Home
MLB 2K8 News Post

2K Sports sent us the following update.

Quote:
"Just wanted to keep you up to speed on a downloadable update 2K Sports is working on to address some of the issues reported with MLB 2K8.

We have been made aware of certain gameplay experience issues within Major League Baseball 2K8 that may effect the enjoyment for some players, and we are in the process of testing downloadable updates for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 versions. Specifically, the Xbox 360 update will increase the frames per second to help improve the overall gameplay experience, while another update for both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 will correct an issue in Franchise mode when playing as the San Diego Padres and attempting to move players to and from their minor league roster. These updates are currently undergoing technical review, and will be available for download shortly, free of charge.

We are also aware of certain gameplay issues with the Wii and PlayStation2 versions of Major League Baseball 2K8. While there is currently not an update available for these platforms, as they do not yet have the network capability to issue updates, our team is working tirelessly to find other alternative solutions to provide an improved gameplay experience. We appreciate the feedback from all of our dedicated fans, and will continue to provide other updates and information when available."

If you have any comments or concerns, state them here. 2K Sports will try to get us some feedback. Please leave the sarcasm out of this thread, if you have a serious question or concern, we'll try to get the answers as soon as we can.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K8Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 brendanrfoley @ 03/27/08 11:19 AM
Has anyone else been forced to update their game. And if so, is there a difference?

# 42 RedLine @ 03/27/08 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Wednesday
The call up/send down glitch for the Padres? Yes.
This glitch exists outside of franchise too, I hope they fix that. Has this been confirmed?

# 43 Webdanzer @ 03/27/08 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
I think a patch is out, or at least I had to update my game this morning. Maybe its just random thing, but let me know if anyone else had to update.
Yeah, I had to update last night. The stuttering seemed better for me too, but not perfect. It seemed similar to the previous effect of signing out of VIP, but without actually signing out. I did notice that the step and swing feedback text no longer overlap each other, so that, at least, was fixed.

# 44 areobee401 @ 03/27/08 01:21 PM
I also had an update the other night. But the funny thing was that in my first game I turned on all cutscenes and had no problem. Then in my 2nd game everything was back to normal.

IDK

Maybe it was the update that came out from day 1 and mine was erased somehow.

# 45 gobyrandom @ 03/27/08 01:24 PM
No mention of the crashing every other game.

# 46 Jistic @ 03/27/08 03:20 PM
Anyone else? Does it seem like the patch is up now? I can't test til tonight.

# 47 markprior22 @ 03/27/08 03:28 PM
All you would have to do is check the Padres roster issue to see if a patch was released.

# 48 Mr.Wednesday @ 03/27/08 03:49 PM
I just checked. No patch or update message. Padres roster glitch still there. False alarm.

# 49 Jistic @ 03/27/08 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Wednesday
I just checked. No patch or update message. Padres roster glitch still there. False alarm.
Oh well. Thanks for checking.

# 50 myghty @ 03/28/08 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
i think most people are saying that because other articles, and this one in particular, arent specifying that the PS3 versions patch will fix the framerate.. i honestly dont see how or why they would do that. i think its just a quote taken out of context and i'm sure they will fix the problem on both systems.. now the wii and ps2, thats another story.....
The Admin at 2K sports said it himself that they can only fix the framerate of the 360 but not the PS3. They can't figure out how... But there will be a patch to fix the Padres roster glitch & other stuff.

# 51 gobyrandom @ 03/28/08 11:37 AM
I would imagine that they would want to patch this before the big promotion weekend, but 2K might drop the ball.....again.

# 52 Skyboxer @ 03/28/08 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobyrandom
No mention of the crashing every other game.
It hasn't crashed on me at all.....?

# 53 brendanrfoley @ 03/28/08 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobyrandom
I would imagine that they would want to patch this before the big promotion weekend, but 2K might drop the ball.....again.
The patch is in Microsoft's hands for certification. It's out of 2K's hands.

# 54 mrnickyb @ 03/28/08 12:45 PM
The only freeze up for me on the 360 was when I tried to stay signed in. When I am signed out the game plays without any problems. I just sign in to save. Shame they have all of these problems since the game(with slider tweaks) plays well.

# 55 thornie @ 03/28/08 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
The patch is in Microsoft's hands for certification. It's out of 2K's hands.
We've been here before haven't we? Deja-vu.

# 56 Hoos @ 03/28/08 02:45 PM
I'm sure we'll see the patch before 2K's special weekend activities....BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!! The last thing they probably want is more egg on their face over this game. The whole "It's in Microsoft's hand" issue will more then likely play out much different than the demo. I still believe that with the demo, 2K specifically asked MS to hold the demo until after release. Now that the masses are ticked at them, I'm sure they'll want their precious weekend event to over well.

I played a game last night against someone named Master_Kush online. Does Kush still have any involvement with this game?? Anyway, the guy did'nt have his mic on so I could'nt talk to him to see if he was part of the development team. The game was a complete lag fest and since neither of us could pitch well with the new pitching mechanic online with all the lag, the game ended being a homerun fest with all the meatball pitches we were throwing. The final score was something like 17-15 with 48 hits. I couldn't hit the meter to save my life

Imagine a bunch of scores like that over their weekend event...BIG TIME FUN...................NOT!!!

# 57 HokieB @ 03/28/08 04:57 PM
Yeah, I just bought CH2k8 to tide me over until this patch comes out (that game rocks, btw). I just couldn't take the stuttering anymore, and though the VIP fix helped, it didn't fix it completely. I do enjoy the new mechanics and see a great game burried under a ton of glitches, so I'm hoping for the best with this patch.

And I'm done with that Ronnie guy after this:

"I also do have the right not to answer any questions and just leave you guys in suspense about everything. But I am actively trying to help. I understand your individual frustrations about the game but I am here on these Forums trying to get you some semblance of solutions. Please don't make me regret this and focus more on my other responsibilities."

While he has cleaned things up over there a bit, I think he's a pompous prick. Don't do us any favors, and I wish you would go back to your "other responsibilities" and maybe help your company not turn out a glitch-fest.

# 58 Jistic @ 03/28/08 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
Yeah, I just bought CH2k8 to tide me over until this patch comes out (that game rocks, btw). I just couldn't take the stuttering anymore, and though the VIP fix helped, it didn't fix it completely. I do enjoy the new mechanics and see a great game burried under a ton of glitches, so I'm hoping for the best with this patch.

And I'm done with that Ronnie guy after this:

"I also do have the right not to answer any questions and just leave you guys in suspense about everything. But I am actively trying to help. I understand your individual frustrations about the game but I am here on these Forums trying to get you some semblance of solutions. Please don't make me regret this and focus more on my other responsibilities."

While he has cleaned things up over there a bit, I think he's a pompous prick. Don't do us any favors, and I wish you would go back to your "other responsibilities" and maybe help your company not turn out a glitch-fest.
I don't know anything about Ronnie, or who he's supposed to be, but yeah I agree. What a pretentious bitch.

# 59 Mr.Wednesday @ 03/28/08 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I don't know anything about Ronnie, or who he's supposed to be, but yeah I agree. What a pretentious bitch.
Quote of the day for me.

# 60 King Gro23 @ 03/28/08 05:30 PM
Okay my boi has 2k8 and I was chillin at his house n he put the game in like 1 hour ago and an update was avaliable and he got it, yes he has the the very first update too he bought the game on release date, So i walk back to muh house and try and I dont get no update so i delete some thing from my hard drive to save memo, and other thing shut my 360 offf n try again n no freakin update still , what the scoop be?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.