Home
News Post

Since there is always a debate on which player models are better, we've just posted a screenshot comparison between NCAA Football 09, 08 and 07. What are your thoughts?

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jdrhammer @ 03/25/08 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Wow... I guess I'm alone in the way I feel:

The models look slightly better in an up close, still picture that you're rarely going to appreciate anyway. SO WHAT? What does that matter when there is no atmosphere, no immersion in the game and a terrible broadcast/presentation of the game at hand.

No of these graphical updates truly matter. They highlight minor difference like this so you have something to talk about amongst yourselves while we don't get the changes this franchise needed.

Is this what we have to resort to? Taking one or two images and studying them with a magnifying glass trying to find any minor change we can? This is next-gen gaming?

It continues to amaze me everyday just how (IMO) irrelevant football gaming has become. I used to LOVE football gaming... and now I spend a lot more time enjoying Hoops and Baseball. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not alone.
I want the game to look better but I'm gonna be pissed if all the options and features from the last gen aren't included as well as the obvious improvements made.

# 22 ausar72 @ 03/25/08 11:53 AM
Quote:

The models look slightly better in an up close, still picture that you're rarely going to appreciate anyway. SO WHAT? What does that matter when there is no atmosphere, no immersion in the game and a terrible broadcast/presentation of the game at hand.

No of these graphical updates truly matter. They highlight minor difference like this so you have something to talk about amongst yourselves while we don't get the changes this franchise needed.

Is this what we have to resort to? Taking one or two images and studying them with a magnifying glass trying to find any minor change we can? This is next-gen gaming?

It continues to amaze me everyday just how (IMO) irrelevant football gaming has become. I used to LOVE football gaming... and now I spend a lot more time enjoying Hoops and Baseball. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not alone.
Not really celebrating the minor graphical advancements here, just commenting on what they've put out thus far, this early in the process. I agree wholeheartedly with you about EA/Tiburon stepping up and improving the atmosphere, etc. in Madden/NCAA though.

The fact of the matter for me is that I really primarily only play Football games for the most part, some basketball, and an occasional action/adventure (see GTA) game. So, as unfortunate as it sounds Madden and NCAA are going to be purchases for me until this exclusivity issue plays itself out or I stop gaming. I guess I'm one of the consumers EA was looking to capture by buying the exclusivity rights for the NFL and NCAA licenses...

# 23 SageInfinite @ 03/25/08 11:57 AM
Quote:

You are definitely not alone. I agree with everything you said. This is all we have to go on as of now so, I'm trying my hardest to remain positive but, this is EA we're talking about.

# 24 Fenrir @ 03/25/08 12:59 PM
Two things.

Why do people always get excited for these photoshopped "screenshots"? It's almost certain the game we get will not look like that.

Also, why has it been so hard for them to get proportions down. Football is heavily photographed/imaged. There has to be some reason it's taken years to even get close to real player proportions.

# 25 jdrhammer @ 03/25/08 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
alternate jerseys
I know. I like our red jerseys better and normally wear them more often than the blue, in past versions. I like the blue, just not as much as the red. Not having the option to wear red, plus looking at those blue #'s on the away jerseys drives me crazy.

# 26 olemiss86 @ 03/26/08 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I know. I like our red jerseys better and normally wear them more often than the blue, in past versions. I like the blue, just not as much as the red. Not having the option to wear red, plus looking at those blue #'s on the away jerseys drives me crazy.

HA I know I can't stand playing away games. I just can't look at those jerseys.

And I think our red jerseys should be our main ones on here. They look way better than the blues. Looks better with the helmets IMO.

# 27 jdrhammer @ 03/26/08 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
HA I know I can't stand playing away games. I just can't look at those jerseys.

And I think our red jerseys should be our main ones on here. They look way better than the blues. Looks better with the helmets IMO.
Yep. Players don't wear blue wristbands and accessories either. The wear white or red.

# 28 icicle22 @ 03/26/08 11:47 PM
I hope they don't change the lighting model either. Man, it looks so sweet in 08 when you play a late afternoon game and the sun goes down and the lights come on. The colors are beautiful and it makes it feel like a "real" game....when it's dark out, you know you are running out of time.

# 29 jdrhammer @ 03/27/08 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I hope they don't change the lighting model either. Man, it looks so sweet in 08 when you play a late afternoon game and the sun goes down and the lights come on. The colors are beautiful and it makes it feel like a "real" game....when it's dark out, you know you are running out of time.
It really does look good. I just don't like how it makes the players look brighter during the sunny games. The uniforms shining is kind of cheesy too. The lighting is cool with th shadows and stuff.

# 30 farnzworth @ 03/28/08 01:51 PM
so when are they going to fix the running animations and the "gang" tackling? the graphics are fine. fix the gameplay.

# 31 SageInfinite @ 03/28/08 11:25 PM
I wonder if they're adding refs this year......

# 32 kmart2180 @ 03/31/08 05:35 PM
I am loving the 09 player models. (Still a bit too buff) but its a pretty big difference to me. Last years game looked washed out no matter what settting i tried on my tv. There was a dullness on all the players. This years models look brighter and more polished.

Not that it really matters if gameplay, atmosphere,presentation hasnt been fixed. But the game looks good. Now we need more important information about the Big 3 (Gameplay,Atmospere,Presentation)

# 33 ausar72 @ 04/02/08 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I wonder if they're adding refs this year......
I'm waiting on THAT announcement, for real... Screw all of these other minor tweaks.

# 34 SageInfinite @ 04/02/08 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
I'm waiting on THAT announcement, for real... Screw all of these other minor tweaks.
It may sound silly to some, but the refs could be my deciding factor of whether or not I buy this game, lmao. That's how sad its gotten. 3rd year on next gen for NCAA, 4th for Madden, these details SHOULD be included by now. It's getting really pathetic.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.