Home
News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K9 official gameplay trailer.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Parasight @ 09/19/08 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Yeah that must be it.

Honestly though... it's just an observation and people can "act a fool" all they want over a trailer. They're the ones buying the game to do what they want with it. I get more excited over the intricacies and little nuances.
Really? No, seriously: Really?

If you didn't see nuances and intricacies in that trailer, you must not have played some sort of enhanced version of 2K8. Because like 90% of that introduced animations I've never seen before, on top of the little things.

Billups looks back on a fast-break, almost as an insult to his defender. LeBron's "whoops-too-high" ducking on the alley-oop as the ball bounces off his head. Ray Allen's behind-the-back crossover. Jamal Crawford's "pick-up-the-ball" crossover. The crowd reaction to that Iggy alley at the end was PRICELESS. KG's smooth spin-and-hook into the heart of the D. And the millions of Pierce adjusted layups, that show off the new in-air collision.

There's a lot in a short period of time. Sure it's flashy, but why can't it be informative and flashy? That trailer has given me more information on how the game moves as a whole, than any written preview has. I'm seeing the game function, which is helluva lot more than we've been given in the past two months.

Don't be a Debbie Downer.

# 102 Muzyk23 @ 09/19/08 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
The graphics engine has not improved one bit (barely a notch above PS2 graphics) and there are way too many "streetball-And1" moves.

# 103 jmood88 @ 09/19/08 04:37 PM
Quote:
I can't say that I'm impressed. The graphics engine has not improved one bit (barely a notch above PS2 graphics).
That's a lie.

# 104 Rebel_INS @ 09/19/08 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
You know that Jamal move was 2 moves spliced together right?

He goes from a fast break vs. Gordon(Deng), Gooden, and Noah.. and when it does the 2nd part of the move, he's in a half court setting vs Deng, Gooden, and Hinrich, with newly viewable teammates Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph..

Yeah man! I was on the jack with my dude telling him about it and I was like "wait...he hop-stepped twice.....ooohhhh...it's just 2 clips blended 2gether 4 effect". Cause I was like, what kinda funky travel was that!? lol

Maaan! It's over!!!

# 105 Parasight @ 09/19/08 04:41 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ag=videos;hd;1

For those who wish to DL or watch in HD.

# 106 Rebel_INS @ 09/19/08 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
That's a lie.
I wouldn't even dignify that dude's post with a reply man...

But like I always say...everyone's entitled 2 their opinion.................................regardless of how wrong they may be!

Thanx Parasight

# 107 Stumbleweed @ 09/19/08 04:44 PM
Wow, the skin textures look great in the higher-resolution video. That shot with KG raising his arms early on looks phenomenal, as does Pierce.

# 108 Bornindamecca @ 09/19/08 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I wouldn't even dignify that dude's post with a reply man...
I was going to BEG people not to respond to that post. Then I thought "nah, they won't take that bait".

Wrong

# 109 DC @ 09/19/08 04:46 PM
The two Jamal moves for anyone that doesn't follow Jamal

# 110 ThaGenecyst @ 09/19/08 04:46 PM
Quote:
(barely a notch above PS2 graphics)

WOW.

...wow. Are you serious?

# 111 trobinson97 @ 09/19/08 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Wow, the skin textures look great in the higher-resolution video. That shot with KG raising his arms early on looks phenomenal, as does Pierce.
Cosign, was just about to comment on that. Just watched the trailer two more times, they really did a nice job on the skin textures.

# 112 eko718 @ 09/19/08 04:50 PM
I noticed Elton Brands head looks to be the proper size as opposed to the shrunken size in the teaser trailer.... lol

# 113 leo2k2ndc @ 09/19/08 04:55 PM
That has got me HYPED!!!!!, This is the most excited I've been for a game in a while, It's gonna be dissappointing tho I feel because You can do only so much to a games gameplay year o year

# 114 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/19/08 05:00 PM
Good trailer. Nice work you did, MC. Appreciate all the work you've been doing for 2K man. Keep up the good work.

# 115 trobinson97 @ 09/19/08 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
Is everyone on this forum like 10 years old? Everyone keeps talking about relieving themselves from this video...Does not make any sense and it's really immature. Also, this is just a trailor...Can we atleast wait til' the demo?

Lol, dude you are funny. First you bring up a subject that has been dead for a minute. You get mad about people noticing sliding in the game then you get indignant when people are excited. Calm yo self down and let people be.

# 116 Tha_Kid @ 09/19/08 05:03 PM
More HD Links & Screens from the Trailer

The gamespot link isn't HD unless you're a paying subscriber.

# 117 DakkoN @ 09/19/08 05:04 PM
It seems my man the Raptors mascot didn't get the memo about the jerseys having red on the sides.. Him and the Hawks mascot from last year need to get together and have a late-to-the-party party

# 118 ifuxwitu @ 09/19/08 05:09 PM
Dude is pure comedy....let him have his moment

# 119 Bornindamecca @ 09/19/08 05:09 PM
Quote:
What...can't take a different opinion? You mad?

It's just a damn video game. Unless you own stock in Take-Two, there's no reason for you to get all 'sensitive' about this. Jeez.

I'm not impressed with 2K9 at all.....(bleeping) sue me! It's my own opinion.

I guess when it comes to NBA 2K....some people are just blind sheep.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
I don't think you're equipped to get me mad. Your post had a few bulletpoints that I knew would discourage discussion, and encourage insults, flaming and return hyperbole.

You have the freedom to dislike 2k just as much as you have the freedom to express yourself in a respectful and intelligent matter. Too bad you picked the former, but not the latter as well.

# 120 trobinson97 @ 09/19/08 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
People just need to be on a even keel. People freak out about things that arent proven and jump to conclusions. Bottom line this game will not get any worse...It will only get better...People just need to enjoy what features are going to be in the game instead of nitpicking.

That's life broheim. You can't dictate other people's emotions, only your own.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.