Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #8321
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: WWE Network Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
I’m not the one that can’t tell the difference between RA and AE *

But I’m sure once you get all your angrys out you’ll be fine. Look forward to your next post in another month or so

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

No angrys here. I’m not the one who said something foolish. RA started in 2002 but I guess I’m the one misremembering all the guys I listed winning the title before then or the TLC matches or everything else but hey, keep deflecting. Like the great George Costanza once said, it’s not a lie if you believe it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 04:42 PM   #8322
All Star

OVR: 2

Lol whose deflecting. Standing by my statement. I’m not the one who got bent out of shape and insulting. That was you my man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #8323
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think the Rock, Austin, McMahon, DX did their best work in the RA era because they were either not in that era, or they were in for maybe a year or so. And let's not act like the 2006 version of DX was better than the AE.

Secondly, don't discount commentary. I wish we had the technology to dub over today's Michael Cole commentary with AE stuff and see how psychological it is. I compare it to a laughing track on a sitcom. Try watching a sitcom without a laughing track. It's not as funny.

2000 is my favorite year minus the Golden Era stuff. I think it encapsulates the AE the best. You had technicians like Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero. Brawlers like Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw, Test. Tag Teams like Edge and Christian, Hardys, Dudleys, and yes...…….Right to Censor.

And while 50% was over the top, I would say that in 2000 50% were also good matches. It was the perfect combination of what fans were looking for.

That's just my opinion. Like I've said before, I need more than a high spot fest and a shock face after countless 2 counts to get me intrigued. I'd rather take a headlock, hammerlock, abdominal stretch fest.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 06-20-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #8324

dubcity's Arena

I feel like Mercury is building up to saying that he thinks today's WWE is better than the AE lol. He'll get to that point eventually I'm sure.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #8325

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I
2000 is my favorite year minus the Golden Era stuff. I think it encapsulates the AE the best. You had technicians like Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero. Brawlers like Hardcore Holly, Bradshaw, Test. Tag Teams like Edge and Christian, Hardys, Dudleys, and yes...…….Right to Censor.
It's funny, to me 2000-2001 are almost separate from the AE. I know it's agreed upon that it's all the way to 2002, and it's obviously not up for me to decide, but I really think of the Russo era as the Attitude Era. To me it's like mid 1996 through when Russo left in late 1999. Even though Wrestlemania 2000 is arguably the most Russo WM ever, and represents all the good and bad of that era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 09:27 PM   #8326
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It's funny, to me 2000-2001 are almost separate from the AE. I know it's agreed upon that it's all the way to 2002, and it's obviously not up for me to decide, but I really think of the Russo era as the Attitude Era. To me it's like mid 1996 through when Russo left in late 1999. Even though Wrestlemania 2000 is arguably the most Russo WM ever, and represents all the good and bad of that era.
I know that up until about WM 2000 is how much Russo had written before he left. How much they used is another story.

To me, I go be WM when determining eras. AE definitely left the building after WM 17 (2001). I remember watching the RAW after WM 17 and it just felt different. No more Rock (full-time), no more WCW, Austin was a heel with McMahon. Definitely the start of the RA era to me. WWE (with how it is portrayed in WWE 2k14) agrees.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #8327

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I'd say WM14-WM17 was AE
Rest of 01 was Invasion Era
02-07 was RA era

From there it's harder to say.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 PM   #8328
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, I kinda think the same here. I know the "official" end is WMX7, but 2000-2002 WWE is this weird transition where it's Attitude Era guys but they're not really AE-style shows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »