Home
News Post

The official announcement isn't until tomorrow, but Kotaku has received a video from GameCinemaHD, showcasing the French phenomenon as the cover athlete for the next version of NBA Live. The video showcases some of Parker's moves and his various accolades -- oddly enough being married to Eva Longoria is left out, but I consider that an accolade as well.

Are you guys surprised that Parker was picked as the cover athlete?

And The NBA Live 09 Cover Athlete Is... [Kotaku]

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 hokupguy @ 06/25/08 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
Indeed it is my friend.

dam talk about putting your face on....

# 42 rebe1 @ 06/26/08 01:52 AM
People make custom covers??? Seriously??!?!?!

Anyways, lucky that my bball game (not Live....) is in my 360 pretty much 99% of the time, and the other 1% of the time is still not spent in the case, so it doesn't matter who's on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Oh man!! i Hate PARKER!!!

guess there will be alot of custom covers

# 43 StayPlation82 @ 06/26/08 02:17 AM
them 2k boys at it again...ya'll sad. really? grow up! like i really care who is on the cover of any game. like KG is so much better than TP, their stats are comparable. boy i tell ya the new wave of gamers are turning into some straight haters! WTF? did anyone big-up the dude for making the cover? Ya'll act like they gave it to Luke Longley, anyway, do ya thang Tony. turn these batches into jock riders!

# 44 23 @ 06/26/08 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyo06
what is a VLC player? where can i download the file. Sorry to sound like a noob but ive never heard of that player before

a player just like WM player and quicktime except it plays all formats...

you can also play the vids you want in slo mo, fast motion, and so on.

http://www.download.com/VLC-Media-Pl...-10267151.html

Trust me its worth it

# 45 StayPlation82 @ 06/26/08 02:31 AM
just realized that Parker wears the number 9, the game is '09 and the UK cover guy is Deng and he also wears 9, just a thought.

# 46 X*Cell @ 06/26/08 02:38 AM
Tony Parker on the cover?

Only thing Live has done right in years.

# 47 X*Cell @ 06/26/08 02:42 AM
after going back and reading the posts in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
“A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.”
QFT

# 48 Klocker @ 06/26/08 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by X*Cell
after going back and reading the posts in this thread...

QFT
perhaps but...

still doesn't mean that we want to stare at some Frog as we pull out our games.

hell Amare or Pierce please

# 49 Pared @ 06/26/08 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
just realized that Parker wears the number 9, the game is '09 and the UK cover guy is Deng and he also wears 9, just a thought.
lol I love reading some of the connections in the forums, man. Priceless. Good stuff. I mean that in a good way, too.

With that said, lots of guys are shocked by this announcement. From what I was told, Tony Parker is a ridiculous fan of NBA Live. Despite the fact that he was on the international cover, he really wanted to be on the cover for the US version of Live. So there ya go.

In terms of a cover boy... let's all be honest here, the cover boy has never STOPPED guys from buying the game... it's only going to possibly generate sales among a few individuals here and there who are on the fence (sadly). There aren't many guys who can be on the cover and generate sales worldwide by their picture alone... currently... possibly Kobe or Lebron... from the past... most definitely Jordan... but the amount of money necessary to license them isn't really worth it from a gamer's perspective.

Would you want a ton of money going to a superstar who most likely won't give valuable input towards a game and the funding of the game will suffer... just to make sales? Or would you prefer an All-Star year to year and that money going towards funding a better playing, more immersive version of NBA basketball?

# 50 X*Cell @ 06/26/08 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
lol I love reading some of the connections in the forums, man. Priceless. Good stuff. I mean that in a good way, too.

With that said, lots of guys are shocked by this announcement. From what I was told, Tony Parker is a ridiculous fan of NBA Live. Despite the fact that he was on the international cover, he really wanted to be on the cover for the US version of Live. So there ya go.

In terms of a cover boy... let's all be honest here, the cover boy has never STOPPED guys from buying the game... it's only going to possibly generate sales among a few individuals here and there who are on the fence (sadly). There aren't many guys who can be on the cover and generate sales worldwide by their picture alone... currently... possibly Kobe or Lebron... from the past... most definitely Jordan... but the amount of money necessary to license them isn't really worth it from a gamer's perspective.

Would you want a ton of money going to a superstar who most likely won't give valuable input towards a game and the funding of the game will suffer... just to make sales? Or would you prefer an All-Star year to year and that money going towards funding a better playing, more immersive version of NBA basketball?
QFT Part II

# 51 cyclone2426 @ 06/27/08 12:56 AM
I thought it was Ray Allen?!

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.