Home
Madden 09 News Post

In what is quickly becoming both the OS Staff's dog on Madden day, Rob Fetter checks in today with a look at why Madden's online modes are disappointing and what it will take to rectify the situation. Check out his thoughts in his article, We Need More From Madden Online.

Quote:
"Online Leagues. Really that’s it? When online leagues were announced originally, I thought that was enough -- at least it’s something new that we haven’t had before with Madden. I’ve been conditioned by EA to just take my little additions they add, thank the company, and move on to be happy with saying, “it’s a step, maybe next year.” But I don’t think that I can do that when it comes to Madden this year. "

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ram209 @ 08/19/08 03:11 PM

Not only are they 5 years behind 2k, you cant even call it a league its really a tournament!

# 2 onebmf044 @ 08/19/08 03:23 PM
I posted a thread earlier this week about this very thing. Why can we not get a franchise mode instead of the boring leagues? A franchise is where it is at

# 3 labguy @ 08/19/08 03:38 PM
"In Madden where there is no competition, it has taken EA longer to do less."

Amen!!! I can't believe the flagship title Madden does not have an online franchise feature and baby brother NCAA does. LOL. I am sure EA has big meeting to lay out a 3-5 yr plan on what new features to add each year. How they have avoided any real online features of substance is beyond me. Of course being the only NFL title in town helps. The sheep that we are we keep lining their pockets.

# 4 Ruffy @ 08/19/08 04:25 PM
I could care less about the 2k whining about what we dont have...your game doesn't exist so you don't have that either.

If Madden next year copies NCAA online dynasty and has their own online franchises (with trades, fantasy draft, nfl draft and FA signings) then the game will truly be epic....until then its good...maybe great but not epic.

NCAA has been great so far with myself and a friend who lives many miles away playing through a dynasty and chatting it up in the lobby while we recruit and sim any games...are only NCAA wish is if we could get hired and fired like offline.

# 5 hoodlum10 @ 08/19/08 07:19 PM
i think the online leagues are terrible and near impossible to keep running with evrybody active but as far as gameplay is concerned, i like madden more than ncaa

# 6 musHA @ 08/19/08 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
I could care less about the 2k whining about what we dont have...your game doesn't exist so you don't have that either.

If Madden next year copies NCAA online dynasty and has their own online franchises (with trades, fantasy draft, nfl draft and FA signings) then the game will truly be epic....until then its good...maybe great but not epic.

NCAA has been great so far with myself and a friend who lives many miles away playing through a dynasty and chatting it up in the lobby while we recruit and sim any games...are only NCAA wish is if we could get hired and fired like offline.
True Fanboy right here!!! Then you guys wonder why EA continues to sell you guys beta copies with numerous glitches like freezing, wide receiver direct snap, and disconnecting just to name a few. You guys need to wake up and realize you the consumers paying $60 bucks are being rip offed.

# 7 jiggsaw @ 08/19/08 08:09 PM
Did Ian ever post a response to the terrible online leagues? I agree... it is a major disappointment for such a major game. The Madden series should be getting the new, innovative, and robust features first.

# 8 Complex @ 08/19/08 09:01 PM
I thought online leagues would be a REAL ONLINE LEAGUE. What a huge letdown.

# 9 sportyguyfl31 @ 08/19/08 09:05 PM
So this is what..the 2nd or 3rd article about whats lacking in this game after this site gave the dang thing a 8.5?

# 10 Ruffy @ 08/19/08 09:21 PM
No fanboy here....i own all the 2k football games and madden since it started....i prefer Madden so kill me....if Madden ever died and 2K was just left...i wouldnt be whining about the days of Madden all the time....

Sometimes the whining sounds like the stories of the old days your grandparents tell you....in my day icecream was nickel.....and we all had our own horse....thise days are over...

Leagues were a huge letdown but i play Madden offline exclusively....if it had online franchises I'd play it online alot too like my NCAA...calling me a fanboy is laughable....I buy the best game I can every year for what i want to play...

I'm not rich by no means but I've wasted more than $60 bucks on something crap before so if a game is crap after i buy it....i trade it in and move in.

But yeah im a fanboy of good games....

# 11 texbuk84 @ 08/19/08 10:22 PM
madden is a great game graphically and it plays really well. unfortunely these few errors are too hard to overlook. i can't wait for TNA WRESTLING BABY AND NBA 2K9

# 12 spursfan @ 08/20/08 12:33 AM
This is why I'm not buying madden this year. Even though I know its a better game, I primarily play online. Since they haven't fixed the problems with disconnects(you have to finish against the cpu to get your win). If I wanted to play the cpu, I'd be playing offline. It always kills me from people that I know love football, always give madden a pass.

# 13 teebee @ 08/20/08 01:04 AM
yep, time to just play nba 2k, this series is cooked

Same game for 15 years

# 14 TCF @ 08/20/08 02:15 AM
the online game is affected by weather and the weather makes the game even more laggy than the regular online game. while playing online is fun the leagues are ok but i would rather see madden have a franchise mode like nfl hc. if they make hc with online leagues.. im done with madden then.

# 15 DaveDQ @ 08/20/08 07:56 AM
Doesn't this belong in the impressions thread?

# 16 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/20/08 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
In what is quickly becoming both the OS Staff's dog on Madden day, Rob Fetter checks in today with a look at why Madden's online modes are disappointing and what it will take to rectify the situation. Check out his thoughts in his article, We Need More From Madden Online.
I'm sorry, but I say screw the online, I Love Madden offline like many others, we need offline fixes like then CPU QB snapping the ball in 2 seconds. Sorry for my rant, but this issue really bother me.

# 17 TDKing @ 08/20/08 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeStrangeSin
i agree completely. i beg for a online dynasty mode. could you imagine how much fun that would be if they didnt screw it up like leagues this year? that be a instant pre order for me.
Please give us a fully functional ONLINE FRANCHISE next year with ALL of the same options as the offline franchise (alla NCAA). And one more important thing, allow us to have Humans play as the CPU team in our franchise games. This is important ! We must be able to invite a user to take control of a CPU team in our games vs the CPU.

# 18 lynkraid @ 08/20/08 12:03 PM
Well I'm very sure of one thing, the big feature for Madden 2010 will be 11v11 online play, Madden will have to follow suit with all other major sports games. Or at least make a 5v5 or something (no one plays as lineman?).

Least I haven't bought a Madden next gen game unless its used and cost under $5 at gamestop (there never worth even that much lol), unlike others here who still says its sucks but yet comes crawling back to EA every year to feed EA $60 for a game not worth $20.

# 19 Ruffy @ 08/20/08 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
Well I'm very sure of one thing, the big feature for Madden 2010 will be 11v11 online play, Madden will have to follow suit with all other major sports games. Or at least make a 5v5 or something (no one plays as lineman?).

Least I haven't bought a Madden next gen game unless its used and cost under $5 at gamestop (there never worth even that much lol), unlike others here who still says its sucks but yet comes crawling back to EA every year to feed EA $60 for a game not worth $20.
Please god do not do this......tell me they are not wasting time on this.

I have marginally played RTTS and im sure I'll try Be a Pro on NHL 09 but play it religiously....yeah right?

The online community has too many dipshats and feckterds to be any fun.

# 20 TDKing @ 08/20/08 05:52 PM
11 on 11 would be a total flop. Don't waste your time on this feature. Would not work well in a football game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.