Home

WWE Off-Topic

This is a discussion on WWE Off-Topic within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2021, 08:05 PM   #18473

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE Off-Topic

For sure people left. It literally happens at every event. Look at sports. Tie game, 9th inning, and you're still seeing some people leave, whether it be to beat traffic or because it's late.

Doesn't mean its 1500 people, maybe it was 15, maybe it was 50.

Also, it's a promo that had a commercial break right before it started. I'd imagine many who got up went to the bathroom or to get food. Just because someone leaves their seat doesn't mean they're leaving the arena. You can still hear the promo on the concourse.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-21-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:54 PM   #18474

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Also, are we blaming the segment for that, cause I mean I nearly left during Smackdown, but it had nothing to do with the segments, it was just late and I'm an old man.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:04 PM   #18475

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Also, are we blaming the segment for that, cause I mean I nearly left during Smackdown, but it had nothing to do with the segments, it was just late and I'm an old man.
SD imo is better in the sense that it's a 2 hour show, on a Friday, ending at 10pm ET (which could be as early as 7pm local time).

Raw, being a 3 hour show on a Monday that could end as late as 11pm local time, people definitely would find it more of a chore to tune in for in person. You're probably not getting home until around midnight, probably needing to wake up by 6-7am.

NBA and NHL games usually end around 9:30-10pm local time, MLB games end after 10pm local time during the week which has been an issue for Manfred for years.

So you could understand big picture why an 8-11pm show could be more taxing on the average person.

I wonder what a 7-10pm show would be like for them. Would more people tune in from 7-8 vs 10-11, and would fans be more invested close to 10pm compared to 11pm?

Sure, west coast shows, they'd prefer 8pm local time endings to a show vs a 4-7 show, but the Eastern Time Zone is typically the one everyone caters to, but TV rating wise, I think 7-10 would be better.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-21-2021 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2021, 10:28 PM   #18476
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
SD imo is better in the sense that it's a 2 hour show, on a Friday, ending at 10pm ET (which could be as early as 7pm local time).

Raw, being a 3 hour show on a Monday that could end as late as 11pm local time, people definitely would find it more of a chore to tune in for in person. You're probably not getting home until around midnight, probably needing to wake up by 6-7am.

NBA and NHL games usually end around 9:30-10pm local time, MLB games end after 10pm local time during the week which has been an issue for Manfred for years.

So you could understand big picture why an 8-11pm show could be more taxing on the average person.

I wonder what a 7-10pm show would be like for them. Would more people tune in from 7-8 vs 10-11, and would fans be more invested close to 10pm compared to 11pm?

Sure, west coast shows, they'd prefer 8pm local time endings to a show vs a 4-7 show, but the Eastern Time Zone is typically the one everyone caters to, but TV rating wise, I think 7-10 would be better.
That's a good idea especially during football season. Right now you lose all the football fans the entire show. At least that first hour you can gain a decent ratings boost before football

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Old 09-21-2021, 10:33 PM   #18477

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
That's a good idea especially during football season. Right now you lose all the football fans the entire show. At least that first hour you can gain a decent ratings boost before football

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
I think it has to be fulltime though. Can't keep changing show hours every few months.

7-10 permanently would be better.

Sure, you're going up against sports the entire show, but how many people are like "Great, the game is over, now I'll tune into Raw live halfway into the show!"

I know we shouldn't care much about ratings, but hour 3 I believe often gets the lowest ratings of the show. So clearly less people watch the end than the beginning.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:07 AM   #18478
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Dark Side of the Ring on Kanyon was...good?

I don't really want to say "good" because it's a sad story about a guy who was so tormented that he eventually succumbed to it, but Kanyon doesn't get talked about much. It was nice in the sense that at least some of his story was told, both the negative personal aspects and the positive thoughts from those that worked with him.

Next week is FMW.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:32 AM   #18479
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Man, I always liked Kanyon. His whole, "who better than Kanyon" cracked me up every time.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #18480
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Guess we'll see if anyone picks this up.

‘American Gladiators’ Set To Return With MGM Teaming Up With WWE For Reboot Of Classic Competition Series

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: American Gladiators, the classic competition series that originally premiered in 1989, is taking another shot at the obstacle course.

Deadline understands that MGM has teamed up with WWE for a reimagined version of the non-scripted series that will feature a slew of WWE wrestling superstars.

Mark Burnett and his team are currently pitching the rebooted series, which is based on the format created by Johnny Ferraro and Dan Carr, to broadcasters and platforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »