Home
Madden 09 News Post

GameSpot has posted their hands-on preview of Madden NFL 09. They have also posted some more screenshots and a video clip.

Quote:
"There's one other aspect of difficulty in Madden NFL 09: game style. There are a number of different game styles you can choose from before you begin a game, and each presents information to you in a slightly different way once the game begins. On the beginner game style, the game is simplified to a great degree; for example, when in the huddle, the game will give you only one play to call. As you move up through the more advanced game-style options, you'll get more play-call options available to you, until you reach the hardcore level, which is a presentation level designed for the most faithful Madden fans. At the hardcore level, superfluous features such as instant replays and the backtrack feature (which breaks down your busted plays in exacting details) are turned off so that you can get to the next play as quickly as possible."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 blackngoldfan @ 05/23/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett67
Collinsworth sounds good but........ the ..........other ............dude........... has..........too .............many ...........pauses.......in his ......speech
Yeah, the Hammond sounds like this guy............

# 42 bcruise @ 05/23/08 04:19 PM
The Madden IQ thing sounds interesting. I think 2k tried a dynamic difficulty thing with their MLB game. And since it's a one-off thing (do the minigames and be done with it), I don't think the futuristic backdrop would bother me much. I'm always interested when games start analyzing my play style and ability - it's one reason I like 2k's VIP so much.

# 43 PacMan3000 @ 05/23/08 05:00 PM
I haven't been keeping up with Madden like I have in past years due to disappointment, but this video intrigued me a bit, so I have a question.

Is this "Backtrack" thing an actual in-game replay with commentary, or is this a "feature?" Meaning, will a play happen, and then Collinsworth will break it down with nifty arrows showing how a man was covered on a play and such (similar to how the 2K games would use a telestrater to break down a replay), or did this Backtrack thing only happen because the gamer pushed a button to purposefully, in a sense, ask Collinsworth to break down the play and explain why it wasn't a success?

# 44 bowlerguy92 @ 05/25/08 09:35 AM
Looking pretty good for Madden 09!

# 45 Exonerated @ 05/25/08 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
Looking pretty good for Madden 09!
Agreed.

# 46 bigeastbumrush @ 05/26/08 11:14 PM

The graphics are a 10.

If the game play is where it should be (big IF), I will be in gaming heaven.

WOW!!!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.