Home
News Post

We have just uploaded another NBA 2K9 video. This one featuring the Warriors @ Hornets.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DC @ 09/26/08 09:39 AM
Steven Jackson has a SLOW shot though, it really shouldn't be sped up

# 22 bizcanos @ 09/26/08 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
I never really payed attention to his shot but man I will have to watch it now.

# 23 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/26/08 09:44 AM
Man i hope they can speed up the players for playcallin and off ball controls.

CP3: Hey Peja set a pick
Peja: okay doakie (Peja walks to set a pick on Monte)
Monte: I see you (walks around Peja's pick)
Peja: ohh ****
Cp3: Damn you Peja (Peja walks away)

# 24 footballfanatic1 @ 09/26/08 09:47 AM
Looks real nice. Thanks Steve.

# 25 riDIRKulous41 @ 09/26/08 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That Maggette drive was nice but the suck-me-in animation on the 3-on-1 fast break was not cool.

I wish some of the animations were sped up. There is a Steven Jackson 3 ball around the 2:20 mark that looks so slow. Speeding up people's jumpers could cut down on blocked j's.
like its been said SJax shot is that slow

# 26 KG @ 09/26/08 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yeah he does have a set shot when he's wide open but in general the shot speed has always been too slow.

# 27 BigRan @ 09/26/08 10:14 AM
1st of all thanks for posting up the video, Steve....

Let me say that I really liked what I saw in this clip. As mentioned already the spin by Magettee was nice.

But what I really liked was the fast break at the end of the vidoe leading to the foul. I disagree a little bit with what is regarde to as "suction-blocking" because without it you would not be able to paly defense.

In the real NBA there is ALOT of contact.....very rarely do you see people attack the goal untouched. That is why Kobe, Dwayne Wade, AI, Lebron and other scorers are so great. They can finish drives/layups while taking contact!!!!.

In real life that fast break would have played out EXACTLY the same way. The position the defender had near the goal would warrant some contact and a foul.

The things about the fastbreak in theat clip that I love are these 2 things:

1) The offesive players spread out the court: It was a 3-on-1 break and ther was a player in the middle, left, and right side of the court.

2) The players ran the full lenght of the court: This for me was a big one........ How many frustratingly nerve-racking times have you seen a break in these games and the PG's/SG's stop on the perimeter... in thie clip they keep running. That is what makes the break so wonderful. By making a pass the offense could have changed the angle and forced the defender to have to make a more difficult play on the ball. This is real basketball folks.

Of course I liked the other things too...by far this is one of the better vidoes I have seen ands has gotten me excited to play this game.

# 28 DC @ 09/26/08 10:30 AM
Quote:
Yeah he does have a set shot when he's wide open but in general the shot speed has always been too slow.
Yea maybe in the future there can be a
Slow(er)
Fast(er)

Option for all sig shots and free throws in the player edit menus

# 29 laroche360 @ 09/26/08 10:37 AM
no question the game looks great so far,its kind of difficult so see the differences with 2k8 if u donīt play it by yourself,still.....ther e are too big issues that are bothering me, the generic shoes definetely sucks still the same since years ago,and those daimn same commentaries, is there not any way to fix it??even though Kenny is gone ,the new host still read those same scripts.that`s embarassing

# 30 Gmoney2002 @ 09/26/08 10:40 AM
Wow another vid thanks Steve very much appreciated...

Very encouraged to see the penetration by Maggette on Chandler off of the mismatch. Athough it seemed as though he didn't blow by him just merely got the layup off...

# 31 DC @ 09/26/08 10:53 AM
Around the 1:40 mark; Mo Pete does this layup for the score. The crowd cheered.

In 2K8, those shots done by the home team were wierd because the crowd would be DEAD silent after the shot went in

# 32 JWiLL02 @ 09/26/08 11:01 AM
Not too excited about the automatic dunk out of the post animations still being there, that's really not David West's game either.

Here's hoping he was only able to get it off because Harrington is weak in the post. I'd hate having Big Z posting on a great defender in 2k8 only for him to turn into the defense, push him back 6 feet and dunk on him with authority - all in one motion. Even Dirk was doing it.

# 33 DC @ 09/26/08 11:02 AM
Yea those automatic dunks do seem as though they are still there. I saw one with Shaq in the Suns/Nuggets video as well. They were still in 2k8 after being super cheesy in 2K7

# 34 Vast @ 09/26/08 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Not too excited about the automatic dunk out of the post animations still being there, that's really not David West's game either.
OK. what else is a wide open 6' 9" power forward suppose to do when hes under the basket then??

Some of u dudes never see the water in the cup.. let alone half full.

# 35 GSW @ 09/26/08 11:52 AM
Quote:
That Maggette drive was nice but the suck-me-in animation on the 3-on-1 fast break was not cool.

I wish some of the animations were sped up. There is a Steven Jackson 3 ball around the 2:20 mark that looks so slow. Speeding up people's jumpers could cut down on blocked j's.
yea, jacks jumper is HELLA slow in real life too.. realistic if you ask me...

# 36 GSW @ 09/26/08 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Wow another vid thanks Steve very much appreciated...

Very encouraged to see the penetration by Maggette on Chandler off of the mismatch. Athough it seemed as though he didn't blow by him just merely got the layup off...
but he sholdnt just "Blow by him"... tyson is a very quick very agile big man... hae you not watched him play?

its not like corey is flash gordon.. he got by him and layed it up.. what else do you want?

# 37 Tommyklaid @ 09/26/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laroche360
even though Kenny is gone ,the new host still read those same scripts.that`s embarassing

Haha...on a side-note...

I downloaded Live 09 and NBA 09 on the PSN Network a couple nights ago....love seein' the competition (although 2K's got in ON LOCK this year again)

...but anyway, Kenny Smith is the NEW color commentator on NBA 09.....I was like, "whoa!!...that was our old guy from 2K8!

(just thought I'd share a "WHOA" moment)

# 38 timotim19 @ 09/26/08 12:02 PM
Nothing against this video at all - thought it was great but, whoever thinks that the visuals of this game is going to come close to the visuals seen the those "other season" vids, has got the game twisted.

# 39 CelticBalla32 @ 09/26/08 12:07 PM
Excellent. Thanks again, Steve.

- That spin by Maggette was outstanding.
- Jackson's shot is spot on.
- The crowd blows me away each video.

11 days.

# 40 SageInfinite @ 09/26/08 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Nothing against this video at all - thought it was great but, whoever thinks that the visuals of this game is going to come close to the visuals seen the those "other season" vids, has got the game twisted.
Why's that?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.