Home
News Post

We wanted to give you some details on what’s included in the patch. We listened to the community feedback very closely, and although we couldn’t get everything we wanted to in the patch due to size limitations (like beluba said earlier), we do think we’ve addressed some key issues.

* The reception of NCAA Basketball 09, from a gameplay perspective, has been really good. Part of the luxury of being on the same engine for our basketball franchises is that we can differentiate between the two, but through the patch process, we’re able to get some of the really good things that the NCAA Basketball 09 team did. We addressed a lot of the gameplay complaints that you guys had including tuning shooting percentages, both overall and in contact situations, so that you’ll have a more realistic shooting percentage outcome. We also made some quick strike ballhandling, analog passing (logic and receptions) and jostle improvements.

* The number one thing we were able to address was the responsiveness with block animations.

* We adjusted the skill level of OTP to All-Star, so with lowered shooting percentages and a higher skill level, you should have a much improved OTP experience. Speaking of OTP, you’re now able to see the “Scouting” tab to look at position leaders (not just the GMs). We bumped up the club search window to 60 seconds so that you’ll have a better opportunity to find a club to play against.

* You’re now also able to put headbands on NBA players, and the team color accessory bug has been fixed.

* Teams with alternate home jerseys are now wearing their HOME shoes instead of their away.

* There are other under the hood things included in the patch (like the autosave in FIBA mode now working) that we won’t go into, but we’re pretty confident that you’ll notice a difference in NBA LIVE 09.

Thanks for your support!

The NBA LIVE Dev Team

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SageInfinite @ 11/26/08 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Sage I know what you mean. I was in practice with a team I play with often and was like DAM my mans got on new Sneaks... It makes the game seem alive. You play a team in oct then you play that same team in Nov and theres a good chance they will not only play different but LOOK different.
Exactly. It adds that freshness and authenticity that Live has been lacking for a few years. The base they've built this year is very solid. It seems as tho next year will be VERY special.

# 22 Da_Czar @ 11/26/08 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Exactly. It adds that freshness and authenticity that Live has been lacking for a few years. The base they've built this year is very solid. It seems as tho next year will be VERY special.
Authentic is the word man. its like the more nba games i watch . the more I wanna play live. My players get in the same positions on the floor run the same plays and with dna even try to shoot from the same places. You add more individual player packages like the competition and like the song says. its always been dirty but now its getting ugly.

and year 2 of dna what they hell will that look like. Add in a healthy dose of Beluba and Steph's passion for accessories and updates and what can you do but be excited about the possibilites of a once dead franchise with the money to make it happen.

# 23 bigeastbumrush @ 11/26/08 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
could anyone post a post patch gameplay video if possible?
PS3 (I did have the patch when it was first released accidentally BTW)

Anyways, I never was able to do this before the patch. Don't know if it's the sliders or the patch but there are no real 'gimmes' down low. And I love that I can go back up for boards.

Simple video but I like it. No dunks, just fighting for the boards.

# 24 alwayz0npoint @ 11/26/08 08:43 PM
Just played my 1st game post patch:

I must say, I am really impressed! played Cavs vs. Knicks.

I won 104-84, Lebron had 32 pts. I can really tell a difference in game play. I nor CPU didn't really shoot any FT. maybe some post patch sliders can fix the problem but overall, great job guys :]

# 25 bls @ 11/26/08 08:53 PM
True statement

# 26 BiggD @ 11/26/08 09:16 PM
Did everyone go back to using default sliders after the patch? or is everyone still using there "own"

# 27 jrich730 @ 11/26/08 09:35 PM
they cant fix the free throws now its obvious seeing how they wont respond to a cry for help it will probably require another patch which as u see is not something we will get anytime soon sucks to cause now late game suspense is dead

# 28 Fiddy @ 11/26/08 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Did everyone go back to using default sliders after the patch? or is everyone still using there "own"
i went back to default all-star settings.. 9 min quarters!!

# 29 MrMaddog @ 11/26/08 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Just guessing here, but if he knew why it did that, I figure they would have fixed it in the patch.
That would be an acceptable answer, but it was mentioned that the replay/half-time show would be fixed with this patch on the PS3.

Since some of us are not seeing any difference, it would be nice to know if the fix was included in the patch or not. If it wasn't...just have to accept that. If it was, than maybe there's something that still can be done.

