Home
News Post

The NCAA Football 09 demo is available. Let us know what you think.

NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Rocky @ 06/19/08 12:01 PM
I'll have to wait to the game comes out to decide about the pass rush and nanos. I got pressure with my front 4 with against the CPU, but in the two games I've played I was only sacked once by a DL(I actually rolled out to him). Most of the time, I had all day to throw.

Sliders should help though. Overall, it seems like a solid game.

# 122 ehh @ 06/19/08 12:06 PM
I don't own a 360 anymore so I haven't followed NCAA 09's development at all so pardon me if this has been addressed...

How's the touch passing? Fixed/improved from 08?

# 123 NC State-31 UNC-27 @ 06/19/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Am I the only one reading everyone's impressions and only reading the bad (cons) parts about the game? LOL, you guys here are making me a cynical old man.
I'm doing the same thing, not even sure why. I think I'm still bitter about the past couple of years...just looking for reasons to be disgusted with '09 already

# 124 JBucc @ 06/19/08 12:09 PM
Pros

-Game moves extremely nice. I thought it would feel to fast but it's really good and the animations look much smoother than I expected.

-Looks very good overall. Player models are great.

-Only had two fumbles so far in four games.

-Seems to be a good number of new plays

-The wide open gameplay seems to be more wide open from sideline to sideline and not necessarily tons of big plays, though I did have an 80+ yard run from Wells which was nice to see with the concerns of no big running plays.

Cons

-The crowd looks kind of bad. It really stands out when the camera sweeps over the crowd at the beginning of a game.

-Commentary is same old same old, but I think we all expected that and it's easy to ignore them.

-I still had a couple of ints I thought should have been completed. My receiver had a couple yards on the CB but he warped into place and picked it off.

-The CPU QB never takes sacks. The second you get close to him he just chucks it up for easy picks.

Overall I really like it and it's a nice improvement over last year. I think I'll definitely buy it.

And to think Madden looks even better.

# 125 Skyboxer @ 06/19/08 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't own a 360 anymore so I haven't followed NCAA 09's development at all so pardon me if this has been addressed...

They said it was fixed and much easier to put touch on passes. Check out the Q/A threads...

# 126 Brandwin @ 06/19/08 12:13 PM
So how is the QB quick snapping is it as bad as we thought?

# 127 bad_philanthropy @ 06/19/08 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Man I hope the CPU attempts bombs in this game. That was one of my pet peeves of last year.
I had the CPU (LSU) throw a bomb on me with the score 0-0 on the second play of the game. Mind you I was controlling the SS and was on a blitz assignment, but still, imagine my surprise just as I get to the QB he launches a deep ball, my corner did manage to keep pace with the LSU receiver and made a desperation play to bat the ball out of the receiver's hands.

Mostly what caught me off guard about this was that after all the impressions and the fact that this had to be "fixed" in Madden I didn't think it would be possible to see in NCAA. Have seen a couple deep-ish passes since but only the one true bomb.

# 128 JBucc @ 06/19/08 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

It's still not perfect, but it's much better than last year. I had two nice passes on corner routes that dropped right into the receiver's hands over the CB for TD's.

# 129 davin @ 06/19/08 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
It is certainly annoying to me, however with a 2 minute quarter demo, I can't fault the CPU for it so I take that into account. If it were a 8 minute quarter, it would bother me.

# 130 bowlerguy92 @ 06/19/08 12:20 PM
Wow this game is INCREDIBLE. It is unlike any other sports game I have played before......if Madden is anything like this, which it should be (even a bit more maybe), I'm going to be in heaven.

# 131 trick02 @ 06/19/08 12:23 PM
I dont understand ppl saying its easy to get picks and bring them back for TD. Its on varsity everything is to easy. Cant wait to check this game out on hiesman and see how it really plays.

# 132 Kevin26385 @ 06/19/08 12:25 PM
Just so you know the full game footage will be awhile..I have to compress them and upload them..Which takes awhile.

# 133 VWarrior @ 06/19/08 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
No, its not, at least not for me. I just finished another game and I was still able to make plenty of pre-snap adjustments. It was 3rd and 1 and I called a play expecting OSU to run with Wells. Before the snap, I noticed Beanie lined up as a receiver, called an audible and shifted my LBs, all before the ball was snapped.

I can understand if other people would like more time, but I felt I was given proper(realistic) time to adjust.

# 134 SidVish @ 06/19/08 12:36 PM
Quote:
Am I the only one reading everyone's impressions and only reading the bad (cons) parts about the game? LOL, you guys here are making me a cynical old man.
No I'm doing the same thing. I'm just going over my checklist:

CPU QB AI going deep and int prone?
Turnovers?
INTs returned for TDs?

But now I'm worried about the CPU QB being too accurate.

Either way I can't wait to play it tonight.

# 135 bkfount @ 06/19/08 12:38 PM
Quote:
You pick using the four face buttons now.
thank god.

I mostly only played this game with friends, so having them sit right there, and see which plays you picked last year was pretty lame.

# 136 bowlerguy92 @ 06/19/08 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copecowboy
dude its not really that much different than others to say its like nothing you played before, lol.
It's my opinion, don't belittle what I think of the game because you don't agree. FYI my first game was awesome. I got a quick TD then they followed up with one of their own a couple of drives later. I then win in the first round of OT!

# 137 nstod @ 06/19/08 12:42 PM
I rented '08, played about 2-3 games, took it back, and was disgusted. After 2 games of this, I LOVE it. It's just flat out fun for me. I don't know what it was about '08, but it just wasn't fun at all. I felt as though the crowd interaction is the best it's ever been. The crowd seems to accurately get louder and louder on big plays.

The single con is the ease at which both teams (human and CPU) can throw the ball. I'm hoping AA/Heisman with sliders can fix this, but you're better off throwing the ball every down at this point.

# 138 videobastard @ 06/19/08 12:43 PM
I do not see any big jump in 09 for gameplay. What i like about this year though is that they will have EA locker sort of like 2k share did for college hoops so people can download other peoples rosters.

# 139 KG @ 06/19/08 12:43 PM
Quote:
You're not alone. OS has corrupted me as well.

Some negative things i dont mind...like commentary. I always turn that off and with stadium sounds that should be make it even better.

# 140 coogrfan @ 06/19/08 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Just so you know the full game footage will be awhile..I have to compress them and upload them..Which takes awhile.
The effort is greatly appreciated.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.