Home
News Post

Shawn Drotar over at 5W-G has posted a article called NHL 09: Community Event Recap.

Quote:
"EA Canada has been a surprisingly nimble studio in the last few years, especially in contract with sister studio EA Tiburon in Florida, as the Burnaby-based developer has been able to make momentous strides from year to year with its products rather than incremental ones."

Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Money99 @ 04/16/08 11:43 AM
My only gripe about this is that not every player should find that opening nor should the puck always get to them.
This should all be based on their ratings.
So if a guy has an offensive awareness of 60, most of the time he's not going to find that open space whereas a player like Ovechkin will.
Same with getting the puck to them. If Boogard sees Gaborik wide-open in the slot, he might not always get it to him or it'll be off target forcing Gaborik to take valuable seconds cradling the puck. But if it's Crosby, it'll be a laser pass right on the tape.

I'd also like to see more mishandling of passes. Not everyone in the NHL can one-time or handle a pass from Joe Thornton or Crosby.

# 22 JimmyDeicide @ 04/16/08 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
the computer is pretty good at taking what you give them. if people are standing in the slot wide open for a one timer all game, then guess what? you will get one-timered all game. if you are guarding the lane they won't pass the puck. it's actually pretty smart. just go into a game and purposefully leave people open, and watch how the cpu will find those players almost every time.
Guess what ? They will go to the point for a 1 timer instead.
Guess what ? Or go to the side boards for a 1 timer after the point is shut down.

My point is most shots whether on a rush in the slot or from the point are usually 1 timers thats all. When they have time and space i dont think a 1 timer is a good decision.
I hope they tone it down somewhat for next year at least make it harder to get them off every time.

# 23 JimmyDeicide @ 04/17/08 12:37 AM
Ok just fired up a game Detroit preds im preds

Stats after 1 period and im not kidding.

Wings preds
3 goals 0
13 shots 7

14 1 timers 3
3 1 timer goals 0
3:05 on attack 3:15

2 of the goals were bad d , that back door play from just behind the net across the crease.
They are 1 timing it when a computer d man is covering them so i have no idea what im doing wrong.

Now preds played tight point ill try and change strats see if i can hold them up a bit.

End of 2 i guess im gonna get flamed for my d here and i do see a few areas i could be more disceplined but still.
5-0
30-17 shots
23-6 1 timers
6:41 - 5:59 TOA.

So weve established im playing poor d but other than cutting out the pass from happening i cant stop the decision to 1 time .
Im gonna mess with the sliders i just bumped them up to get more scoring with the latest roster maybe the pass speed is contributing.

# 24 JimmyDeicide @ 04/17/08 07:16 PM
Ive bumped pass speed down again to 1 and it has realy cut them down to an acceptable rate at least, i just dislike the lower pass speed as sometimes your guys have to wait on the puck.

# 25 Brianz1234 @ 05/19/08 08:38 PM
Does anyone have any info on some new features that EA is working on in NHL 08? Any sites that are leaking info?

# 26 savoie2006 @ 05/19/08 09:47 PM
Nope and don't expect any until June 10th.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.