Home
News Post

If you have the PC version of NBA 2K9, please post your impressions here.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mrdan @ 10/22/08 04:07 PM
The crowd looks like total @#$@# on low. I wish you could just turn them off. I wouldn't mind playing in an empty gym over stands full of a bunch of pixels. (on my laptop)

# 42 SoxFan01605 @ 10/22/08 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfindon
From what I saw, people already tweaked the jerseys so they're more accurate and changed the color of stuff. Not bad for two days.
No, not bad at all. I'll just have to watch and see for a bit, I guess.

# 43 Scarfather @ 10/22/08 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfindon
From what I saw, people already tweaked the jerseys so they're more accurate and changed the color of stuff. Not bad for two days.
What is the name of the site where we can see this? I've tried searching and found nothing.

# 44 driz14 @ 10/22/08 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarfather
What is the name of the site where we can see this? I've tried searching and found nothing.
When and if mods become available they will be here:

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewforum.php?f=86

and

http://www.nbavg.org/forum/

# 45 e0820 @ 10/22/08 09:23 PM
First off here is my system specs
Dual Core 3.0ghz
1gb RAM
XFX Nvidia 7600 GT XXX
Resolution (ingame) 1680
Most settings High
No AA

Have to say WOW, graphics are amazing!! I was really impressed.
It wasnt the smoothest on my PC, but it played pretty good
Sound was good
Crowd was amazing
I havent played the 360 version but everything seemed on par meaning the crowd was moving, you would get the blur effect, the player models looked very good.

I need to play more then 2 quarters but after 2 the score was 27-27 on default settings

# 46 epiquestions @ 10/23/08 02:09 AM
What are the differences between the pc and the xbox360/ps3 version?

Some say it is a 360 port so I assume that all the features in 360 are available in the PC version as well. I checked their site and there are differences in the features bet 360/ps3 and pc versions. can anyone confirm this?

ie shotstick advanced. in 360 but not mentioned in PC features

# 47 PhiPsi1 @ 10/23/08 03:15 AM
@ Boge

Would greatly appreciate it if you could give us some impressions on "player-lock"...I'm a newly converted "player-lock" user, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to try it on nba 2k9 because of the dreaded 3rl disease...So out of pure coincidence and luck, we got the pc version out now...

just wanted to get your thoughts or anyone's thoughts on it...thanks!

# 48 fearwhatnow @ 10/23/08 03:16 AM
This is by far the best sports pc game ever created.gameplay,presentation,graphics...omg!quad core 6600,geforce 8800gt o\c,2gb ram,1680*1050 all high,players ultra high,multisampling 4x,quality 7****ns and plays perfect.some questions:1) Does game support 5:1 audio?commentary lowers in volume sometimes with 5 speakers.any solution?
2) Any pc sliders for 12min?hardcore sim fan here.can i use the xbox360 ones?
thanx!sorry for my poor english.

# 49 dragonsruleme @ 10/23/08 05:00 AM
The graphics are 10x better, I need a better controller though. The sprint button gets stuck and the analog sticks go in a square motion instead of a circle. I'm looking foward to the mods that come out in the upcoming months.

# 50 youvalss @ 10/23/08 09:47 AM
Can anyone check the DVD and see if it's a regular DVD or a 8.5GB DVD (Double Layer DVD)?

# 51 pdawg17 @ 10/23/08 11:07 AM
For people with good video cards:

Is gameplay supersmooth or is there some jerkiness at times? An example would be when running a fast break...do the players speed up/slow down a bit or is it "silky smooth"? I have a 7900GS and my FPS is over 30 but it jumps around a lot from 30-60 which gives the perception of jerkiness...

# 52 jfindon @ 10/23/08 11:09 AM
Try turning Vsync on... Mine stays at 75FPS mostly with it turned on, unless it's an an odd angle with the whole stadium+players in view (certain foul shot cameras), then it'll drop to 53ish.

# 53 Boge @ 10/23/08 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@ Boge

Would greatly appreciate it if you could give us some impressions on "player-lock"...I'm a newly converted "player-lock" user, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to try it on nba 2k9 because of the dreaded 3rl disease...So out of pure coincidence and luck, we got the pc version out now...

just wanted to get your thoughts or anyone's thoughts on it...thanks!
It's the best player-lock experience I've had in a basketball game. I love that they fixed the play diagrams on the floor. It now shows you what to do and where to go based on the player you're controlling, even if you don't have the ball. The other players also do more. They move around the floor more and pass to each other more. I'm not the only one scoring now, which is awesome.

I'm still sucking on defense though, and I'm not sure if it's a slider thing, or if my teammates are just dumb. I can't blame this on the player-lock though since it would be basically the same not player-lock. I'm only controlling one player either way.

In 2K8 I would go on coach mode when I was subbed out. It was kind of annoying because the auto subs seemed confused on when to take people out and when to leave them in. I'd find myself coming out of the game only to come back in on the next chance. That's not happening here. I'm in for the expected times, and subbed out normally. Coach mode is still there, but as far as I could tell, you can't just move the D-pad over to switch. You have to go into the menu...kind of annoying.

I just like how much smarter the AI seems. They pass to open guys. They set picks on their own. They cut to the hoop and other players actually pass them the ball. When you cut strong to the hoop they actually pass you the ball. There have been a couple of times I've broken for the fast break and my players haven't passed me the ball even though I'm wide open, but plenty of other times when they have hit me for the open shot (I don't force them to pass to me ever).

I've seen maybe once or twice where my PG runs out of bounds or runs over half-court for the violation, but it's not happening often enough to be a major issue.

I just wish I could get the controls down better. I feel like I'm not in as good of control of my player like I was with 2K7 or 2K8.

# 54 madmax17 @ 10/23/08 03:30 PM
Menu lag fix: disconnect keyboard

I am unable to go in to triple threat mode on the pc, it should be Lt+Rt but the player just starts running, controls seem to be the main problem for this game.

# 55 Boge @ 10/23/08 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
I am unable to go in to triple threat mode on the pc, it should be Lt+Rt but the player just starts running, controls seem to be the main problem for this game.
I have that problem too!! Super frustrating! My favorite move is the jab step and I can't do it!

# 56 uncguy @ 10/23/08 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
I have that problem too!! Super frustrating! My favorite move is the jab step and I can't do it!
I had the same problem as well. I ended up switching the Left Bumper with the Left Trigger and now both work...dont ask me why....

But now I can jab step again!

But yes, controller issues seem to be the real only issue thus far. I am enjoying it. Have it on both the 360 and the PC. Both give similar experiences.

I just like that I can get my 'mobile' hoops fix now!

# 57 madmax17 @ 10/23/08 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncguy
I had the same problem as well. I ended up switching the Left Bumper with the Left Trigger and now both work...dont ask me why....

But now I can jab step again!
Hm, I tried that and didn't work, switched them in the controls section.

# 58 tulsa1 @ 10/23/08 04:29 PM
Will this game play on a 2.0 Ghz dual core intel CPU? Thanks for any help

# 59 eko718 @ 10/23/08 04:33 PM
I was able to play the PC version and I agree, the graphics are far superior to the console versions surprisingly even at lower resolutions. But as far as controls, has anyone been able to use the sizeup button? On the XBOX 360 its the left trigger, but there is no option within the configuration screen that says anything about a sizeup button. You can't do half the isomotion moves without that button so its a problem. I was using the 360 controller on the PC by the way....

# 60 madmax17 @ 10/23/08 04:43 PM
Controls are a complete mess using the gamepad, we can hope someone will fix it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.