, or st invite.

The big ones would be like a Cena or Reigns being a FA. Like if Reigns is a FA, he demands a 1 on 1 title shot at a ppv of his choosing if he agrees to sign with a certain brand.
Nah, man. That's too much and unnecessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-09-2017, 05:02 AM   #10838
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

We don't watch wrestling for it to be like sports. We watch sports for that.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #10839
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Ronda Rousey gained superstar status for her dominance in mixed martial arts, and for her looks, and she parlayed both into acting jobs. With her UFC career appearing to be over, it makes sense that Rousey, who has already appeared in the ring at a 2015 WrestleMania event, might look into a stint with the WWE.

That could be exactly the plan for the former UFC champion and Olympic judo bronze medalist, as a website devoted to MMA and wrestling recently reported that Rousey has gone “as far as to learn some of the basics” of pro wrestling. According to Fightful.com, which cited WWE sources, the company “referred Rousey … to current superstar Brian Kendrick for training purposes in Southern California.”

Rousey, who has been known as a major fan of pro wrestling, was spotted speaking with WWE executive Triple H at a taping for the Mae Young Classic, the company’s all-female tournament. She was ostensibly on hand to cheer for her friend Shayna Baszler, a former UFC fighter competing in the tournament, but her presence sparked renewed speculation that she herself might be close to joining the action.

“There was also buzz backstage at the tournament — mainly among WWE employees and contractors — that Rousey’s training would start soon,” Fightful reported. “She’s taken some basic bumps among other things thus far.”

Adding to the drumbeat, WWE announcer Jim Ross said last week that he thought it was “inevitable” that Rousey would be “a big star” for his company. “I see her in a WrestleMania someday,” he told TMZ Sports. “It’s too great an opportunity for her to pass up and WWE to pass up — it’s a match made in heaven.”

Rousey herself has said in the past that she would “love to have the chance to be the Divas world champion,” referring to the WWE’s female wrestlers. She has most recently been seen on ABC’s “Battle of the Network Stars,” but a spate of WWE-centric Twitter follows in June had some wondering if she might turn up at SummerSlam later this month.

There has long been crossover between pro wrestling and MMA, and we recently saw Jon Jones, shortly before winning the UFC light heavyweight crown, call out WWE star and former UFC heavyweight king Brock Lesnar. In addition, UFC featherweight champ Cris “Cyborg” Justino has been carrying on a public feud with WWE star Becky Lynch and calling for their own SummerSlam showdown.

UFC fans never got a chance to see Rousey square off with Cyborg, a longtime antagonist, in the Octagon, but could it happen in a WWE ring? Perhaps, but in any case, signs are increasingly pointing to Rousey making more than cameo appearances at pro wrestling events.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...omepage%2Fcard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #10840
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Man, I'm so over Rousey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo