Home
Madden 09 News Post

Jeremy Hartman checks in today with a look at what the newest draft picks will do with your approach to Madden when it hits stores this August. Check out his article here.

Quote:
"With the NFL Draft just behind us and Madden ’09 details slowly filtering in, it is now time to take a look at some of the recent draft picks and how they’ll fit on their new teams. This is not an exhaustive list but more of a look at some of the intriguing picks and how they correspond with Madden."

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Scott @ 04/30/08 05:49 PM
Great article...I think that Stewart makes a big impact...

# 2 redsfan4life @ 04/30/08 08:46 PM
The Browns are gonna be a popular team.

# 3 DLaren @ 05/01/08 04:23 AM
McFadden gives the Raiders a "weapon" that can score on any given-play, we didn't have a guy like that last year.

With the addition of Arthur Shields (4th rd sleeper pick who had the fastest 40 time at the combine) at the WR position to go along with Javon Walker, Russels "cannon-arm" weapon will be put to good use.

# 4 tl77 @ 05/01/08 08:07 AM
I dont see how you can just skip over the #1 pick in the draft. Yes I understand it isnt a sexy pick, but when playing with a 2nd yr QB or even a Rookie QB this, the line is going to need to be able to protect. Big Jake will also do wonders for the run blocking for ricky/ronnie. C'mon atleast acknowledge it for ****'s sake instead of just skipping it

# 5 jhartman01 @ 05/01/08 03:08 PM
tl77:

I debated on adding Jake Long to the article. He could very well add a tremendous element to the Dolphins in run/pass blocking but be honest...how many people do you know that spend the time looking at an offensive linemen's ratings before they play Madden?

Jake Long will probably be a great player for the Dolphins but I was approaching the article from the standpoint of who people are excited about using on Madden. Most people are more concerned with skill players and defensive players not linemen. That's why Big Jake wasn't included.

# 6 tl77 @ 05/01/08 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartman01
tl77:

I debated on adding Jake Long to the article. He could very well add a tremendous element to the Dolphins in run/pass blocking but be honest...how many people do you know that spend the time looking at an offensive linemen's ratings before they play Madden?

Jake Long will probably be a great player for the Dolphins but I was approaching the article from the standpoint of who people are excited about using on Madden. Most people are more concerned with skill players and defensive players not linemen. That's why Big Jake wasn't included.
Thanks for the reply,
I understand what you are getting at and since you cant play as offensive lineman, i see why you decided to leave him out. Although, I do tend to check out teams lineman rankings to decide which side of my line is strongest at run blocking/pass blocking and such. But again thanks for explaining.

# 7 jhartman01 @ 05/01/08 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl77
Thanks for the reply,
I understand what you are getting at and since you cant play as offensive lineman, i see why you decided to leave him out. Although, I do tend to check out teams lineman rankings to decide which side of my line is strongest at run blocking/pass blocking and such. But again thanks for explaining.
You're quite welcome. It's actually nice to have someone respond to an article that I've written to get some dialog going. I think it helps as a writer to have feedback from folks that are die-hards.

I look at my linemen too but I'm sure for every you and me there are five other guys that just turn on the power and play the game based solely on the skill players. You would think those guys would eventually figure out that even if Darren McFadden is rated a 93 that he still might not pick up that tough 3 yards on third down running behind a poor run blocking lineman. But hey, most of the folks I know just don't do that.

Thanks for the dialog!

# 8 Nza @ 05/02/08 07:57 AM
At the very least, Chris Johnson will be a beast in Madden He should be second to only Hester in speed (in Madden, anyway).

# 9 qpc123 @ 05/03/08 03:43 PM
What about joe flacco in baltimore?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.