Home
News Post

For the HD version, click here.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Parasight @ 06/19/08 02:26 PM
Animation-wise, a lot of the same from Live 08. That said, I'll hold judgment till I play the game. I don't have much expectations, so any improvement will impress me really.

# 42 Klocker @ 06/19/08 05:07 PM
it is still really early to judge the quality of the animations IMO, however, what was there showed a helluva lot more than in 08.

I think 08 got a really bad rap (especially here) because it really was on the right track and I can see that if the animation progress that was made on Madden makes its way here along with Mike wang's presence that all but the most hardcore will have to at least give this year's game a look.

I am pretty certain that most people on this board never even played Live 08 and hate it on screens and trailers and the demo alone.

I'm not defending it, it is flawed, but if you can not see the progression here (as well as what EA is doing with its other titles and its NEW fan interaction/communication) then you have the EA ***** glasses on.

# 43 edubbs @ 06/19/08 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Thx Mc...

Here's hoping to Mike getting alot of his ideas into the game being the Gameplay/AI programmer.

He's probably loving EA's resources
Beluba stated on the EA boards that his main role in LIVE09 is the animations. He said that he has been re-working alot of the animations.

Including....dunking, dribbling, shooting, signature styles and signature celebrations etc.

I was hoping he would be in charge of the AI and more importantly the team tendacies though. Atleast he is playing a major role in 1 of the 2 biggest shortcomings of this franchise (animations).

I just hope they have someone spending ALOT of time trying to get the other major issue fixed, which is the lack of team tendacies and authenic playstyles.

Hopefully, Mike will chime in over here at some point for better clarrification on what he is handling this year.

In anycase, I really like what I see so far. The animations look much more realistic in the trailer IMO.

# 44 stephensonmc @ 06/19/08 06:12 PM
Hey guys, I know that you want producers over here, but for the time being...you're going to have to post questions over on the NBA LIVE forums.

# 45 23 @ 06/19/08 07:50 PM
edubbs, thanks for the heads up.

I think I saw one of the guys post there that they are working on authentic team playsets but we'll see

# 46 CallMeDrop @ 06/20/08 07:34 AM
The star players were done really well. I just hope that the others players in the game look like their true to life selves. Eddie House looked awful...btw.

# 47 Pared @ 06/20/08 10:01 AM
There was a lot of good in that trailer... and some other things that can be improved.

Compared to '08 though, this trailer focuses on the fundamentals of basketball and really show the improvement going into this title. Should be exciting.

# 48 23 @ 06/20/08 10:51 AM
When are you heading that way Pared?

# 49 Pared @ 06/20/08 10:53 AM
The event is next week. I'm pretty sure we'll play a later build than the one shot in this video.

# 50 CaptainZombie @ 06/20/08 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Looks alot smoother but also looks like it needs alot of work.

Saw Kobe's sig jumper in there, looked just like 2k's kboe's J too, that's encouraging if they did it for all of the guys like 2K did.

More interested to see if they really fix the physics and animations, and if they really do add the things the devs are talking about on the EA boards then i'll buy this Live
Dre, I think that EA has finally realized they can't rest on their name anymore selling titles. Peter Moore imo I think is starting to try and shake things up over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
There was a lot of good in that trailer... and some other things that can be improved.

Compared to '08 though, this trailer focuses on the fundamentals of basketball and really show the improvement going into this title. Should be exciting.
I can't wait to hear your thoughts after next week's event.

# 51 23 @ 06/20/08 11:11 AM
Hopefully Candy, Hopefully...

Pared... do your thing with Mike if you see him.

Tell those guys to fix those bad physics and get rid of the trash can sound on the dunks.

# 52 SageInfinite @ 06/20/08 12:20 PM
The detail on the players looked really good.

# 53 tech99 @ 06/20/08 09:02 PM
wow, that looks very good. this is good news since the 2k trailer was so dissapointing imo. some fake footage of kevin garnett and then 3 seconds of gameplay that looks exactly like 2k8 .... seriously, was that suppose to get me pumped up for 2k9 ? looks like live is improving though, and we get a trailer of actual gameplay that looks better then 08. ill definitely be buying live this year instead of 2k, unless they really pull something amazing out of their ***. i popped 2k in the other day, and wow i honestly cant play another second of it. im not sure what it is about that game, i use to love it but now it pisses me off more then anything in the world. its strange how i used to be a huge 2k fanboy, but i totally HATE it now. madden totally sucks though, i wish we could bring back 2k football, it was near perfect. 2k baseball is also better, but the nhl games both arent very good imo. but yeah im getting off topic

# 54 texbuk84 @ 06/21/08 01:09 AM
looks good but does it play good?

# 55 edubbs @ 06/22/08 09:26 AM
I'm really interested in seeing how all of the new animations Beluba and co. added look in 5 on 5 play.

Live's signature moves in 08 were the best in the business and looked VERY realistic IMO. I also like how their signature moves were all pretty much perimeter oriented and very simple to execute.

Now, I'm hoping that the rest of the game catches up with their signature moves packages animation wise.

# 56 Eddie1967 @ 06/22/08 12:17 PM
Looks good. Graphics are nice and the arena looks a lot better. More lighting? Big 2k8 fan but I want this game to be good. I want there to be 2 good basketball games. Hopefully this is the year.

# 57 Muzyk23 @ 06/22/08 04:49 PM
Animations are still f@#$% up in my opinion.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.