# 30 Flightwhite24 @ 11/26/08 09:47 PM
Just lost to the Cavs w/ my Lakers 84-83. Kobe had 34 pts. What I did not like was Ilgauskas taking 27 shots and James only 16. Maybe it was a fluke but LB was driving to the cup like a mad man. The roster rotations are garbage. LB goes to the bench w/ 2 min left in crunch time? Can't be DNA? Overall the defense and all other areas I was definetly satisfied. Peace!!! I am using Playmakers Slider set

# 31 Behindshadows @ 11/26/08 09:55 PM
Love the patch, even though Iverson just man handled me in a game against Detroit....

# 32 vc15 @ 11/26/08 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaddog
That would be an acceptable answer, but it was mentioned that the replay/half-time show would be fixed with this patch on the PS3.

Since some of us are not seeing any difference, it would be nice to know if the fix was included in the patch or not. If it wasn't...just have to accept that. If it was, than maybe there's something that still can be done.
Replays aren't working for me either. Devs, please give us an answer.

# 33 Mintsa @ 11/26/08 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
Oh good, I'm not alone on this one.
I hit 31/31 today in one game with the Raptors.
Couldn't friggin believe it.

I have to agree 100%. This has to be "un patched" or something...LOL. Truth is, I dont remember anyone here complaining about freethrows at all ???

Anyways.....Im pretty sure this will not get fixed or un done....so it's pretty much how it's gonna be from here on out.

# 34 23 @ 11/26/08 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Sage I know what you mean. I was in practice with a team I play with often and was like DAM my mans got on new Sneaks... It makes the game seem alive. You play a team in oct then you play that same team in Nov and theres a good chance they will not only play different but LOOK different.

A Czar sighting...lol

Glad to see you still around man.

# 35 BiggD @ 11/27/08 01:57 AM
WOW,i'm impressed with what this patch has done to the game...i had alot of fun getting hammered in todays game (GSW @ BOS) lots of improvements to the gameplay and fluidness.. even noticed a new stat line being displayed Garnett was 5 from 12 at the time

Thank you EA

# 36 BrownsFan72 @ 11/27/08 02:11 AM
This game is sick now. I am so happy to see they have patched some of the issues. Go Cavs!

# 37 Behindshadows @ 11/27/08 05:17 AM
Okay guys with this patch! Return all sliders to default.

Play on Superstar Level with your minutes at 7!

Realistic stats and good fun with realistic scores.

Later People!!! Let me know what you think after trying!

(For 360 Users: Put the game on your HDD - Go to HDMI settings Put on Expanded - On HDMI Colors - Put on SOURCE!)

Thank me later!

Camera angle Press Box!

Peace people and enjoy this new patch! I love it. And Kobe's Purple Nikes! I love it.

# 38 23bluesman @ 11/27/08 05:34 AM
BShadows you always have the nicest avatars...

Seems like you change them every week though?

The patch is good, the game is great. I haven't updated my rosters the past few days, can't wait to see all the new changes when I do update tonight!

# 39 bigeastbumrush @ 11/27/08 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Just lost to the Cavs w/ my Lakers 84-83. Kobe had 34 pts. What I did not like was Ilgauskas taking 27 shots and James only 16. Maybe it was a fluke but LB was driving to the cup like a mad man. The roster rotations are garbage. LB goes to the bench w/ 2 min left in crunch time? Can't be DNA? Overall the defense and all other areas I was definetly satisfied. Peace!!! I am using Playmakers Slider set
This is exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago after I Edited player's ratings based on Playmakers suggestions.

Same exact thing.

# 40 Wiffyjustus @ 11/27/08 08:31 AM
The game seems to play smoother, better. Loved the game anyway so this is just sweetening the deal.

A note on blocking...

I understanding the blocking needed to be fixed for responsiveness. But I kind of miss the old blocking animations. You know, coming over from the weak side to make the huge block. The kind of block that sends the ball into the fifth row.

In real life one of the major factors of blocking is anticipation. It would be a shame to see that completely gone from the game.

Perhaps just pressing "block" could do the basic just straight up block... and using "Turbo + block" can have those awesome gather animations.

I don't think the MAIN problem was really the 'gather' but rather the player not jumping in the appropriate direction.

The quicker blocking fix does the job it is supposed to for now, but I am really looking forward to what you guys do with the blocking in Live 10. It's there, it just needs tweaking.

Great work guys. Loving the game. Keep it up.

J

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.