Home
News Post

A few weeks back we asked OS Forum members to submit questions for the FIFA 09 Production team. The first batch of questions have been answered by the FIFA 09 PS3 and Xbox 360 Producer, Dave Rutter. Dave has been kind enough to provide us with some very detailed answers for some pretty tough questions. For all of the answers check out our FIFA 09 Producer Interview.

Check back tomorrow when we'll be adding more FIFA 09 information including screenshots.

Update: Here is another interview with Dave that has been floating around Youtube today:

Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Acid @ 07/01/08 12:23 AM
I need to change my pants right now.

Quote:

Dave Rutter: We’ve got quick rematch in online if that’s what you mean?
For future reference (if there is another interview), a better way to word that would be a quick free kick in the middle of the field or on your side of the field.

# 2 ezekiel55 @ 07/01/08 12:37 AM
What about the lack of fouls?

# 3 poster @ 07/01/08 12:52 AM
Sounds awesome so far, but am also wondering about fouls!

# 4 therizing02 @ 07/01/08 01:10 AM
Thanks Steve. Hopefully in day two he'll start to answer the tough questions.

For example, I asked about the quick restarts and my question had nothing to do with online play. It's the quick free kick that players take after a foul or infraction had been committed. This is in PES and has always been there.

# 5 EXboxur @ 07/01/08 01:19 AM
I am glad to see that you are asking many of the questions we posted. Great job!

I agree about the fouls....er lack thereof. And yes, perhaps the question should have been worded quick free kicks instead of restarts. Sucks about the wall for free kicks, but what can ya do?

"toying with the idea of speed setting in options"

Don't "toy" with the idea....do it. And keep the normal speed setting the speed of 08. The more user options the better I say.

# 6 Bahnzo @ 07/01/08 01:21 AM
Yeah, I noticed he flubbed the quick restart question. Any soccer fan should get that.

That aside, and the fact we have nothing about the lack of fouls, I'm pretty pleased and even amazed by some of the things he talked about. Where to begin?

I like he said the speed would be between 08 and Euro. I'd be totally fine with that.

Tactics are cool, especially that we can now use custom tactics online. I hated not being able to use my own formations online.

Camera are now editable....very nice. Plus there's a "zoom out" for Be A Pro.

And, while I'm not sure about the defensive AI, he does seem to say they knew it was bad and have improved it. Whether this will help cut down on the "nose picking" by the defense while they watch balls skip by them in the box I guess we'll see. I'm taking his reply on that as a good thing.

Can I pre-order yet?

# 7 Blaxican8504 @ 07/01/08 01:49 AM
Well, I'm excited. I do wonder if the stats you accumulate online for Be a Pro will affect your ranking in some way though.

# 8 BrianFifaFan @ 07/01/08 02:30 AM
Loving most of it. Where are the Manager Mode questions? And I'm hoping that the CPU defense really is better, not just they now have "super goalies"
to cover for bad D AI. But I'm lovin' the injuries on headers. Cool. Refs on pitch, confirmed. What about celebrations,though? Kinda wanting that. Must have this game. Now..........

# 9 Bahnzo @ 07/01/08 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
What about celebrations
Oooh yeah. Celebrating on someone when you score a goal is great fun in Euro this summer....hope that makes it into FIFA.

# 10 thataussieguy @ 07/01/08 02:59 AM
I wonder how much of these "tactics" will actually come off in the game.... i got a couple of questions/ideas:

can we have the option to drive the ball in off the corner on the PS3 version like you could on Fifa 08 on PS2....using circle?

Instead of making it a "tactic" to send the keeper up in the last minutes of the game why just have the option to press L1 like Fifa 08 on PS2?

Not having the players so slow to react to everything from defence to attack like always getting in the way of each other ....and in attack when im pushing through with a midfielder why does my striker keep running offside even when im not pressing the button for him to make a run happens alot when im either just outside or on the 18 yard line or just infront of halfway?

make the refs consistant like the computer seems to get away with the majority of what i would call "soft" free kicks where as when i commit the same thing i get pulled up for it 9 times outta 10

Individualise free kicks to the player that takes them and to their style as in run up and technique i.e. C. Ronaldos dipping power drives....Beckhams placed curlers?

What about Nicolas Anelka's Hand celebration will be seeing this in 09?

Apart from those few .... i still have alot of questions but will just keep it to that at the moment.

# 11 BrianFifaFan @ 07/01/08 03:06 AM
Man, you just brought up something we have yet to see answered and is concerning that it isn't a "bullet point" selling pitch: handballs. Must not have made the cut. If so, bummer........

# 12 EXboxur @ 07/01/08 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Man, you just brought up something we have yet to see answered and is concerning that it isn't a "bullet point" selling pitch: handballs. Must not have made the cut. If so, bummer........
Yeah, I don't think handballs will be put back in FIFA. People probably complained too much about it costing them games and not being able to control a players hand blah blah blah. I'd love to see'em back, but I doubt it will happen.

I'd also like to be able to take the ball to the corner flag to kill off games, but I doubt we can do that. The players are too twitchy to navigate them to the corner flag and protect the ball there.

# 13 therizing02 @ 07/01/08 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Oooh yeah. Celebrating on someone when you score a goal is great fun in Euro this summer....hope that makes it into FIFA.
I read that this will be in there I just can't seem to find it now.

# 14 bdubya @ 07/01/08 10:43 AM
Seriously? He didn't know what you meant by quick restart?

# 15 bdubya @ 07/01/08 10:44 AM
And I've been playing Euro for about a week now, and I still haven't had one penalty called on the computer (except offsides)

# 16 hullisgod @ 07/01/08 11:07 AM
Ok, I live for these fifa games, and only ever really play manager mode. I have been waiting for something where manager mode is focused around a single created player, which it sounds like they have done with be a pro.

However, why can you only do 4 seasons?!?! Thats the worst news I have heard yet, 4 seasons, wtf?

# 17 JimmyDeicide @ 07/01/08 02:25 PM
Yeh , seems odd they would limit it to 4 yrs but thats still a lot of games if you play them all, throw in some internationals hopefully on top.
It may just make you play again with a different position, a defender perhaps? lets see you get a call up as a Centre half

# 18 ginola @ 07/01/08 03:46 PM
Can we get all the English Premier League stadiums, or all the stadiums for the greatest leagues in 360 and PS3 version?
White Hart Lane must be there please ;-)

# 19 ddtrane @ 07/01/08 04:04 PM
Can't wait for this puppy to be released.

# 20 lfcfan123 @ 07/01/08 04:56 PM
are they still selling their soul to the s*n? if thats what I have to have my name sprawled over in manager mode, then I'll still be going for PES. If not, then it may be the first time since 2002 that I have chosen FIFA first, looks like it could be a pretty good game

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.