Home

WWE Network Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Network Discussion Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #97
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: WWE's Big Announcement

Awesome deal. The classic library and the monthly ppv more than justifies the $10 a month. Day one subscription for me
Old 01-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #98
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
I wonder if they'll really have every PPV on there. I knew they were going to finally let up on the Benoit stuff with this, but I'll be absolutely shocked if Over the Edge is on there.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Over the Edge is on there unless it's heavily edited.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:34 PM   #99
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

The real countdown number is 2. The number of PPVs left that I will stream.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:48 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 0

That noise you just heard was me alternating between, "YES!" chants and "THIS. IS. AWE-SOME!" upon finding out that the PPVs are included at no extra cost.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #101
Rookie

JRoZe410's Arena

OVR: 1

This is gonna be so fu**ing sweet to be able to get all the ppv for pretty much 120 a year and to be able to watch all old PPVs.I can't wait to watch me some WCW Nitro, WCW War Games, ECW, and all of it.Only thing im bumbed about is Xbox One won't have it til Summer, but its on 360 right away which I don't get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #102
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

Man, I'm so pumped to watch the old Mania's.

This will be the thing to basically get me back completely into wrestling again. Can't wait.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #103
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4

As a 21 year old wrestling fan, wasnt really allowed to watch wrestling growing up (had to sneak watch in my room), and didnt truly start following til 2004. Getting to watch all of the Attitude Era stuff I missed, in all of its uncensored glory, is going to be excellent. Not only that, but I finally get to watch all the episodes of ECW, WCW, and maybe NWA. That, plus the ppv's, and for this price? Waiting for the other shoe to drop!

I just wonder, if WWE turns a profit on this, I think they can make 200+ million/ yr with only 2 million subscribers, would they ever air Raw and Smackdown live on the Network? They only get about 20% of ppv revenue, so they are going to get a lot more through this. And the network looks slick as well, just counting down the days until Feb. 24
Go Mets
Go Michigan
Go Arizona

Find me on Twitter @buffalochipster
and on Facebook.com/buffalo92
Old 01-09-2014, 01:56 AM   #104
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonchipster
As a 21 year old wrestling fan, wasnt really allowed to watch wrestling growing up (had to sneak watch in my room), and didnt truly start following til 2004. Getting to watch all of the Attitude Era stuff I missed, in all of its uncensored glory, is going to be excellent. Not only that, but I finally get to watch all the episodes of ECW, WCW, and maybe NWA. That, plus the ppv's, and for this price? Waiting for the other shoe to drop!

I just wonder, if WWE turns a profit on this, I think they can make 200+ million/ yr with only 2 million subscribers, would they ever air Raw and Smackdown live on the Network? They only get about 20% of ppv revenue, so they are going to get a lot more through this. And the network looks slick as well, just counting down the days until Feb. 24
I'm in the same boat as you as dealing with wrestling (literally the exact same story, sneaking and starting in 2004.)

I think the money will be made up in the lesser PPVs, where people don't buy it as much and it gets into the people who were streaming the PPV, which is even more money. This could be a huge win/win for WWE and the fans, but we will see in terms of money, but they are looking for a bigger deal for it's TV rights, which with this being a thing, will only increase it's value, since more people will be enticed to watch Raw/Smackdown if they get the WWE Network.

I remember WWE Network being on the butt end of joke. I love that it become something good, and not just a delayed project that goes under after a while.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »