Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo will be released on June 19th.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 deltroy @ 06/19/08 05:12 AM
Yes I can play before I leave for work yessss enjoy guys!!!!! go bills baby

# 242 VWarrior @ 06/19/08 05:17 AM
I fell asleep and honestly just happened to wake up naturally just after 5:00 a.m. EST. Downloading now!

# 243 Hoos @ 06/19/08 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxslim502xx
spoke too soon im downloading now!!!!!
I'd say, you gave up hope at 1 minute after 5:00 ET

Better get some Calomine lotion for that itchy trigger finger there bro....LOL

# 244 VWarrior @ 06/19/08 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Dont see it for PS3 yet!
Yeah, I just checked the PSN (approx. 5:30 EST) and its not there. I'm assuming its due to Sony not updating it yet.

# 245 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/19/08 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
Yeah, I just checked the PSN (approx. 5:30 EST) and its not there. I'm assuming its due to Sony not updating it yet.
Yep it sucks, for some reason PS3ers are always behind. But the good thing is PS3 will overtake console sales in 09, via some report I read earlier.

# 246 Deathblooms @ 06/19/08 05:51 AM
Yea I'm getting the cannot retrieve file message, what a buch of crap! ugh

# 247 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/19/08 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblooms
Yea I'm getting the cannot retrieve file message, what a buch of crap! ugh
Thats MS for ya! I love PS3

# 248 HuskAir @ 06/19/08 06:15 AM
Playing as LSU. I had a good drive going, and then I threw an INT inside the 15 yard line. The CB made a play on the ball just like in 08--grr....

Ohio State kicked a 53 yard field goal just before half. The drive summary said 7 plays 105 yards. wtf?

# 249 xxslim502xx @ 06/19/08 06:24 AM
theres a bug in the demo if you go into overtime the camera will just pan around it will not let you play OT, i remember last year you could

# 250 Holic @ 06/19/08 06:26 AM
Started downloading it on the 360 just a second ago. The thing is flying, unfortunately I'll be leaving for work. Talk about torture, knowing it'll be done soon and I have all day to wait.

# 251 VWarrior @ 06/19/08 07:24 AM
Ok, just played my first game with it, my first impressions:

First off, this game is without a doubt THE best current gen version yet. There's no way I'm popping '08 back in before July 15th. Its clear the dev team had much more efficient dev cycle than last year.

I don't wanna speak too soon..heck, i'll just say it now (if anyone experienced otherwise then let me know). At least on Varsity, the ability to effectively pressure the QB has been FIXED on both sides of the ball. One of the first plays I ran was a PA pass (we all know how those usually end up), and I was indeed sensing pressure after rolling off the fake, especially from the right DE who was fortunately held up by my tackle. I was sacked twice and pressured multiple times. I sacked the CPU 3 times and kept consistent pressure on him with various blitzes.

NO TURNOVERS!!!Not single INT or fumble!!! WHOHOO!!! CB and safety A.I. as well as LBs in zone coverage all defend the pass realistically. Receiver route running is also very good. Perhaps to my most pleasant surprise, the receiver A.I. when running a route/catching a ball near the sidelines is MUCH improved. Quick slant and out routes that would have resulted in the receiver going into a catch animation that drove him out of bounds in previous versions now results in the A.I. wisely halting on their toes and stretching out for the ball, making the catch, then falling out of bounds if they're off-balance. And this finally happens consistently it seems. Excellent EA!! Finally, thank you!!!

CPU quick snap is not bad. Honestly, the amount of time the CPU QB took to snap the ball felt realistic overall. I was ALWAYS able to make defensive pre-snap adjustments. Overall, I can't complain here.

Ball Carrier controls feels great! I must say wide-open gameplay is a VERY welcome addition so far EA! Running with the ball feels much more fluid than before and I can see this making the running game exciting with a fast and dynamic RB. Darren McFadden was indeed the right cover boy to represent this! But honestly, perhaps moreso than the this, wide open gameplay is welcome with me because the defensive seems to have not been neutered to help it stand out. I admit, Chris Wells did (somehow) break containment and get into the open field after first trying to run up the middle on a LB blitz that he'd otherwise have no chance if one of my defenders didn't allow themselves to get stiff-armed. But thats Chris Wells for ya, and I am happy to say that beyond that 25-yard TD, I SHUT HIM DOWN!!! So again, at least on Varsity so far, thank you EA for maintaining effectiveness of wise defensive schemes while implementing a new dynamic of the offense.

Crowd dynamics seem ok so far. Nothing about it really blew me away to be honest, but again, I didn't exactly have the volume cranked up given the time. I do like the new emphasis on stadium hostility with the route map shaking and/or QB getting rattled and forgetting which button was assigned to which receiver which can result in the player calling a hot route/putting in motion the wrong receiver and possibly screwing up the play. Nice! I have to be positively negative here. The presentation still needs work. It still leaves a lot to be desired. Cheerleaders are ok, but there are more important and effective elements to college stadium atmosphere and presentation than them. Pre-game entrances by both teams (making them authentic would do wonders for the immersion but even generic ones would be a huge improvement), actually seeing the players warm up during pre-game commentary, shots of the sidelines, shots of coach reactions to play on the field (watch just ONE college football game and tell me that doesn't happen at least 10 times), referees actually feeling like a part of the game, chain-gangs, pre-snap communication by defensive players, crowd pans showing their reactions (you don't have to increase the LOD of them during gameplay, just during the pans) all of these are but a subset of things that I would not only notice more, but would immerse me a heck of a lot more than cheerleaders.

I appreciate the new method of hiding your playcalling by assigning each play on screen to a button on the controller while allowing you to visibly toggle specific plays. Thats probably the best method since the Dreamcast NFL 2Ks (VMU playcalling was one of the coolest things ever implemented for competitive football gaming)

Lastly for now, oh so thankfully, the programmers (i'm assuming algorithmically) improved the menu funtionality!!! But still, I can only say this for in-game menus so far. There's really nothing to do menu-wise otherwise. But man it feels good for them to be fluid again.

I have yet to play this game on Heisman so all these positives are tentative. However, EA, you do deserve this because I am confident this is your best NCAA Football installment yet:

# 252 Vince @ 06/19/08 09:48 AM
later today for the Ps3

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-159303.aspx

# 253 MSU ILLEST @ 06/19/08 10:14 AM
Todd Boeckman got hurt for Ohio State, so I got the chance to play with Terrelle Pryor. He has decent speed and a good arm to be a freshman. I know he was the truth in high school, but I didn't think EA would make him that good in college.

The game overall is pretty sweet considering it's a demo. Have fun guys!

# 254 coogrfan @ 06/19/08 10:15 AM
I started downloading this off XBL at 5:50 this morning, when I walked out the door to go to work at 8:20 it was only 74% complete. Hopefully it will be done by the time I get home this evening.

# 255 Candyman5 @ 06/19/08 10:31 AM
Just had a classic game. I was Ohio State and LSU was up by 10 by the first half. Just before the Half ended I threw a Hail Mary and it got tipped by a defender but then my reciever caught it but fell short of the endzone. Awsome looking play. Anyway I got the ball to start start the 2nd Half down 10 - zip. The first drive of the half I scored a TD and it took a whole quarter. I was a idiot and decided to kick off to them instead of Onside kick with about 1 min left. Well I played def. and held them to a punt. I got the ball back with about .24 seconds left with no time outs left. I droped back for a pass and found my Tight End on the right side of the field wide open. He caught it but then stumbled but got control of his self before a defender caught up to him and ran down the side line for a TD. I am now up 10 - 14. I kicked off to LSU and they got possesion with about .14 seconds left. Well I went Dime and made my DB's go back. Well he hikes it and throws it to his wide open Tight End (I think) about 15 Yards up the field. He then sheds 2 tackles and runs for a 54 Yard TD. The clock is at .00 and I lost the game 17 - 14. Lmao. The Tight End he threw to was his impact player.

# 256 bases1616 @ 06/19/08 10:39 AM
coogrfan, if it is taking you that long to download the demo you may want to check your internet connection. I have the standard 7MB download cable connection through Bright House and the whole 1.4 GB came down in less than 30 minutes for me.

# 257 ODogg @ 06/19/08 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU ILLEST
Todd Boeckman got hurt for Ohio State, so I got the chance to play with Terrelle Pryor. He has decent speed and a good arm to be a freshman. I know he was the truth in high school, but I didn't think EA would make him that good in college.

The game overall is pretty sweet considering it's a demo. Have fun guys!
I had the same thing, Pryor is sick in that game, I love it!

# 258 ODogg @ 06/19/08 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
coogrfan, if it is taking you that long to download the demo you may want to check your internet connection. I have the standard 7MB download cable connection through Bright House and the whole 1.4 GB came down in less than 30 minutes for me.
Yeah I think mine took about 20-25 minutes.

# 259 Perfect Zero @ 06/19/08 11:29 AM
Wow, I've been trying to stay away from here and completely missed the demo day. I've got it now, and in the past 5 min. I have 19% done, so coogrfan, I'd try again.

# 260 coogrfan @ 06/19/08 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Wow, I've been trying to stay away from here and completely missed the demo day. I've got it now, and in the past 5 min. I have 19% done, so coogrfan, I'd try again.
Can't, I'm at work now.

Besides, I'm sure it's done by now anyway. It wasn't stalled or anything like that. It was just slooooow.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.