Home
News Post

Update: We are just putting the finishing touches on things now. We should be ready to launch within the hour.

Make sure you check back here tomorrow morning for the official launch OS Arena, our new social networking feature.

Everyone who is or becomes a member of Operation Sports will automatically gain access to the following:
  • your own unique address at operationsports.com/username/
  • a customizable trading card
  • stats tracking and your own Overall Rating
  • your own blog
  • friends lists
  • video albums for all of your videos from EA Sports World, 2K Sports Community, Youtube etc.
  • screenshot albums
  • comments and messages on your chalkboard
  • customizable backgrounds allowing you to give your Arena its own unique style
Everything above is completely free of charge and fully integrated into the rest of OS, including the forums.

The blog feature is especially interesting as it will allow anyone to have a voice on OS and potentially have their work featured on our front page. Along with a new blogs section that will showcase all blogs that are written, we will be "flagging" blogs that we think deserve more attention. These blogs will be integrated into the news section on the OS front page, giving the author exposure to our tens of thousands of daily readers.

It is also exciting to hear that many of the game developers who visit our forums have expressed interest in running their own blogs here at OS. So for those of you wanting to read about the development of the next big sports titles direct from the people who make them, you need look no further than OS.

The next time you hear from me you'll be reading my first blog post. My blog will be dedicated to keeping everyone up to date with what is happening behind the scenes at OS. So make sure you check back tomorrow morning to start working on your own Arena.

Member Comments
# 21 threatlockz @ 11/10/08 10:12 AM
very nice setup. good job guys.

# 22 N51_rob @ 11/10/08 10:16 AM
Great job. I like the setup. I'm at work so I can't really personalize my arena yet, will have to spend a little time on that later.

# 23 23bluesman @ 11/10/08 10:16 AM
Nevermind, just saw it.

Good job!

# 24 CM Hooe @ 11/10/08 10:20 AM
My OVR rating is very humbling.

This looks cool, I'll have to play around with it later.

# 25 aukevin @ 11/10/08 10:22 AM
Very nice. I like it

# 26 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/10/08 10:43 AM
Am I missing something? How do I customize my background on my arena page?

# 27 aukevin @ 11/10/08 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
there's a link at the bottom right corner of your Arena banner that says "edit background." click that.

# 28 bcruise @ 11/10/08 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
"Edit background" on the grayed bar over the banner at the top of the page (default banner is a football field). You can only change that banner though, not the whole page.

LOL, what he said.

# 29 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/10/08 10:53 AM
Thanks guys. I see it now.

# 30 aukevin @ 11/10/08 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I was curious about this as well.
Click on the My Card underneath My Arena and you'll see this:

Quote:
What is an OVR?
OVR stands for Overall Rating. It is a number between 1 and 99 (99 being the best) that gives a quick indication of your level of involvement in Operation Sports activities. Inspired by the rating system in popular sports games, every member of Operation Sports has their own OVR. The more you do on Operation Sports, the higher your OVR will become.

How is my OVR calculated?
Your OVR is the average calculation of all of the Ratings on the back of your card. Ratings of 1-100 are assigned to the following:

* Forum Posts: The number of posts you have made in the Operation Sports Forums
* Posts Per Day: The number of posts you have averaged per day since you joined Operation Sports
* Blog Entries: The number of blog entries that you have written in your Blog
* News/Blog Comments: The number of comments you have made on front page News stories or other member's Blogs.
* Reader Score Votes: The number of Reader or Hype Score votes you have made on various games
* Chalkboard Messages: The number of messages that have been left on your Chalkboard by other members
* Screenshots: The number of Screenshots you have uploaded
* Videos: The number of Videos you have uploaded
* Arena Visits: The number of visits to your Arena

The Ratings that are assigned to the above activities are calculated using a formula that looks at your position in relation to other Operation Sports members. Increase the numbers associated with the above activities to increase your Ratings and in turn your OVR. OVR calculations are carried out nightly to avoid server slow down. Check back daily to see how your OVR has changed.

# 31 BrianFifaFan @ 11/10/08 11:46 AM
I'm adding stuff, but my OVR is still stuck on 12. Kinda crappy, how do I get it to change?

# 32 bluejrdn5 @ 11/10/08 12:22 PM
Looks good so far .. . .Great job OS !

# 33 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/10/08 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I know how do videos but could someone tell me how to do a screenshot album? Its the only thing so far that I cant figure out.
Pretty much the same way you do video albums. I was able to figure it out pretty easily.

# 34 AlexBrady @ 11/10/08 12:51 PM
Wow, this is a great addition to Operation Sports.

# 35 CaptainZombie @ 11/10/08 12:52 PM
This is excellent, thanks for the new feature.

# 36 bomberooski @ 11/10/08 12:55 PM
Haven't messed with it much yet. Added one video. Should be a pretty cool side feature that adds a lot of depth to the site. Thanks for keeping the site fresh.

# 37 ak47 @ 11/10/08 01:09 PM
Excellent feature. I've been slacking off at work updating mine and checking out other arenas.

# 38 MessenjahMatt @ 11/10/08 01:14 PM
Very cool feature, great job!

# 39 Scott @ 11/10/08 01:24 PM
Lovin this feature

# 40 rspencer86 @ 11/10/08 01:57 PM
Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find where you can comment on other people's blog posts. Any help?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.