Home

WWE RAW & Smackdown July Thread

This is a discussion on WWE RAW & Smackdown July Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #41

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown July Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
This Big E singles run is sooooooo long overdue after his first one.

Guy is a star and only 34 years old. Thank goodness New Day is done for awhile.

Xavier Woods should retire and keep entertaining on UUDD. Love his work there, and never loved him in the ring.

Kofi has done it all. Go enjoy some family time.

Big E's time is here! Now give the man back Langston!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I just hope they don't decide to turn Big E heel on the New Day and just let it be similar to Kofi's run last year. Have Kofi & Woods be supportive for the opportunity and what not, maybe when Woods returns he can go for a mid card title. Just anything to take them out of the Tag Title scene for a very long time.
Big E singles run! I'd imagine Kofi just taking time off now to be with his family and stay safe. Maybe SS officially being cancelled is part of the reason? Holding out small hope they'd still have SS in Boston(his hometown)? He said it could be 6 weeks, so I don't expect to see him back until at least September.

I've been back and forth on New Day splitting up. It would be such a huge moment for Big E to turn on them. Would be so much bigger than Rollins turning on Shield, or the Festival of Friendship. But at the same time, New Day could be the one group that simply ends and gets proper ending. No matter how it ends, I see it ending with Kofi retiring and sadly, Woods fading away (best case for him is being Big Es manager). Big E for sure should get a big singles push.

If they don't split up, maybe Kofi gets his sendoff which also leads to him "giving his blessing" for Big E and Woods to move on and we have the Big E build right after which culminates with the title win. Maybe Kofi sticks around as a manager for a short time until Big E gets the title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
How bad is Woods injury that he can’t even be at ring side in a managerial role yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Torn Achilles is pretty significant but I also imagine the thinking is what's the point of having him there right now?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The original timeline was 6 months to a year back in October. So that's April-October timeline. It's been 9 already so that's in the middle. No need to come back now so even if he could go, no reason to. No fans until at least the fall, so that would be closer to a year by then anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #42
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Can't have New Day end without a crowd.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #43

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Can't have New Day end without a crowd.
IF they end, its obviously not gonna be before the crowd is back. I'd be surprised if we get Kofi and/or Woods returning before a crowd is back. Both have kids and live in a different state (while Big E has no kids and lives close to the PC) so I don't see either in a hurry to return.

On that note, once the crowd does return, how many returns are we gonna get? Better not blow it. We could have a Raw after WM feel on that first big show back with crowds whenever that is. Reminds me of when they had Summerslam when multiple big names like HHH and Mysterio were both returning after being out for a while.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #44

Majingir's Arena

So the stipulation McIntyre chose for his match vs Ziggler is a smart one.

Spoiler
Old 07-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #45
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
So the stipulation McIntyre chose for his match vs Ziggler is a smart one.

Spoiler
That's not legit, right? I would be so annoyed by that because I know that means Ziggler I'd going to win in SOME manner which leads to yet another match between them, like a 2 out of 3 falls match or an Iron Man Match at the NEXT PPV.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #46

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
That's not legit, right? I would be so annoyed by that because I know that means Ziggler I'd going to win in SOME manner which leads to yet another match between them, like a 2 out of 3 falls match or an Iron Man Match at the NEXT PPV.

The hope/rumor is that McIntyre could be facing someone not named Ziggler at SS.

It could very well be
Spoiler
Old 07-26-2020, 08:36 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 2

That’s hilarious if he actually chose that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-27-2020, 12:08 AM   #48
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

RAW Preview:

- Randy Orton kicks off RAW announcing his next victim.

- Drew McIntyre vs Dolph Ziggler. WWE.com says it is a non title match but Drew picks the stipulation.

- Asuka vs Sasha to determine the true RAW Women's Champion. Title can change hands by Pinfall, Submission, Countout, DQ or Interference.

- Dominik Mysterio returns to confront Seth Rollins following Seth's eye raising victory over his father.

- Triple Threat Tag: Ricochet & Cedric Alexander vs Garza & Andrade vs Viking Raiders. Winner faces Street Profits at Summerslam for RAW Tag Titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »