Home
News Post

Da_Czar is back again with more goodies for your anklebreaker grab bag. Check out Czarisode 3 for NBA Live 09 and let us know what you think.

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Da_Czar @ 09/26/08 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freecss
Czar! I wouldn't wanna play you online. You'd break my ankles each and every time. Damn, you got the moves locked down. I bet you can do all those moves with ease. I created a UK account the other day to download the demo for PS3 and was working on the basics from Czarisode 2 and was having some trouble with it. LOL. I'm won't be ready for Czarisoe 3 as the prerequisite requires for me to learn Czarisode 2 first. LOL. Thanks again for the video. Great work as always!
HAha thanks freecss... and everyone who stopped in to say whats up. glad your having a good time with the vids that whats its all about.

# 22 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/26/08 01:16 AM
Wtf is up with the hesitation behind the back dribble paul pierce is doing. Isnt that a carry, he basically palming the ball in and out while shuffling he feet at the same time and then dribbling behind back

# 23 23 @ 09/26/08 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks Dre I had a lotta more but mrs Czar said it was just too much. I had it broke down in different sections so I mixed some together just to fit it all in. I guess I can go a lil overboard with the teaching aspect. There are a crapload of moves and I wanted to get em all in...

But there is only so much a guy can sit through in one setting. I need some different teams to I have played this demo to death...LOL

There are other moves you can only do with right trigger pressed and running full speed I left those out ..

there are also some nice moves when you stop pressing the left stick forward just in time to hold the right stick in a direction... a sick studder step joint there. It's really crazy... I think that's it for the ankle breaker series though you guys can certainly find the rest between experimentation and the written tutorial that rich put together.

Believe me man you've inspired me to work on this stuff some more because I started doing it after your last Czarisode.

I know its only so much you can do with one/two teams, which is why I was telling WT I can't wait to see the other teams out there.

PP isn't the fanciest ball handler either... but that move you did with Kobe, I can tell you mastered this stuff because you chained it together without a hitch and you have to be pretty good to do that... that was so smooth

Im sure you got EA a couple of converts ... as for me, Im off to watch it again

EA give this man a job!

# 24 23 @ 09/26/08 01:47 AM
Oh OH Czar, Czar

How did you do it man, how did you do it?

I was trying to figure this one out the other day.

The dribble between the legs while going backwards. I could do it once, but not continually like you did.

HOW DID YOU DO IT?

This system is ridiculous fellas. Its plain old ridiculous. I wonder if EA even knew how extensive this could be.

# 25 burnshroom @ 09/26/08 02:25 AM
Dear EA --

Travel!!!

Travel!!!

Travel!!!

That so called hesitation "ankle breaker" you guys have animated is a straight up palming the ball "using your dribble to get an advantage over the defender" straight from the NBA handbook carry.

Unless Tim Donoughy is your in game referee.

# 26 richmo @ 09/26/08 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Oh OH Czar, Czar

The dribble between the legs while going backwards. I could do it once, but not continually like you did.

HOW DID YOU DO IT?

This system is ridiculous fellas. Its plain old ridiculous. I wonder if EA even knew how extensive this could be.
I can possibly chime in while he's gone...

While moving backwards, flick RS to the opposite ball hand, while still holding back on the LS. As soon as the ball enters his other hand, flick it back to the other side. It's harder telling you with words, but that's all there really is too it. I don't know if holding it after flicking to the other hand works just as well like other moves, though, but basically moving backwards while flicking the stick in rhythm should hopefully do it for you.

# 27 stizz @ 09/26/08 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemonster
The demo is okay, the EA team is trying this time. There still behind 2k not because of gameplay ppl sometimes dont realized that 2k pays attention to presentation and detail. I believe thats really the difference in the two games because just watching the relays in live nothing is said sometimes and half time is nothing huge even during the start up of the game. I think Live should use the ESPN videos as commerials during half time or something or even time outs. During the start of an actual game they should use the NBA Academy as warming up while Mav and Kerr talk about the teams. Or key players which you should control at this time. ( use dynamic camera angles during this)

So here it its....

In Game Additons

1. Practice inside the game just like FIFA 09 does in there demo while start up and presentation.

2. Use ESPN Live Video as commerials or other game previews during half time. optional turn off. 10 to 20 second time to show something new. LIKE NBA.COM'S TOP TEN PLAYS

3. Use ESPN Ticket in game so l can play and see whats going on inside of options.

3. Change the stadium annoucer to a more up beat one like in real life aka the black guy in the Pistons game.

4. Use new camera angels in Replay instead of the ball.

5. Find a way to use sweat on the Jerseys.

6. Use NBA Academy online games like 21 or around the world.

7. Show when ppl need to be substitued like motion capture. Make it real like madden if you dont get your key dude a blow then he is going to be angel breaked cause fouls.

8. Include intentional foul button again which will allow really hard ones. And this always allows you to foul someone without the ball.

9. Use a shading effect on the backboard when pushing sqaure to create a diffcult shot.

And if you want more stay tuned Peace out Czar has nothing on me....seriously
I didn't know this was the wishlist/impressions thread.

# 28 bls @ 09/26/08 04:57 AM
Any way to embed this video?

# 29 İroke @ 09/26/08 05:51 AM
You did it again Czar.

I was playing yesterday with player lock on. And I play 2 quarters every position with both teams. And I realize that this anklebreaker system its not alone (talking about deepness). The whole game is deep. You have many options in many areas of the game, just to adjust yourself to your style.

I can't wait to play the whole game

# 30 Da_Czar @ 09/26/08 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geemonster
The demo is okay, the EA team is trying this time. There still behind 2k not because of gameplay ppl sometimes dont realized that 2k pays attention to presentation and detail. I believe thats really the difference in the two games because just watching the relays in live nothing is said sometimes and half time is nothing huge even during the start up of the game. I think Live should use the ESPN videos as commerials during half time or something or even time outs. During the start of an actual game they should use the NBA Academy as warming up while Mav and Kerr talk about the teams. Or key players which you should control at this time. ( use dynamic camera angles during this)

So here it its....

In Game Additons

1. Practice inside the game just like FIFA 09 does in there demo while start up and presentation.

2. Use ESPN Live Video as commerials or other game previews during half time. optional turn off. 10 to 20 second time to show something new. LIKE NBA.COM'S TOP TEN PLAYS

3. Use ESPN Ticket in game so l can play and see whats going on inside of options.

3. Change the stadium annoucer to a more up beat one like in real life aka the black guy in the Pistons game.

4. Use new camera angels in Replay instead of the ball.

5. Find a way to use sweat on the Jerseys.

6. Use NBA Academy online games like 21 or around the world.

7. Show when ppl need to be substitued like motion capture. Make it real like madden if you dont get your key dude a blow then he is going to be angel breaked cause fouls.

8. Include intentional foul button again which will allow really hard ones. And this always allows you to foul someone without the ball.

9. Use a shading effect on the backboard when pushing sqaure to create a diffcult shot.

And if you want more stay tuned Peace out Czar has nothing on me....seriously
Gee monster welcome to the os Baby!! if you post this is the live 2010 wishlist thread a dev will be able to see it and there is a chance some of them could make it into a future version of live... some good ideas in there ...

# 31 Da_Czar @ 09/26/08 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Oh OH Czar, Czar

HOW DID YOU DO IT?

Haha Rich has you covered... I left that in there to see if yall knew that was there I know a lot of you did but I wanted to see.. I was trippin when I saw that .

just move back and go opposite ball hand in rhythm like Big Rich said and its all good.

My mind and sticks are one right now... lots of tape needed for the opposition..LOLOL

# 32 kwas676 @ 09/26/08 09:29 AM
The best part of QSAB is when you have a miss match once I had Scalabrine on Kobe my eyes just lit up i just wanted to school him so bad lol called a iso and made him look stupid. Nice Vid by the way Czar.

# 33 Gmoney2002 @ 09/26/08 10:18 AM
Man, the in and out hesistation ankle breaker looks smoooooth. Incredible job Czar. Dudes better come correct when they face you online.

# 34 meh @ 09/26/08 10:52 AM
does this mean the Czar is not doing his 2k videos now?

Surely 2k > Live????

# 35 amedawg00 @ 09/26/08 10:53 AM
Hope you put this much effort into your 2K9 vids when it drops. I have faith in you Czar. If ever someone was deserving of the moniker "Czar", it is you!!. Keep up the good work. I always bash Live, but everytime I watch one of your Czarisodes, that disgusting feeling I harbor towards Live dissipates immensely.

# 36 stephensonmc @ 09/26/08 11:24 AM
Czar, once again, FANTASTIC job!

Each week all of us on the NBA LIVE team can't wait to see what you come up with next!

# 37 23 @ 09/26/08 11:38 AM
Thanks Rich and Czar, I will be practicing tonight.

I went ahead and played a couple of games late last night just to see if I could use a few of these moves and I definitely got the opportunity to get to the bucket w/ Ray Allen. Thanks for the tips.

# 38 frostbyte06 @ 09/26/08 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Any way to embed this video?
Not really a need to, the link takes you to another section of this site. It doesn't take you to an external site, so there's nothing additional to sign up/register for to watch the vid. And Czar you know the biz, good job as always you have managed to drop my productivity at work

# 39 HAILAS @ 09/26/08 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh
does this mean the Czar is not doing his 2k videos now?

Surely 2k > Live????

probably not.
???
btw great vid ;>

# 40 blues rocker @ 09/26/08 12:23 PM
this is some pretty impressive stuff. Live's dribbling system is WAAAAAAAY better than 2k. you have almost no control of dribble moves in 2k, but live's looks very deep and very responsive. that is the advantage of being able to use the right stick for dribbling. live uses the right stick for dribbling, 2k uses it for shooting. i like live's set-up better.

2k's use of the right stick for shooting is totally redundant - you can already use a button to shoot, you don't need the right stick for shooting. as a result of the right stick being wasted on shooting, they have totally limited what they can do with dribbling. 2k needs to get rid of the shot stick and use the right stick for dribbling like live does. i was skeptical when i heard that 2k had decided to use the right stick for shooting and the dribbling would be tied to the left stick. i thought it would never work...and it didn't.

if you watch a video of 2k, the ball-handler never breaks down his man of the dribble. there are no one-on-one moves in 2k. it's all passing. they give you zero options to beat your man off the dribble. their dribbling system is so limited.

i have been an exclusive 2k player since 2k6, but i'm going with live this year. live has been so bad in past years that 2k didn't have to do much to make the better game. now live has stepped up and they have surpassed 2k in most parts of the gameplay.

live has a better post game, better dribbling, better shooting (you can actually shoot quick leaners, turn-arounds, and moving shots off the dribble), and better play-calling. the only thing they need to work on is defense and body contact so it's not so easy to score - if they improve that, then live will be better than 2k in every way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.