Home
News Post

I've received a response directly from the Madden team regarding "unlocked" Hall of Famers appearing in Franchise/Superstar mode rosters.

Apparently, the EA representatives who told me that HOFers were not going to be added to Superstar/Franchise rosters at Community Day were "misinformed".

"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."

This is the workaround recommended by the Madden team if "players do not want to use this feature".

"
Hall of Fame players are added to the roster on boot-up and whenever you move up in Madden Gamer Level. In order to prevent these (players) from being on your Franchise team, you have the following options:

1) Save off the roster upon boot-up, and load once you are in-game and then head into Franchise mode.

2) Go online and get the latest roster and start a Franchise. This will also remove the players.
Once you have started a Franchise, these players won't show up, as the roster is saved with the Franchise."

To add to that, if you already have a saved Profile with a Madden Gamer Level high enough to unlock HOFers immediately, I'd recommend copying it to a memory card, removing it from your hard drive (if applicable), and booting the game without it so it doesn't auto-load.

You'll have the default rosters (and the ability to load customized ones from memory) and bypass the MGL/HOF functionality. Then, after the Franchise/Superstar is saved, you could load your profile normally.

The above instructions should also apply to Superstar mode as well as Franchise.

Now, seeing as how quickly everyone jumped on EA here, I'd like to point out that their response regarding a workaround took only a few business hours after I called them yesterday, informing them of this and alerting them that I would post that evening in advance.

Thanks specifically go to Michael Johnson of EA, who worked after hours last night after we spoke and coordinated this workaround so quickly today, and the Madden design team for getting back to us and responding to the community's need for information.

Member Comments
# 21 Ewberdude @ 08/16/06 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
Than you do option one.
Sorry to keep beating this issue over the head, but have you confirmed that once you start a Franchise with a "clean' roster, the HOFers won't keep regenerating when you raise your MGL within that Franchise?

THanks,
-Noah

# 22 Altimus @ 08/16/06 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewberdude
Sorry to keep beating this issue over the head, but have you confirmed that once you start a Franchise with a "clean' roster, the HOFers won't keep regenerating when you raise your MGL within that Franchise?

THanks,
-Noah
From what I understand, start a franchise with a clean roster without a profile. Save and exit. Create a profile and you are good to go and that franchise should be legendless. If I'm still off, sorry.

# 23 px316xk @ 08/16/06 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewberdude

THanks,
-Noah
thats exactly what im wondering......you may start clean but wont you unlock HOFers during franchise?

# 24 PacMan3000 @ 08/16/06 05:48 PM
I haven't been keeping up with the HOF situation in Madden because I just like franchise...

But...are you saying that when I first buy my game, pop it in, and start a franchise...HOF players will be in free agency instantly?

And as I play in my franchise, I somehow earn MGL points that will unlock more HOF's into free agency automatically?

And lastly...couldn't you simply fix the problem by editing the Hall of Famer's ratings SO low that he would be rendered useless on any team and would automatically be at the bottom of the depth chart?

# 25 ronnyballgame @ 08/16/06 05:53 PM
no you unlock the HOFs as you progress.

you download roster when you buy the game, make it your default roster, start a franchise, save it, and then exit and create a profile. By doing this, the roster you have saved in your dynasty will not have the HOF'ers popping into it. This is what I believe, cant someone test this with the game?

# 26 TheMatrix31 @ 08/16/06 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
Just don't load any profiles before starting a Franchise/Superstar.

Shawn, so I'm assuming it's not like NCAA where you have to have a user profile before you start up a dynasty?

# 27 sdrotar @ 08/16/06 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Shawn, so I'm assuming it's not like NCAA where you have to have a user profile before you start up a dynasty?
Correct.

And PacMan3000, you can't edit player attributes in the Xbox 360 version.

# 28 Myke256 @ 08/16/06 08:29 PM
Just a quick question. When you're talking about profiles do you mean Madden profiles or Xbox 360 profiles? I don't have NCAA so I don't know how they do it.

# 29 px316xk @ 08/16/06 08:29 PM
Shawn, after you save the default roster and start up franchise arent you still going to be unlocking HOF'ers? wont they then be in your FA pool during franchise?

