Home

WWE Money in the Bank 7/2/22

This is a discussion on WWE Money in the Bank 7/2/22 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2022, 11:09 PM   #49
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE Money in the Bank 7/2/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Lmao ****ed up a perfectly good show

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Favoritism......plain and simple.

Also, WWE has done this "lose earlier in the night but win big at the end" thing plenty of times to not get up in arms about it.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 07-02-2022, 11:12 PM   #50
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Ruined the entire show, WWE once again ruining a talent by overpushing said talent. They were doing such a good job with Theory and the US Title was a perfect starting point to build him as a credible star. This was just too much.

Once again, even though I was against Drew winning because it would have been too predictable cashing in at Clash but at least the story was there. Roman has been avoiding Drew so Drew forcing Roman's hand with a cash in worked. I get them wanting to not do the obvious with a Mania 31 repeat with Seth but again, the story was there with Seth. WWE continues to not tell the story that is right there in front of their face.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:18 PM   #51
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Ruined the entire show, WWE once again ruining a talent by overpushing said talent. They were doing such a good job with Theory and the US Title was a perfect starting point to build him as a credible star. This was just too much.

Once again, even though I was against Drew winning because it would have been too predictable cashing in at Clash but at least the story was there. Roman has been avoiding Drew so Drew forcing Roman's hand with a cash in worked. I get them wanting to not do the obvious with a Mania 31 repeat with Seth but again, the story was there with Seth. WWE continues to not tell the story that is right there in front of their face.
I get all this (to a point except for "ruining the whole show" bit), but hasn't the thing being parroted for going on two years been that they "don't build new young stars?"

Plus, we don't know when Theory will cash (let alone win) or how they'll build to the inevitable match with Cena. Imagine young, talented Theory going against "the Franchise" John Cena for Cena's historical 17th reign at 'Mania.

Seems like a great way to build one of their next big stars to me. Oh, and that's if Cody doesn't comeback before then, but if he does they have even more storylines and things to work with.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 07-02-2022 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2022, 11:22 PM   #52
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
…Theory is at exactly the right position you’d want to give the MITB to. Younger guy getting a more prominent spot (especially after all the Vince segments), gets a bump from holding the MITB, and now they have a year to establish him more in the title picture as his own guy and let the Roman/Brock stuff settle out.

This really seems like complaining for the sake of complaining or because your predicted booking didn’t happen.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:28 PM   #53
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
…Theory is at exactly the right position you’d want to give the MITB to. Younger guy getting a more prominent spot (especially after all the Vince segments), gets a bump from holding the MITB, and now they have a year to establish him more in the title picture as his own guy and let the Roman/Brock stuff settle out.

This really seems like complaining for the sake of complaining or because your predicted booking didn’t happen.
To be honest, if they would have eliminated the Theory/Lashley match and had both of them in the MITB match from the beginning, I would have been fine with the ending. I think to me, I'm more mad that he was a last second addition that didn't need to be there. The match was fine, this was overkill.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:36 PM   #54
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
To be honest, if they would have eliminated the Theory/Lashley match and had both of them in the MITB match from the beginning, I would have been fine with the ending. I think to me, I'm more mad that he was a last second addition that didn't need to be there. The match was fine, this was overkill.
I can agree with that. Doing it the way they did made it too obvious.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:50 PM   #55
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I can agree with that. Doing it the way they did made it too obvious.
The problem with the whole "Chosen One" gimmick or the Authority Figure's hand picked superstar gimmick is you can't rely on said Authority Figure for too long. That Superstar needs to develop on their own and find their way past it, Theory needed more time to grow out of it. I've been a fan of Theory's work since he was in NXT, apart of The Way with Johnny Gargano but this screams cash in and lose.

All well it is what it is, I just hope WWE knows what they are doing and doesn't rush a cash in for Summerslam when he isn't ready for that spot yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2022, 12:02 AM   #56
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

I was seeing what people were saying about that Wyatt like video that was shown. A lot of people are saying it's pointing to Edge but that didn't make sense to me so I re-watched it and the little hints they dropped like the Latino Heat License Plate, the Gold Medal, the Dudley Glasses, Jeff Hardy armbands, all references to superstars Edge has faced.

Some people think it's related to a new RPG game coming out, Battlegrounds 2 or even 2K23 where Edge will be the cover star and the main star for Showcase. Remember, 2K22 was pushed back from October to March of this year, so could be them going back to their annual fall releases and still releasing 2K23 this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »