Home
News Post

We've just posted another NBA 2K9 video. This is part 2 from the Association mode. Bedtime, enjoy.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 XavierVE @ 09/24/08 03:18 AM
Yeah, they had the lottery in real-time for 2K8 too.

Liked:
- Loved that free agents will now say they want to test the free agent market. I hope there's some parameters behind that and it's not just random. I'm not sure why Ryan Hollins, of all people, would want to test free agency but hopefully there's an actual reason behind the decision in the AI.

- You can fire people now as an option. Yay. I would have liked to have seen the video fire Larry Brown and then see if he's available to be hired by another team. I really hope that the firings done by the CPU mid-season and available to do in the off-season don't make those coaches unable to be hired.

- It's shiny menu time.

- Bird rights! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Disliked:
- I hit pause to see the headlines at the end. Apparently the Blazers signed Stephon Marbury to a 3 year, 18 million dollar deal. Yeah. Right. That. Would. Ever. Happen. The AI's ability to judge what players they need in free agency looks to be as haphazard as it has been in previous years. Blah.

- In free agency signing, it didn't tell you how much over/under the cap you are. Sure, you can click through to another area for that information but why they couldn't fit it into the negotiation screen is kind of nutty.

# 22 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/24/08 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
As good as the Beastie Boys are, when I heard "Sofa King" I nearly shat myself.

DOOOOOOOOM!!!
wait wut MF Doom also has a song in this game!!!(didnt see vid)

# 23 ghettog @ 09/24/08 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
The new looks is pretty sick but all the off season stuff are identical to last year's game .
Not true its not indetical to last year.Well I noticed the bird rights as a factor. And then players not resigning with you to test the FA market so yeah not indentical. He really didnt test FA signing he skipped that part so who knows how the AI changed there in terms of where players rather play. Well actually according to 2k they have with ambitions as in money, winning, loyalty. I noticed the mention unrestricted FA's in the video. Which you would think might mean there's restricted FA's. Would be intersting to see if the players could get offer sheets and if you could match them. Then again the guy that opted for FA was low rated so I doubt anyone signed him.

I hope they didnt mess up though and not allow you to use bird rights on someone that opted to test the FA market like Steve Nash. I remember last year if you didnt resign your player during that 1 week resigning period you couldnt go over the cap to resign them in th FA period which was not how the NBA is. So I hope they fixed that this year with the inclusion of bird rights and testing the FA market.

# 24 Nodima @ 09/24/08 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
wait wut MF Doom also has a song in this game!!!(didnt see vid)

Word, should of dipped into his Viktor days though I get you gotta use what's popular. If they had anything under his Geedorah alias I'd **** myself....

I'm liking these new 2-year options, I'm going to be abusing the team version of that.

# 25 South525455 @ 09/24/08 11:19 AM
DOOM!!! Anyone else really liking the music this year?

# 26 DC @ 09/24/08 11:21 AM
Hopefully next year we can get some sort of Summer League and Training Camp options

# 27 Jukeman @ 09/24/08 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Thanks Steve!!

Best Franchise mode yet in a sports game. WOW!! So much to do. I'm drooling with anticipation.
LOL maybe ONE of the best, have you played NFL HEADCOACH09???

# 28 tehova @ 09/24/08 05:11 PM
Grizzlies cant even win the lottery in the video game

*kicks monitor*

# 29 kenzil @ 09/24/08 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Hopefully next year we can get some sort of Summer League and Training Camp options
agreed! Probably won't be using training camp again this year bcuz you cannot manually perform and the players improve waaaay too much.

# 30 Jukeman @ 09/24/08 05:29 PM
imagine this.....CH2K8's ABL becomes NBA summer league!!!

# 31 RumbleCard @ 09/24/08 05:37 PM
They have the minor league teams in the baseball game. I'd love to have the ability to stash developing talent on a d-league team.

# 32 chance @ 09/24/08 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
They have the minor league teams in the baseball game. I'd love to have the ability to stash developing talent on a d-league team.
You and me both.

# 33 DC @ 09/24/08 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
agreed! Probably won't be using training camp again this year bcuz you cannot manually perform and the players improve waaaay too much.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...planation.html

# 34 mvb34 @ 09/24/08 08:15 PM
I don't like the Training Camp in 2K, Why do I need obtain points to run a good training camp..

# 35 Salhus @ 09/24/08 10:58 PM
I wish Training camp could have very rare cases when a player gains a lot of attribute points..Ex. CP3..Agent Zero

# 36 LutherHeadJob @ 09/25/08 03:10 AM
Yea Gasol for a packet of chips would not even happen in live

# 37 Nodima @ 09/25/08 05:18 AM
Signings might be kind of random in the NBA, but the Blazers just drafted two young point guards in the past 3 years and have a team focused on TEAM - Marbury's nickname is Starbury. The Blazers wouldn't sign this person, IMO.

# 38 RumbleCard @ 09/25/08 11:48 AM
Well you can now edit contracts so that signing wouldn't have been an issue. Unless you can only edit your own contracts?

# 39 Streets @ 09/25/08 02:55 PM
Put me in the camp of, this is VERY similar to last year's association and not really worth the "2.0" moniker.

That said, I LOVED last years association, played it consistently the entire year up until this month. SO, even small updates like the NBA.com stories, Bird rights, etc. will make it that much better for me.

# 40 aaronlive01 @ 09/25/08 03:55 PM
can you actually work out your rookies before you draft them like do drills and 5 on 5

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.