Home

WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #25
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Exactly what I was going to say. Make a new thread for this year so it's easier to see things but review the title changes possibly and then do a good review of the current rivalries going on.
Thanks Wis! I just got all my rosters typed up and that stuff. So that part is done haha! Typing up the recap will come later but the "tedious" task is done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #26
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Quick question, I saw in a video where you can pick the winner in a simmed match, but is it known if this will translate to a CPU-CPU live match? Would love to be able to pick a winner and then watch it actually play out.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:10 AM   #27
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB1214
Quick question, I saw in a video where you can pick the winner in a simmed match, but is it known if this will translate to a CPU-CPU live match? Would love to be able to pick a winner and then watch it actually play out.
We dont have official confirmation on that, but just my opinion I think they made it only for simulation as I doubt the AI would be able to function properly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #28
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

WW-LEAGUE NEWS/RUMORS POSTED

The first TCL Teams confirmed.
Participants in other leagues confirmed.
News on the formatting of other leagues?
Will there be multiple TCL this season?
Who is participating so far.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 09-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Doesn't look like a lot added to universe but their are some nice additions. I like have the ability to choose the winner in a match I sim. Also it looks like the Money in the Bank changes are very good.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:16 AM   #30
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
We dont have official confirmation on that, but just my opinion I think they made it only for simulation as I doubt the AI would be able to function properly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
This is what I assumed as well. This is definitely a step in the right direction for someone like me that would rather watch than actually play. Very good job for them
Old 09-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #31
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

So with the recent reveals of Universe Mode and such, I've been doing a bit of thinking about how I want my Universe Mode to play out.

I'm still sticking with the main original idea - Realistic rosters and champions as the base, with some tweaks and additions for my own personal tastes (I.E. adding various legends to my brands, minus deceased wrestlers. I like it to have a vague sense of realism at least, and obviously an Eddie Guerrero return is impossible, so I don't use him or other deceased stars).

I still plan to let the Universe Mode develop organically, and then build feuds and rivalries off that. Though I might kick start a couple off the bat that I'd like to run.

Probably run my divisions something like this:

Raw
WWE Universal Champion: Roman Reigns
Division: Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Triple H, HBK, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Goldberg, Batista, Sting, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Undertaker

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Seth Rollins
Division: Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Elias, Drew McIntyre, Sami Zayn, Dean Ambrose

Floaters (Upper and Mid Card): Kevin Owens

Smackdown Live
WWE Champion: AJ Styles
Division: The Miz, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Edge, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, Booker T

WWE United States Champion: Shinsuke Nakamura
Division: Christian, Matt Hardy, Rikishi

Floaters (Upper and Mid Card): Bobby Roode, Jeff Hardy, Shane McMahon, Samoa Joe

I probably won't do much with NXT or 205 Live, since I don't follow those brands IRL and don't feel much attachment to the stars there. I may at least pay attention enough to simulate and see what feuds pop up. I may also make some CAW's to put on NXT and use NXT as a CAW brand.

Debating starting up a show on Fridays to concentrate more of my Legends in, since they currently kind of overwhelm the top card of the roster.

Guys not listed will probably be in my tag team division. I'm certainly interested in the new match types available for tag team matches, so I might put a bit more of an emphasis on tag teams and stables this year.

Looks like the game has Bray Wyatt and Broken Matt Hardy together as a team by default. I'll be deleting that team and putting the Hardy Boyz together basically immediately.

With the way the rosters are playing out, I feel like Raw will be more of my Attitude Era "nostalgia" brand, with all the older names and legends. Smackdown Live will be more of my versatile and fun to play matches brand, with guys like AJ Styles, Edge, Rey Mysterio, the Hardyz, etc. who are always fun to use. And expect my favorite star Miz to get some pushes in my Universe Mode on this brand.

My goal will be to play all matches, at least on Raw and Smackdown (tho there may be times where I choose to sim). Typically, I use my favorite wrestler in the selected match in an attempt to put them over. When I reach a point where I want less control and more unpredictability, I typically create a more unique kind of match that is less controllable of the outcome, such as a multi-man Ladder Match, or multi-man Hell In A Cell match, or basically any kind of multi-man match where I have less guarantee of a specific outcome. If I want more control of an outcome, or want to go in a specific direction, I will typically choose a more basic match where I have a lower chance of something I don't want happening. Or just turn heel and hit my opponent with a chair to retain a belt

And also, since existing rivalries have premade matches and story outcomes, I will typically play a superstar's rivalry matches on their home brand, while using the alternate brand to have a little more creative control over their matches. I.E. with The Miz, I might put him in a rivalry on Smackdown and play out his rivalry matches there, but on Raw, use him in non rivalry matches that I might want to use to continue a push and use him a bit more freely.

Or, I could create my Friday show with more combined Raw and Smackdown rosters, and use that for more creative type matches.

I haven't completely decided yet.

But that's the outline of what I'm looking to work with this year. I'm super pumped for the release. I feel like I haven't been this excited for a new WWE 2K game in a loooooong time.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 11:39 PM   #32
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

HUGE Announcement tonight regarding the Team Challenge League
NCAA:Badgers