Home
News Post

Like the links? Kick off some conversations about them, for crying out loud!Favre to the Jets huh? Well, the schedule sure does favor them. I just knew he'd be a Buc, interesting. Can he sign a one year deal, then become an unrestricted FA? How does that work?

Had to TIVO Hard Knocks last night, as Nat wanted to go to the pool. I'll be watching it tonight, was too exhausted.

What's up with you?
  • QOTD: How many wins will the Jets get this year?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!

Mjphillips (28), squaremarker (23), iamthemaster121 (19)

Member Comments
# 21 RaychelSnr @ 08/07/08 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
That's a good one. Let's see if I can't find another few:

Final drive of last year's super bowl...

Any time when a team is down and is driving for the win in football.

A neck and neck basketball game coming down to the last minute of play.

A tied baseball game coming into the 9th in a big game atmosphere.

The Daytona 500 where there are a couple laps left with a couple (or more) guys vying for the win.

The entire playoff of the US Open this year was quite exciting.

Federer/Nadal was way up there on the excitement list.

The fact of the matter is, every sport can be really exciting for those watching it. But when all a fan of a sport has to hang their hat on is watching guys work together as a team (something most sports share in common) and the last 10 minutes of the game, they are grasping at straws to make it exciting. I don't blame anyone for watching Soccer or for enjoying it. But it's not as appealing to American's and never will be. And for anyone to claim it is a better sport than any American sport because of the reasons cited above is...just not that convincing.
Ok, so we don't highjack this thread too much (and because I believe a vote of the masses is the only way to solve this) please vote and comment on today's frontpage poll stating your cases.

# 22 mgoblue @ 08/07/08 06:40 PM
I don't find soccer to be boring like most Americans, but I've also played it so I know the nuances and respect the game more.

That being said, I can't stand regular season baseball. The games are amazingly boring and slow, the games take 3-4 hours, and the individual game doesn't mean a thing in the big picture (162 game season)...

Playoff baseball I'm totally into, but I can't watch more than a few minutes of meaningless regular season baseball before I fall asleep and start drooling. I don't want to see 2 minutes of a pitcher picking his nose or the 1st baseman fondling his crotch. So much down time it's not funny.

# 23 Husker_OS @ 08/07/08 06:45 PM
I'd say OT in the NHL playoffs is the most exciting thing in pro sports. I'm not even a big hockey fan but I love watching the playoffs.

# 24 mgoblue @ 08/07/08 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
I'd say OT in the NHL playoffs is the most exciting thing in pro sports. I'm not even a big hockey fan but I love watching the playoffs.
I agree 100% with you on this one...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.