# 30 elTodd @ 08/16/06 08:43 PM
So all I have to do is save the roster file that comes with the game, and load that everytime I boot up before going into my Franchise/Superstar? Or do I just load the Franchise/Superstar?

Can Legends be added to my roster if I simply load the Franchise first?

I am probably making this out to be harder than it is.

# 31 Altimus @ 08/16/06 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke256
Just a quick question. When you're talking about profiles do you mean Madden profiles or Xbox 360 profiles? I don't have NCAA so I don't know how they do it.
Madden profile.

# 32 Jim Jones @ 08/16/06 08:49 PM
Quote:
"...the (design) team wanted to give players the ability to use HOF players on current rosters. This is intentional."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh boy...

Okay okay, I'm done..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EA is a total joke. This is unbelievable.

# 33 LionsSuperFan22 @ 08/16/06 10:43 PM
it seems to me the only way this can work is if you have all of the players unlocked already and then start a franchise or superstar with updated/loaded rosters. this way you wouldnt be unlocking players that get put into free agency while you play.

I wonder if the guy who sent the workaround already had everyone unlocked?

# 34 marc68 @ 08/16/06 10:52 PM
I guess we will see if this actually work in 6 days. For me if it doesnt, and hall of famers start appearing in my franchise, the game is officially junk to me and I will use it as trade bait.

# 35 ComfortablyLomb @ 08/17/06 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones

Oh boy...

Okay okay, I'm done..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EA is a total joke. This is unbelievable.
Seconded. I guess the alternative response on their part would have had to have been along the lines of "we're big stupid morons" so you can't fault them for going into damage control mode. Talk about a disastrous first two years of Madden 360...

# 36 dbshady @ 08/17/06 03:05 AM
ok so i understand the loading information... clean file ect.. or download..

but my question is...can we even alter the "default rosters" before we save them... say if lee suggs and derrick striat were traded (suggs failed physical - didnt end up going through) for real, could i make those changes, or add free agents that are currently on teams now, that weren't when they finished the game.. and save that altered roster as my "default roster" and still be able to dodge the legends?

my second questions is...we save the roster, start a franshise, exit and then load a madden profile.........but...what if i want to start a new or start another franchise later....i cant? now that i have already loaded a profile? or do i have to do the whole process over again?

sorry for all the questions, but us madden players need to fully understand what were getting into here..

THANKS

# 37 x BaNGaDoShiSh @ 08/17/06 03:09 AM
LooKs LiKe MaDDen SuCC's This Year For The 360 Again.

# 38 HasselbeckFan @ 08/17/06 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
And lastly...couldn't you simply fix the problem by editing the Hall of Famer's ratings SO low that he would be rendered useless on any team and would automatically be at the bottom of the depth chart?
You would think that would be a quick cure for this bug.. but alas.. the fine people at EA left player editing out of the game too.

Sigh..

# 39 sdrotar @ 08/17/06 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
ok so i understand the loading information... clean file ect.. or download..

but my question is...can we even alter the "default rosters" before we save them... say if lee suggs and derrick striat were traded (suggs failed physical - didnt end up going through) for real, could i make those changes, or add free agents that are currently on teams now, that weren't when they finished the game.. and save that altered roster as my "default roster" and still be able to dodge the legends?
Yes.

Quote:
my second questions is...we save the roster, start a franshise, exit and then load a madden profile.........but...what if i want to start a new or start another franchise later....i cant? now that i have already loaded a profile? or do i have to do the whole process over again?
You'd need to back the profile up to a memory card, remove it from your Xbox's hard drive, use a "clean" roster to create the file, and then you could re-install the profile.

Quote:
sorry for all the questions, but us madden players need to fully understand what were getting into here..

THANKS
No problem, but I think folks are overanalyzing this... it'll be very clear once you have the game in your hands.

# 40 jpup @ 08/17/06 07:21 AM
can't they just make a patch to fix the problem? also, why do they not let you edit players attributes? It makes zero sense at all. I think I'm going to have to pass on Madden, or wait to a patch is available, which will probably never happen. Why do they continually do stupid things like this? Their QA stinks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.